It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald J. Trump Visiting African-American Communites To Offer A Better Way Forward!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well if he wants to connect with the AA community maybe he should stop saying things like:

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has weighed in on San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick's decision to refuse to stand for the playing of the national anthem in protest of what he deems as racial injustice in the United States in addition to recent comments from the quarterback on Trump and Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.

"I have followed it and I think it's personally not a good thing. I think it's a terrible thing, and you know, maybe he should find a country that works better for him, let him try, it's not gonna happen," Trump told The Dori Monson Show on Monday, per Buzzfeed.

www.nfl.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
If you believe him, I have some "Make America Great Again" hats made in China I'd like to sell you.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Maybe that's part of the problem. Trump used the word 'personally' and expressed a view, just like Kaepernick did. If one is expected to have every single personal view line up exactly with those of a "community," it's an impossible task.

Unless one lies constantly.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Maybe that's part of the problem. Trump used the word 'personally' and expressed a view, just like Kaepernick did. If one is expected to have every single personal view line up exactly with those of a "community," it's an impossible task.

TheRedneck

Isn't it ironic that the week he is promoting himself to minorities that he basically says, "Sit down. Shut up or leave."

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

That's not the way I took it. I heard something like, "I think he's being inappropriate and should at least be thankful for what he has."

I mean, the guy has a point about the issue, but he also lives on Easy Street and is disrespecting the people who gave him that address. It's within his rights, but that doesn't mean others have to agree with it. That's their right: to disagree.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Don't get me wrong. I think Kap is being a self serving ass. This issue goes beyond one man though. And if you're running for prez alienating a large part of the electorate is insane.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Byrd

So for example, adding 3 or 4 (or more) million jobs won't help?

Yes but how? Just saying something doesn't make it happen.

I think he has mentioned the international corporations need to come back to the U.S.

That would add jobs and reduce poverty.

Again..... how? I believe that's Byrd's point.

OK, let's look at it this way. What political plan or promise has EVER panned out the way the politician intended?

I think Trump is playing it safe. He knows darn well, that he can say whatever he wants as far as "let's do that, THIS way" or "let's do this, THAT way" and once he gets into office, the way forward changes. There are unforeseen obstructions.

I'm happy knowing he's pinpointed the problems, the solutions will be handled as they're needed.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Wolfenz

I think we Need a Native American president Myself ... long over Due....

Maybe you could just take turns over the next 100 years and cycle through every single group to pick a President.

Wouldn't it just be best to pick the best person for the job?

Right !!

best for the JOB ...

So when Did that ever Happen ?

Ha.. Best for the Job ..

The Only one that were best for the Job in the 20th Century was ONLY Two

Republican : Eisenhower
Democrat : Kennedy

Which Happen to have been one after another at the height of the Cold War...

The both of them Broke the Silence of the Corrupted Government..

in different Forms and were so Against the Government Doings
and Even to a Point in Their Speeches and were for the People..

One that was Really Furious was IKE Eisenhower
and even Mentioned what he was against Plenty of times
the Military Complex...

Those Presidents were For the people ..

Another was FDR at the Beginning ..
Till the Internment Camps he placed in the South West
his loyalty to his country shot that all to Hell ...
from that ...

Nothing from those Two Presidents in ( the 20th Century and NOW )
came close...

Picking for the JOB ...

People chose to Ignore The Background History of the Past Presidents Since Kennedy

OBAMA wet behind the Ears in Politics becomes president ???
little to NO XP!!!!! experience in Handling Tough Situations only a few years as Senator

FAIL

BUSH JR : WOW Surprised he even became a President

you had the Best two presidents beside each other Dwight D Eisenhower and John F Kennedy 1952 1963

an Sadly the Worst Two President beside Each other George W Bush and Barrack Obama 2000 2016
in the 20th Century and Present ...

But your Right its
the Pick of the Who to Do the Best JOB

This Presidential Election is a Circus !!
IT Acts like a Carnival Side Show !!!!!!!!!!
A Circus Elephant and a Carnival Donkey

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

What I see as insane is that people would base their decision on such an issue. They might do so, but I consider it insane.

I agree he's just trying to get attention, but I really would like to see him succeed in bringing his cause to the people. But instead of that happening, it's become a spectacle about the fool refusing to honor the flag.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: WolfenzDebate is dying down- replaced by cyber stone throwing and hysteria.
Any issue, every issue, of importance has people yelling over their social media without anyone bothering to fix root causes.
Millions and millions. A tidal wave of voices.
All of which use sound bites as their opinion ,This is all talk and no results. they can control the masses this way.
Our own presidential elections- they have become puppet shows.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: madenusa

Just for the record, "mudslinging" has always been a part of American politics. Don't forget that some politicians even used to duel to the death over politics (like Pres Andrew Jackson). And if you think things are bad now, look up some of the ads & campaigning during the '60s presidential cycles. They still used flip-flopping against other candidates, like this:

And they used race & racial politics FAR more, like this:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

Can't really disagree with that.
It seems it's the obvious solution then. No more celebrity, no more money, no more insider deals to pick the person, no more lobbying.
Obviously, it's not going to happen, though.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

TheRedneck

The point is the great straight shooter Tump said something completely different while engaging in his normal unfiltered verborrhea then when reading what Kellyanne Conway put on his teleprompter.

What do African Americans have to lose? They could wind up with a President whose real message to blacks is "love it or leave it."

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I really would like to see him succeed in bringing his cause to the people.

What do you believe his cause is?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

Or they could wind up with less violence, better schools, a cleaner inner city, better jobs, a higher standard of living...

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

You can Google that easy enough. I just know it has something you do with anti-violence.

That's enough for me to be supportive.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: Wolfenz

Can't really disagree with that.
It seems it's the obvious solution then. No more celebrity, no more money, no more insider deals to pick the person, no more lobbying.
Obviously, it's not going to happen, though.

Right it not going to Happen ,

Its all a Stage ....

pre Planned is what it seems ...

as i said many times before ....

its How to Catch a Wild HOG Scene ...

To Catch a Wild Pig - A Parable About Society That Offers Valuable Lessons for Leaders
www.fastcompany.com...

being Lead as a Trap!

and the Elite Has the Internet Kill Switch ...

Lobbyist ?? you mean The Snake Oil Sales Man , Car Sales man , The Stock Broker,

Ha yeah...

Great way to influence, CON Manipulate Bribe and sometime Blackmail !
to get what you want ... your way...

Not only for Presidential Elects ,

for Amendments , Acts , Bills, Laws,

Lobbyist Help make them PASS!

but it can be Good in a way ...

well like This ...

William Bilbo
en.wikipedia.org...

We would not be Discussing this Thread
This Thread wouldn't exist nor the Net...

A Southern Man ( a confederate that crossed over ) and the Secretary of State : William H. Seward

Got this to Pass..

Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution
en.wikipedia.org...

From Lobbying .... a Great Deal with it ...

and from that my Friend ... Became a Great Game Change ....

America Changed from that Pass ... and trickled down to the Ending of the War..

The AMERICAN CIVIL WAR.

nice story ... goes completely with this thread ...

Yup a Southerner ex Confederate by the name of William Bilbo Helped Abolish Slavery...
Thanks Bilbo.. Aint that sum then .....

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Tuesday, September 6, 2016

When Donald Trump asks African Americans to vote for him, for the POSSIBILITY of positive change, this latest headline out of Chicago comes to mind.

Source: www.cnn.com...

August was the deadliest month for Chicago in 20 years, and now, as of Labor Day weekend, 2016 is the deadliest year in 20 years. 500 murders in 9 months. The number of citizens permanently maimed and disfigured are far, far more than the 500 who were taken away.

I didn't follow the news much this weekend, but I hope Donald Trump's visitation to the African American church in Detroit went well.

-cwm

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join