It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ann Coulter told to 'kill yourself' at Comedy Central Rob Lowe roast

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
There is a simple solution....just frigging well ban comedy......

No one is allowed to laugh at anyone because someone might get offended, and if they get offended we may have seriously think about changing the way thing are done, so as that we do not offend anyone anywhere ever.... aaaaahhhhhhhh!

You are too late - many areas are no go for comedians and not only bans, but prison time is the risk if you make jokes about certain subjects. Just ask Dieudonne. As with most things in the current world, certain groups get to choose what is offensive based on who says it.

Yes it's happened alot like I remember Carlos mencia got banned from a comedy club where I live. I even had tickets to go but he got in trouble. When he said

“I’m Confused. How can 2,000,000 blacks get into Washington, DC in 1 day in sub zero temps when 200,000 couldn’t get out of New Orleans in 85 degree temps with four days notice?”

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Whoopi didn't seem to mind, but she was protecting her friend.

There were also black people in attendance that had zero issue with it since they understood it was a roast and over the line humor is common:

Black model Beverly Johnson also defended Danson's performance:

"If you can't see the humor at a place where there's supposed to be over-the-line jokes, then there's something really wrong."

People are far too sensitive. If they do not like off color humor then do not watch these roasts. If it gets them all trigger-y and makes someone want to find the nearest safe space perhaps knock-knock jokes are more their speed.

I don't disagree - I'd like the playing field to be level though.
As long as we don't get pearl clutching when others are attacked in similar circumstances, all is good.
edit on 29/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I can post link after link of liberal comedians/celebrities getting their asses handed to them at these roasts.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I'm confused by people that get offended at comedy events..it's like going to the beach and complaining you got sand in your shoes..

It makes no sense and like someone said earlier you know the risks so all bets are off.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

This is what roasts were all about.

Back in the day.

Don Rickles was the best. He was hilarious. Today he would be protested and banned as politically incorrect, as he was not pc back then, but the libs have made us a nation of Caspar Milquetoast's. Ed Rendell was right when he said we've become a nation of wusses. Could you imagine the show All in the Family making it on TV today? Where a middle class white guy uses common words in the current lexicon to goof on all races,religions, sexual preferences, etc. (which actually highlighted his own ignorance)? My God, the pc police would go into vapor-lock. Only shows in which minorities make fun of themselves or the white man (Blackish, Off the Boat, and that ilk) are ok today.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Eh?
So if you turn up without knowing you are going to be made fun of and told to kill yourself, then it's your fault for turning up?
Confused...

Yes.

If you show up at a "Roast" without realizing that something like that might be said to you, then yes, it's your fault.

It's a Roast FFS. Anyone there is a Target. If you don't know that then you don't know what a Roast is.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

She was ambushed - and there is no excuse for telling a woman, ever, that she should kill herself (just among many other offensive comments).

Labeling Ann Coulter a Woman is a Roast of all Women.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Eh?
So if you turn up without knowing you are going to be made fun of and told to kill yourself, then it's your fault for turning up?
Confused...

Yes.

If you show up at a "Roast" without realizing that something like that might be said to you, then yes, it's your fault.

It's a Roast FFS. Anyone there is a Target. If you don't know that then you don't know what a Roast is.

Let's hope that we see some consistency going forward.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Meaning what exactly??

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Eh?
Confused...

Yes.

Yeah, heaven help us if liberals are ever political incorrect right? Only right wingers are allowed to be to be non-PC dammit!

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Eh?
Confused...

Yes.

Yeah, heaven help us if liberals are ever political incorrect right? Only right wingers are allowed to be to be non-PC dammit!

As long as there is a level playing field, then everyone can be judged the same way - no need for left / right divisions.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Watch Gilbert rip into George Takei about being gay and how George handles it:

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Watch Gilbert rip into George Takei about being gay and how George handles it:

I think this is all good (very funny actually
). I'd like to see more jokes be taken as jokes in society.
edit on 29/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Oh waaaa the republican party whore was made fun of.
"Oh woe is me you're all so mean"

Pfft, you know for a group of people who constantly harp on rugged individualism & personal responsibility you all sure whine alot.

The irony is that she probably is killing herself.
No one can carry so much vile bile in their belly without rotting from the inside out.

& yes I'm an evil person because I hope that hag suffers horribly just to balance the Karmic scales.

K~

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Eh?
Confused...

Yes.

As long as there is a level playing field, then everyone can be judged the same way - no need for left / right divisions.

Sounds like something one of those evil "liberals" would say.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Oh waaaa the republican party whore was made fun of.
"Oh woe is me you're all so mean"

Pfft, you know for a group of people who constantly harp on rugged individualism & personal responsibility you all sure whine alot.

K~

Ain't that the truth. Yet everyone rallied around that Clint Eastwood thread saying we're now the pussy generation but look at all the butt hurt in this thread...

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Eh?
Confused...

Yes.

Sounds like something one of those evil "liberals" would say.

Why are liberals evil?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Because they're different and M'uricans don't like different.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

the butt hurt in this thread...

This thread?
Damn all they do is whine & cry every where they go.
It's all "oh they're out to get us" "waaa they're coming for our guns" "boo hoo we can't say vile ignorant BS in public anymore without being chastised for it"

Seriously sick of these people & their bitchin & moaning.
After November hopefully they'll be so dejected & down trodden that they wont have the will to post more useless BS day in day out.
More than likely though their BS will triple just like after Obama was elected.
Twice!

K~

K~

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

I like you!

It's going to get worse after November unfortunately. After Hillary Clinton wins the presidency all the former Drumpf supporters will be in such a frenzy! He's already laying the ground work that if he loses it's proof that the system is rigged...

Remember folks a Republican Presidential candidate has not won the popular vote in a while... just sayin.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join