It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They’re not saying it’s aliens, but signal traced to sunlike star sparks SETI interest

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

Thank you for understanding, I probably seem to come off as cryptic... that's not my intention.... It's really just something simple..... and I think you know the answer.

Though It might take luthier awhile to figure it out, I didn't come in here to dispute theoretical physics.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
a reply to: Greggers

Thank you for understanding, I probably seem to come off as cryptic... that's not my intention.... It's really just something simple..... and I think you know the answer.

Though It might take luthier awhile to figure it out, I didn't come in here to dispute theoretical physics.

Then why did you do it? (Poorly)

And yeah I am still trying to figure out based on your own words what the heck you are talking about. Or what you are calling a tachyon.

And what is this:

Text
Particles from a parallel universe could possibly detect RF from 100's of light-years away instantly... need not be faster-than-light! 

Can you explain how tachyons from another universe would detect rf?

Do these tachyons have resting mass?

Are you talking about entanglement? Are the tachyons the vehicle for entaglement? Where is this theory from? Are you talking about Einsteins thought expirement?
edit on 31-8-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

The basics are as follows and deals with paradoxical ideals, they say reality is what you measure it to be, and no more.

I used tachyon only as an example....

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
What if our government has already confirmed that there is life here, but we've learned from friendly aliens that are in contact with earth, that the species on this planet is actually hostile and more powerful than we are, so they hide it to prevent human curiosity from reaching out and pulling them this way?

What if hiding aliens is just the smart defense?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mahatche

I can accept government secrecy on some things.

Intelligent life existing elsewhere in the universe is not one of them. The 7+ billion people on this planet deserve to know and come to their own conclusions about how it affects them.

There comes a time, and they are rare, where people want to be treated like soldiers and told the whole truth rather than being treated like victims and kept in the dark.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Who says this? Are you referring to the double slot?

Or are you referring to philosophy say of Kant in the Critique of Pure Reason?

I think your making some very broad generalizations.

Why not just say they will make contact through telepathy.

Just as likely as anything your talking about.
edit on 1-9-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

I can accept government secrecy on some things.

Intelligent life existing elsewhere in the universe is not one of them. The 7+ billion people on this planet deserve to know and come to their own conclusions about how it affects them.

There comes a time, and they are rare, where people want to be treated like soldiers and told the whole truth rather than being treated like victims and kept in the dark.

If there is a history of aliens interacting with us throughout history, why would their existence be secret. In fact, must people except there is in all likelihood another intelligence race.

However, pictures of hubcaps thrown into the air, stories of UFO love children, sensationalized narratives and doctored video on YouTube is not proof space faring species have visited earth.

Compounded with the lack of extraterrestrial radio and communication evidence and energy/ radiation signals, it is very unlikely earth is visted, if at all, to the extent Ufologists would lead you to believe for profit.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche
What if our government has already confirmed that there is life here, but we've learned from friendly aliens that are in contact with earth, that the species on this planet is actually hostile and more powerful than we are, so they hide it to prevent human curiosity from reaching out and pulling them this way?

Implausible. In that case it would be more likely that they would have already found us long before a friendly species would. Aggression or desperation seems to be what drives exploration. Yes, we like to think explorers are these benevolent enlightened ones but what does earth history say about that. What kind of guy was Columbus in reality?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I am glad they treated you properly.
I guess they finally improved their
customer service department.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

So there are no history of interactions?

Please explain why:
A: most religions continents apart have a creation story involving sky gods
B: Most histories claim that human knowledge was a gift from sky gods
C:Why on a planet full of animals are we the only ones able to achieve technologically, unless we were created in the image of our visitors, who would no doubt be able to improve our genetics and evolve us in a way to make us more humanoid and less ape.
D.Earliest civilization in Sumeria, spoke of Gods who ruled and lived thousands of years over the people, the annunaki perhaps, beings capable of space travel over long time would also need long lifespans.
E. Their Master/God/leader angry with them interbreeding and giving us the knowledge/ abilities chose to destroy them. Hence the great flood stories also found in all regions histories. Setting back humanity to a level of lower knowledge.
F. Humanity is largely left alone until the Atom Bomb is achieved, thus sparking more interests in our technological achievements and monitoring by these "gods" / visitors...

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

originally posted by: mahatche

Implausible. In that case it would be more likely that they would have already found us long before a friendly species would. Aggression or desperation seems to be what drives exploration. Yes, we like to think explorers are these benevolent enlightened ones but what does earth history say about that. What kind of guy was Columbus in reality?

Respectable point, but on the probability of benevolent travelers, whose to say every species must have human like aggression? Every species on earth has it's own temperament. Some you hate to cross int he wild, others are relatively timid in comparison. If an intelligent species evolved on a planet with few predatory threats it may be less prone to aggression. Humanity has gradually improved and we haven't been doing this very long, there may be a species who learns from their mistakes better than we do. It's not improbable that the universe would have a wide range of temperaments.

Calling it improbable feels a bit humancentric.
edit on 09am09am302016-09-02T09:52:14-05:0009America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

This being a signal purportedly from a type 2 civilization, it is plausible that their ability to capture and use large amounts of energy may point to far superior capabilities of space/time travel, that we may not even be able to comprehend, such as faster than light travel, or the ability to bend space time. They likely also are further down the so called timeline of evolution, they may choose to shield their planetary system from our view due to our still primitive evolution. The issue is that we hope they have evolved peacefully and have an interest in us as an equally important discovery, perhaps not as one of many they ve already discovered themselves.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ChrisM101

I wonder if its possible to evolve as a species and be excessively violent without the ability to colloborate. You can only achieve so much by ruling with fear and violance before you loose creativity or destroy yourself. Just thinking out loud though that may be off base.

Now being species centric i can understand. Simply just wiping out a competitor on a planet so they can survive. As simply a logical conclusion of their own species survival.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I often wonder to what point of peacefulness or violence can we evolve, perhaps we do have the overlooking all knowing god(s) who is evolved to that point of ultimate peace and knowledge who monitor our actions and hope that we take the path of a peaceful entity, but also they would command such power as to destroy us or reset the evolution of us should we evolve to be displeasing, evil, pests of our galaxy.

We often judge things as good and evil, right and wrong, but is the goal merely a balance we are to maintain, or would we all fully evolve to a state of peaceful and righteous or evil and destructive.

Historically it seems that although we were given gifts of knowledge, that there was fear of what we would become, This again is similar to Lucifer/ Satan being a fallen Angel who was cast out for giving us too much power and knowledge or the Annunaki ruling over and interbreeding with the humanoids of this planet. We were likely just supposed to be slaves to a race of these beings from another star, but we started to learn and advance due to the interbreeding and knowledge we were given. Hence the ruler of that group (god) cast out those resposible , froze the world, flooded the world, and started over with humans of a simpler state of knowledge and characteristics that would not rival their state of godliness.

It also seems that according to Indian traditions that some of those were willing to go to war in the heavens for this planet, battles were waged and the result is that the gods who were anti power and knowledge and more peace loving overcame those who had pushed for humans to have all power and knowledge and the ability to become more god-like as the star beings were.

Is our current state of evolution advanced because of a prior interaction and breeding with other beings, was it then slowed back to keep us from being a better hybrid than our creators? with 4.1 billion years of earth, our time span is somewhat abrupt to meet this point of technology, yet late to the party when compared with the age of other potential planets, beings, galaxies, etc.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

I wonder if its possible to evolve as a species and be excessively violent without the ability to colloborate. You can only achieve so much by ruling with fear and violance before you loose creativity or destroy yourself. Just thinking out loud though that may be off base.

Now being species centric i can understand. Simply just wiping out a competitor on a planet so they can survive. As simply a logical conclusion of their own species survival.

Hey there

I believe the universe is pretty much just like here. I believe it is very political, BUT - - has a main governing body that handles disputes.

I really do believe there is a Federation of Planets.

When you look at us, how does a country qualify for admission into the UN? We do know that Human Rights is one criteria.

I believe/speculate that our leaders have been in contact - - - and that we do not meet the criteria for entering the Federation of space travel.

I believe/speculate that we need to have a One World governing body - - - a united planet (at least governmental).

Just my theory

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

luthier
I think your making some very broad generalizations.

Oh really..... very funny, it seems your the only one making very broad generalizations!

I only have two conceptual thoughts in this thread:

1. How ET could intercept RF
2. ET mistakes the moon for something else.....

You seem to be stuck on something else!

luthier
Why not just say they will make contact through telepathy.

Ok..
3. ET telepathic communication -to- Human brain !

www.google.com...=telepathic+definition
supposedly capable of transmitting thoughts to other people and of knowing their thoughts;

We already have neuro-technologies that could lead in that direction... get out your tin foil telepathy shield.

You could be bombarded by ET thoughts.....

Here is an example I exclusively made for you ----->

Electro-encephalo-gram (EEG) transmits recorded thoughts of ET, to a human transplanted receiver, designed to decode stimulated electrical messages into to the human brain.

Transcranial-magnetic stimulation (TMS) induces small stimuli in the human brain through the use of electric currents and magnetic fields.

edit on 2-9-2016 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

I wasnt declaring its not possible. I was simply stating its just as speculative and possibly more efficient.

I have no idea how you would detect and interpret radio waves with tachyons.

I do have some minor understanding of quantum telepathy and entanglement. I know in that case you need several protons 1 that is the traveller, one that stays home and another that is your home base for the proton that stays home to knock into for an "observation" which puts both entagled protons in a location. So it would be very difficult if not impossible to acces the information by simply sweeping the universe.

Just wondering if you can explain how tachyons would translate and intepret radio waves thoughout the universe.

Why would our moon appear any different than any other planetary moon?
edit on 2-9-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

He is mine!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

That would be cool.

We have or are close to the ability to put memories/knowledge in an ape brain. They have enough brain capacity to be more similar to us. Even spoken language. They lack the knowledge and pyschological evolution (which enters the dna)

We dont do it because of ethics and unintended consequences. That and Charlton Heston showed us the danger.

Maybe Aliens consider contact like that.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Are we an unfit species simply because we have free will

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join