It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ann Coulter told to 'kill yourself' at Comedy Central Rob Lowe roast

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Norm MacDonald had the best roast session with the Bob Sagat roast. No curse words. No telling anyone to kill themselves or drink a bottle of bleach. A masterful troll roast and very few people saw the comedi genius from him that night. It was THE best hands down.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

Norm MacDonald had the best roast session with the Bob Sagat roast. No curse words. No telling anyone to kill themselves or drink a bottle of bleach. A masterful troll roast and very few people saw the comedi genius from him that night. It was THE best hands down.

Apparently he read from a book of cheesy wedding speech jokes for that one. Norm MacDonald is a genius.

MacDo nald Trolls Sagat's roast
edit on 29-8-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Xarian6
.. but i cannot understand this or why it is allowed other than we've ALL reached peak toxicity.

Because everyone volunteered to participate.

So let's say a Jewish person paid for a ticket to a comedy act where it's known the comedian singled out audience members. Would it then be ok for him to be singled out and abused with nazi jokes and jibes about his murdered ancestors?

There are also some 1970's 'roast' episodes posted on this thread. Are you saying the content is ok for today? After all they all agreed to be there.

Yes it would be ok, and has happened. Gilbert Godfried made jokes about 9/11 not a week after it on a roast.

Jimmy Carr in this roast said something to the effect of "Choosing between Trump or Hillary is like choosing what movie to watch on United Flight 93."

He also made fun of someones dad being killed in a fire.

Joan Rivers and Gilbert Godfried made fun of Robin Quivers for being molested as a child, with Rivers saying something of the effect that as ugly as she is, she is lucky any man took an interest in her.

These roasts are a place for the darkest humor to be prevalent. Obviously it is not everyone's cup of tea, but many people find that being able to laugh at some of the worst situations in life is a way to get over them. I assure you that not one person is agreeing to being on one of these orasts without knowing what they are getting in to.

And for all of those wanting to censor this or act in violence over being offended, thank goodness the first amendment protects us from that. Protecting free speech means protecting speech you don't like. What if I find your religous speech or political speech "offensive", can I silence you?

I find it ironic that so many people on here calling for censoring or physically attacking the people in these roasts are also distrusting of the government. Can't you see how punishing or censoring this speech would be abused by the people in power to eliminate criticism of them.

If you till feel this way though, you can move to Canada where making jokes about LGBT's or feminists can land you with tens of thousands of dollars in fines.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
If you till feel this way though, you can move to Canada where making jokes about LGBT's or feminists can land you with tens of thousands of dollars in fines.

Or jail time. No #.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: rollanotherone

Apparently he read from a book of cheesy wedding speech jokes for that one. Norm MacDonald is a genius.

MacDo nald Trolls Sagat's roast

Yup. I believe it was a book his father owned? The well wisher joke killed me. I just remember the crowd not getting it, but the comedians in the crowd were in hysterics. Genius it was for sure. I cannot find it on YouTube anymore either.

Add: thanks for the link. I haven't laughed that hard in awhile. Rin Tin Tin. Wow. Now THAT was a masterful roast.
edit on 29-8-2016 by rollanotherone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

No .. as a matter of fact... she said some things that amused me.

Lemme guess... you were dropped as a child?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Blazemore2000

Not that I recall, but I bet have a great track-record of guessing and remote viewing under your belt.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Every bit as accurate as yours. At the very least.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
You 2 want to get a room? Let the topic continue?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000

Every bit as accurate as yours. At the very least.

Perhaps that is true. Personally, I try not to deal in guesswork. I find it contributes to delusion. For instance, Ann Coulter hasn't committed any crimes nor has hurt anyone as far as I can tell.
edit on 29-8-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

all apologies to the OP and the revered and ancient intrepid

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I am more interested in consistency than censorship.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

It's a roast.

Have you not seen one before.

Everyone can be a target for a joke.

You should hear what they say when lisa lampanelli is the target of a joke and what she says back. lol

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

a reply to: amazing

But that's not true. Because you won't find me insulting widows of 9/11 victims, you won't find me calling people retards, you won't find me using homosexual slurs, you won't find me insulting an entire demographic by calling them fat and lazy, you won't find me insulting the elderly, and people of faith.

That's very good of you. But there are plenty of sadistic, violent, and psychopaths who do not insult people. Jeffry Dahmer was considered a nice man by everyone that knew him. So though I won't find some insulting the elderly, we could find them doing other things that are morally reprehensible.

Words are not weapons. She gets to you because you let her.

The question is, why have you fallen under her spell and why can't you see it? Why do you defend her? Interesting questions.

What spell?

I defend her because she doesn't seem like the person you're condemning her as.

I disagree. A not sure why you think words don't hurt or matter. They do. Second, her words are all public record. She is the person I say she is, which is mean and hateful and negative and offensive, not because it's my opinion but because she really does say mean, hateful, negative and offensive things.

I would suggest this...If you say mean, hateful things because it makes you money and people pay you to say mean hateful things, then you are a mean hateful person.

And I think the realm and scope of this thread revolves around one simple question. Is Ann Coulter a nasty person and should we be upset that she was insulted on a Comedy Central roast. The answers are yes she's the nastiest person I know (based on the historical record of what she's said) and nah don't feel bad for Ann it's Karma -you get what you deserve in the end nnd...you go on a roast you get roasted. It's like getting invited to be on Jerry Springer...You know it's only going to end badly. Don't go.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

It wasn't just the fact that he bombed so bad either. If I remember correctly he even had a subtle way of making everyone anticipate his turn of telling jokes. Like at one point he was just sitting there reading the news paper as if he wasn't paying attention to anyone else telling jokes. Stuff like that. So you had the idea that he was really going funny and had something special planned.

Then his turn came and he starts telling jokes that aren't funny at all and just really cheesy as hell.

It was one of the funniest things I've seen anyone do at a Roast.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrPlow

Telling someone to kill themselves because of how they act and the things they say....well, this lefty isn't going to shed a tear over it.

And who is the arbiter of what acts and what things they say are appropriate or inappropriate? You and your POS leftist buddies?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
never mind, wrong video link, doesn't come out the Comedy Central Roast until after labor day. (I really wanted to see that).

edit on 30-8-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Ann Coulter, why would he be offended

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   

a reply to: Blazemore2000

Not that I recall, but I bet have a great track-record of guessing and remote viewing under your belt.

Why would you want to remote view under his belt

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

THe most disappointing thing about this thread: the immediate partisanship exhibited in the OP. What in the 9 hells does Hillary Clinton have to do with any of this? Why does Ann Coulter being part of a roast have to do with this election?

Have you never seen a roast? There's nothing I read there that is any different than anything else I've ever heard in a good roast.

Dumbest fake outrage ever.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join