It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They’re not saying it’s aliens, but signal traced to sunlike star sparks SETI interest

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I'm surprised no one has yet here mentioned about our broadcasted radio frequency wave to outerspace in the direction of Hercules constellation via Arecibo radio telescope back in 1974. M13 aka Hercules Globular Cluster was the direction message was broadcasted.
Also a crop circle appeared next to a radar dish at Chilbolton Wiltshire England in 2001 with replying contents.

It gets a lot more interesting now if this thing is a related post event.

oh and there's already a thread mentioned about this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: chosonone
I'm surprised no one has yet here mentioned about our broadcasted radio frequency wave to outerspace in the direction of Hercules constellation via Arecibo radio telescope back in 1974. M13 aka Hercules Globular Cluster was the direction message was broadcasted.
Also a crop circle appeared next to a radar dish at Chilbolton Wiltshire England in 2001 with replying contents.

It gets a lot more interesting now if this thing is a related post event.

oh and there's already a thread mentioned about this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Taking the speed of light into account, that 1974 message has only reached less than halfway there by now (only 42 light-years vs a 95 light-year star). So, how could a message be received by anyone 95 light-years away when it was only sent 42 light-years ago?

Many folks forget that little light-speed limitation of radio communications.

edit on 8/30/2016 by Krakatoa because: fixed

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Greggers

Suppose that depends on who you ask, i mean try asking some poor homeless fellow how important he finds the subject of the discovery of exoplanets and i think you may find they have other pressing matters to attend to.

Your right through it is an important field of study but hardly an area we should be expending resources upon considering the current socioeconomic climate world wide.

I'll politely disagree. I think there are plenty of other Peter's to rob from to pay this particular Paul. The carnivorous, self perpetuating military industrial complex, for starters.

edit on 30-8-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   

That's all well and said but how do you get said self perpetuating military industrial complex to cough up the dosh instead of spending on there endless rounds of wars and police conflicts throughout the world?

They bastards are only interested in maintaining instability and there brand of control over our respective societies.

Far as i can see the discovery of sentient life around another star would only be of interest to that mob if they could profit from the discovery. And lets face it such a discovery could be rather detrimental to the organised religious gibberish they perpetuate.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

That's all well and said but how do you get said self perpetuating military industrial complex to cough up the dosh instead of spending on there endless rounds of wars and police conflicts throughout the world?

They bastards are only interested in maintaining instability and there brand of control over our respective societies.

Far as i can see the discovery of sentient life around another star would only be of interest to that mob if they could profit from the discovery. And lets face it such a discovery could be rather detrimental to the organised religious gibberish they perpetuate.

I don't have the answer there, but they dump a lot of money into destruction and death and I suppose on the surface it would be as simple as electing a leader who was willing to stop the madness. Of course, in reality, it wouldn't be so simple.

But my point stands.

I could also ask you "how" you propose we focus our resources exclusively on things which would help our "current socioeconomic climate worldwide," my assumption being that you don't have a particular problem with space exploration but rather with whatever it is that you deem non-essential to this cause, and of course my question would be just as hypothetical as yours, as it would have no answer.

However, if we are going to entertain that hypothetical in the first place, space exploration is not the entity from which I would propose we pilfer the money.

Money is devoted to a lot more than just "space exploration" and stuff that helps our "current socioeconomic climate worldwide." Surely any analysis of how our money should be spent should include more than just these two things.

edit on 31-8-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Nobody seems to have the answers or so it seems, as to electing a leader that's willing to stop the madness, that's not going to happen anytime soon considering the candidates and the fact that our leaders are seldom more than the political puppets of our banking cartel masters.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
So if we ever do create such a thing, we could potentially destroy everything in the universe as we know it. Or so could they. Which might make it less likely than we think that they exist at all. Because if they did, it seems likely that this possibility would have had to have happened at least once already.

Yeah. Even with travel at well below light speed, if there was an intelligent race of creatures that arose a billion years ago that managed to survive long enough to create a race of self-replicating superintellient robots and send them out into space, they would have likely infested much of the galaxy by now, and they would be obvious.

Unless... we really are living in a virtual mini-universe created by those same superintelligent robots, as some people claim. And we don't detect them because this universe isn't real, the physics we know and the stars in the sky are all illusions, and the aliens' existence is not part of the program that we're allowed to experience.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

The hologram theory both in physics and philosophy does not say the stars are illusions.

I also think your not grasping the scale of the universe and where the "old part" is.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Taking the speed of light into account, that 1974 message has only reached less than halfway there by now (only 42 light-years vs a 95 light-year star). So, how could a message be received by anyone 95 light-years away when it was only sent 42 light-years ago?

Let me bring you up to speed..... It seems some of you are far behind the times.

Extraterrestrial intelligence would most likely detect electromagnetic RF using faster-than-light particles.

Also to add to thread:
Our Moon could be mistaken for a miniature Dyson sphere or some type of megastructure, thus they mistaken us for advanced beings that can intercept a whole range of communication, including faster-than-light coms. I would bet we are being bombarded by alien communication and detection systems.
edit on 31-8-2016 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Faster than light transmision or teleportation, and entaglement has a finite range and requires both receptors to be tuned. Its not the same as broadcasting radio waves.

Could that change possibly, it would take us a long time to figure that out. Like thousands of years. And no the moon would not be confused with a dyson sphere it has a regular orbit which even we take into account when using Kepler. A dyson swarm is around a sun.
edit on 31-8-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Let me bring you up to speed..... It seems some of you are far behind the times.

Extraterrestrial intelligence would most likely detect electromagnetic RF using faster-than-light particles.

Also to add to thread:
Our Moon could be mistaken for a miniature Dyson sphere or some type of megastructure, thus they mistaken us for advanced beings that can intercept a whole range of communication, including faster-than-light coms. I would bet we are being bombarded by alien communication and detection systems.

"Let me bring you up to speed"???

Other than the belief that "more advanced" = "they can do anything capable of being imagined", how can you definitively say such a thing is even possible?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
O totally agree

originally posted by: Greggers

originally posted by: daerath

originally posted by: Greggers

originally posted by: seedofchucky
Just another false positive used to lure in more funding for a useless project. Just like the 100's of "Earth like planet" found lol. All of these threads about these topics , have one thing in common. collecting dust with nothing new .

You don't think the exoplanet discoveries have been (and continue to be) important?

Planet hunting is very useful in general expansion of knowledge on the universe, the specific scientific disciplines and technologies involved, and in (hopefully) capturing the imagination of youth to get them instead in science.

However, SETI is a waste due to their utterly inefficient approach. They use a purely luck based approach that requires looking at the right star at the right time, which given the number of observable stars is lunacy. They need to work up a list based on stellar age, stars with planets that may be in the habitable range, and then watch for years before moving to the next.

I'm not cheering for SETI. I'm simply arguing that all those earth-like planets discovered by Kepler (and soon to be studied in more depth by Webb) are worthwhile findings in and of themselves.

I absolutely agree. We should spend far more on astronomy and other sciences.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
And no the moon would not be confused with a dyson sphere it has a regular orbit which even we take into account when using Kepler. A dyson swarm is around a sun.

I said miniature, where as solar collectors covering the moon to absorb light and store it, also as a megastructure... capturing man made plasma energy, thus a mini dyson sphere.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: daerath

"Let me bring you up to speed"???

Other than the belief that "more advanced" = "they can do anything capable of being imagined", how can you definitively say such a thing is even possible?

Ah come on.... just having fun with "Let me bring you up to speed" you know faster than light lol.....

Nope....wrong I never said that... "belief that "more advanced" = "they can do anything capable of being imagined"

I said they could mistaken the moon for a Dyson sphere..... meaning not all ET is smart.... I'm sure some dumb ones are out there like us.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Yes you did when you wrote this statement, "Extraterrestrial intelligence would most likely detect electromagnetic RF using faster-than-light particles"

And you're basing that statement on what exactly?
edit on 31-8-2016 by daerath because: misc

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: chosonone

I have given this signal some thought. It took the universe 13 billion years to get to spitting us out. With this in mind, it takes an EXTREMELY long time for the cosmos to produce "intelligent" life (I guess we'll find out how really intelligent we are if we manage to survive the next century). On less hospitable planets it might take even longer. So it comes to a couple possibilities. One, we may be one of the FIRST species to come into existence, that would explain why its so quiet out there. Second, even if there are other intelligent species, they must be fairly rare, and as a result, pretty distant from each other. If in fact intelligent life is exceedingly rare, to find an advanced civilization only 94 light years away would be pretty lucky. So in all probability its not an intelligent signal. Or it is. Its really too bad we spend more money on gambling addiction and pizza than we do on SETI, we might have an answer by now.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: daerath

No... it is a plausible explanation, not imaginary mass BS.

Based on ET's tachyon detectors.... actually particle physics has been looking for something like that right now.

It's not like I made this up.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
a reply to: daerath

No... it is a plausible explanation, not imaginary mass BS.

Based on ET's tachyon detectors.... actually particle physics has been looking for something like that right now.

It's not like I made this up.

But it's still theoretical science. We do not even know yet that tachyons exist. The current thinking is that they probably do not.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Tachyons are currently theoretical. We haven't detected them, we have no experimental evidence that even hints that tachyons are real, and we have no proof of extraterrestrial life so we can't base anything on "ET's tachyon detectors"

So, I'll ask again. Based on what evidence other than supposition?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Lets call it a day and shut down CERN..... it's all theoretical, no use in searching.
and lets not look for evidence, why waste the time... The human race is to stupid.

I used Tachyons as an example.... do you not know what plausible means?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join