It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN is disgusting.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This is on the front page of CNN
www.cnn.com...

CNN is nothing but a propaganda mouthpiece. This is absolutely blatant propaganda. Are the powers that be preparing to ramp up military activity in Syria? Is this just a distraction to mask some other activity? I'll let you come to your own conclusions; here's mine. CNN is nothing but a sold out mouthpiece for the powers that be. Don't waste your time with it. I certainly won't be wasting mine.
edit on 28-8-2016 by Aristotelian1 because: (no reason given)

..snipped..

edit on Sun Aug 28 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Aristotelian1

How are you arriving at CNN being a blatant propaganda outlet?

Secondly I was under the impression advertising products to sell was a no no on this site?

From your source -

Level I: “The Genius Formula™ Series”
$29.95

Level I: "The Genius Formula Series," in downloadable MP3 format, at a low introductory price of only $29.95. Here are the 6 lectures -- renowned throughout more than 50 countries -- in which Mega Genius® explains how you can skyrocket your intelligence in 3 easy steps and learn to think exactly like a genius. You should listen to this collection of lectures first, before hearing those in Levels II, III, and IV.

Level II: “The Uncommon Sense Series”
$249.95 Now $149.95

Level II: "The Uncommon Sense Series," in downloadable MP3 format, at a substantially discounted price of $149.95. These are the revealing 20 lectures in which Mega Genius® explores a multitude of important subjects, a thorough understanding of which is essential for a comprehensive wisdom of life and for your success and happiness. You should listen to this collection of lectures before hearing those in Levels III, and IV.

Speaking of propaganda...

reported to mods...
edit on 28-8-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Why is this blatant propaganda?

And oh boy, that mega genius site is something else....

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

##snipped##

I feel smarter just from reading the advertisement.

Topic....

Unhappy with new reporting? Start your own news production company thru your Public access channels.

www.videouniversity.com...
edit on Sun Aug 28 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aristotelian1
www.cnn.com...

CNN is nothing but a propaganda mouthpiece. This is absolutely blatant propaganda. Are the powers that be preparing to ramp up military activity in Syria? Is this just a distraction to mask some other activity? I'll let you come to your own conclusions; here's mine. CNN is nothing but a sold out mouthpiece for the powers that be. Don't waste your time with it. I certainly won't be wasting mine.

SNIPPED

Fox is no better. The last time I watched Fox was when a reporter doing a story on 911 said "I know none of us will forget that Wednesday morning " I was like SERIOUSLY???????????? How can ANYONE, let alone a reporter doing a story on 911 not remember or research it was a Tuesday???? The story was being read, so that means MULTIPLE people did not remember it was a Tuesday. I was like WOW, also during the time of actual events Fox always had greatly inflated numbers of victims for weeks on the bottom of the screen ticker! (Compared to other news channels, and actual final numbers of the victims)
edit on 28-8-2016 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2016 by kurthall because: Add

edit on 28-8-2016 by kurthall because: Add

edit on Sun Aug 28 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed tags

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

How are you arriving at CNN being a blatant propaganda outlet?

Secondly I was under the impression advertising products to sell was a no no on this site?

From your source -

Level I: “The Genius Formula™ Series”
$29.95

Level I: "The Genius Formula Series," in downloadable MP3 format, at a low introductory price of only $29.95. Here are the 6 lectures -- renowned throughout more than 50 countries -- in which Mega Genius® explains how you can skyrocket your intelligence in 3 easy steps and learn to think exactly like a genius. You should listen to this collection of lectures first, before hearing those in Levels II, III, and IV.

Level II: “The Uncommon Sense Series”
$249.95 Now $149.95

Level II: "The Uncommon Sense Series," in downloadable MP3 format, at a substantially discounted price of $149.95. These are the revealing 20 lectures in which Mega Genius® explores a multitude of important subjects, a thorough understanding of which is essential for a comprehensive wisdom of life and for your success and happiness. You should listen to this collection of lectures before hearing those in Levels III, and IV.

Speaking of propaganda...

reported to mods...

I don't think he is trying to sell anything, just point it out. And you reported him? What was so offensive by this post that warranted it being reported by you? Reminds me of the whole report your neighbor to the government thing, if you see something say something...

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
Report all you like. I have not violated any part of the T&C. The article is well written pertinent and informative. As such nothing about my OP will be changed. It was not advertising.

If you don' t see that CNN article as blatant in your face propaganda, you are part of the problem.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Well it is ironic that you want to talk about propaganda and then link something talking about selling things to make you a 'mega genius'.
Holy jebus this Jim Diamond guy is something else... Why would anyone give him a dime.

Can you answer why that article you showed is blatant propaganda??

If you don' t see that CNN article as blatant in your face propaganda, you are part of the problem.

Oh nice cop out, don't address it just say that others are too stupid to see it.
edit on thSun, 28 Aug 2016 12:57:53 -0500America/Chicago820165380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thSun, 28 Aug 2016 13:07:48 -0500America/Chicago820164880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

and yet you are still unable to explain what they got wrong.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Well you are obviously just to dumb to see it X!!

We are just part of the problem for applying the smallest amount of critical thought and asking why.

Maybe we just need to become mega geniuses and then we can figure it out.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Well you are obviously just to dumb to see it X!!

We are just part of the problem for applying the smallest amount of critical thought and asking why.

Maybe we just need to become mega geniuses and then we can figure it out.

Good point...

/wanders off to waste 150 bucks...

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

www.cnn.com...

SNIPPED

SERIOUSLY!

CNN is about as benign as you can get.

They don't really say much of anything.

I don't get it. You reference a lecture series?

edit on 28-8-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
We have some die-hard CNN fans on here, folks.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

CNN is like a spring board of topics to follow up on.

CNN doesn't say much of anything.

For me the page format is easy to read - - that's it. Has nothing to do with content - - cuz there really isn't much.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee
Did you read the article I linked?

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

LOL, of course since we are asking why what you linked is propaganda we MUST be die hard CNN fans.
I think they are pretty run of the mill, they have their bias which does lean a bit left but I don't think they are a mouth piece.
Of the three major 24 hour networks I would say if I was forced to watch one that is what I would watch because Fox and MSNBC lean to far to the right and left respectively.

We are just asking WHY that piece is propaganda, you have given zero reason and just linked a lecture series to some quack.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

CNN is like a spring board of topics to follow up on.

CNN doesn't say much of anything.

For me the page format is easy to read - - that's it. Has nothing to do with content - - cuz there really isn't much.

Yet another denial of obvious facts,what a surprise.If your saying CNN isn't now a bias,political weapon then go back to sleep.I remember when same network was a refreshing,breaking news,APOLITICAL member of the 4th estate.Now as they sold out to leftists,their simply crappie propaganda.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
What constitutes it as propaganda?

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Cuul. Im smartter just wreading the advertizemantz. imm a genus!

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

www.cnn.com...
Is this just a distraction to mask some other activity?

Like the 15,000 new emails which may link Hillary and the Clinton Foundation to more pay to play schemes? Or take attention away from Huma Abedin and her mother working for a radical Muslim journal? Nah, would never believe CNN's in the tank for Hillary.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join