It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flash/bang

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
My son is a Scout USMC in Fallujah and he called last week to check in.
During the conversation he got excited and said he's gotten a new toy.

He said they have the new flash -bang grenades that are louder,brighter and a force that will lay'em on their ass.

I ask if he had to use them and he said two, they work sweet.
Roper

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Flashbangs are an excellent tool in hostice situations, it temporarilly blinds and deafens targets, effectively stunning them for a few critical seconds.

What is the point of this post exactly?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
New stronger flash bangs interesting

Flash bangs are very interesting devices IMHO. Think of what happens when you ask your computer to do too many things at one time you get that little hourglass and your computer cant do anything more. Thats pretty much what happens to your brain when a flashbang goes off.

I was watching a " World scariest Police chases " SWAT was at a stand off and one of the guys had a flashbang ready to go and then found no need for it and put it back in his cargo pocket. But the guy forgot to put the pin back in. It went off in his pocket messed up his leg quite a bit.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I have had flash bangs used against me in training scenarios and they are very effective. I was blinded for a few seconds (all I could see was white after the flash-bang went off) and the noise of the flash bangs is defening (sp) and the soundwaves hit me like nothing I've ever felt before. Trust me, if you have 10 or 12 flash bangs going off over a 60 second period, it feels liike chaos.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I've lived a fairly sheltered life, I never seen service (which I frankly regret) and fired only a few firearms...

Even though a flash bang might not be a comfortable thing to get "stunned" by, i'd like to see what happens just out of curiousity...

I know, i'm so foolish but I'd like to experience everything in life...I've already been shot (by a BB-gun:lol)

Yes...the yoy of living in a protected enviroment...

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Flash bangs are not painful. They simply disorient your physical senses.

In my case, I was in OCS and I was attempting to lead a platoon in a military operation at around midnight. We had been sleep deprived for almost three days. And these idiot TAC officers were really harassing me.
A surprise attack was launched against my platoon and the TAC officers began firing off flash-bangs. Well, the noise was so loud that I could not give orders to my men (they could not hear me above the bangs) and we were all totally blind (one minute it's pitch black in the woods and the next minute white flash-bangs are going off all around us -- all I could see was "white," like when you stare too long at the sun-- I had lost all my night vision, due to the white light emitted by the flash bangs). It was chaos and men were running everywhere.

[edit on 21-1-2005 by me again]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
As for the noise level it is about 170 decibels within 5 feet and 140 outside of that. They have been known to be dangerious, but only a hand full of cases are mentioned. Remember the original or official story at Wako was that a flash bang "started the fire".

About those new flash bangs, I havn't seen them yet, but can imagine they just added a concussive mix to em. Making them better, more of a flash-bang-get down, a much needed edge the originals didn't have.

[edit on 21-1-2005 by ADVISOR]

top topics

join