It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ann Coulter told to 'kill yourself' at Comedy Central Rob Lowe roast

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DerekJR321

Viacom? Sumner Redstone... or more likely his proxy as he's ancient?

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

How did "pow" imply hitting?

Could it not have meant getting angry and yelling? Or something of that nature? Sorry you're offended...really, I am.

As for growing up? No. ...and you can't make me, neener, neener, neener.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Of course. POW could only of meant the sound of a disapproving strong hand shake... or the POW of your eyes as they send him dirty looks. Or the POW of sadness as you wonder why his comedy is so immature.

Along with your anger and safe limits words, no WAY it could have meant he'd be hit by you. Oh no.

You know damn well what you meant and implied

Oh and I'm not offended -- nothing offends me. I just find the hypocrisy of this place hilarious and how even a mod is not immune from being riled up and lashing out with threats of violence
edit on 29-8-2016 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

She was ambushed - and there is no excuse for telling a woman, ever, that she should kill herself (just among many other offensive comments).

I agree. If Comedy Central must provide safe spaces for people like Coulter and give the audience trigger warnings.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
There is a simple solution....just frigging well ban comedy......

No one is allowed to laugh at anyone because someone might get offended, and if they get offended we may have seriously think about changing the way thing are done, so as that we do not offend anyone anywhere ever.... aaaaahhhhhhhh!

edit on 29-8-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
There is a simple solution....just frigging well ban comedy......

No one is allowed to laugh at anyone because someone might get offended, and if they get offended we may have seriously think about changing the way thing are done, so as that we do not offend anyone anywhere ever.... aaaaahhhhhhhh!

You are too late - many areas are no go for comedians and not only bans, but prison time is the risk if you make jokes about certain subjects. Just ask Dieudonne. As with most things in the current world, certain groups get to choose what is offensive based on who says it.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I don't know whats more shocking..

The event itself, having reached a new low of human toxicity (regardless of the "target")

Or the fact not a lot of you can see it's far over the moral line, and condone it.

I'm far from PC, and the SJW's give me a headache.. but i cannot understand this or why it is allowed other than we've ALL reached peak toxicity.

Rather sad.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xarian6
.. but i cannot understand this or why it is allowed other than we've ALL reached peak toxicity.

Because everyone volunteered to participate.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Xarian6
.. but i cannot understand this or why it is allowed other than we've ALL reached peak toxicity.

Because everyone volunteered to participate.

So let's say a Jewish person paid for a ticket to a comedy act where it's known the comedian singled out audience members. Would it then be ok for him to be singled out and abused with nazi jokes and jibes about his murdered ancestors?

There are also some 1970's 'roast' episodes posted on this thread. Are you saying the content is ok for today? After all they all agreed to be there.
edit on 29/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Bad example.

This is a roast, you will get your balls broken, including if they are Jewish.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Bad example.

This is a roast, you will get your balls broken, including if they are Jewish.

The audience member agreed to go in my example.
But i added a second example... what about the content from the roasts in the 70's... all ok for today you think?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

The audience members do not get roasted.

And I have no issue with the content from any of these roasts. If you think the 70's roasts were over the top you obviously have not heard any of the new Friar's roasts.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

The audience members do not get roasted.

And I have no issue with the content from any of these roasts. If you think the 70's roasts were over the top you obviously have not heard any of the new Friar's roasts.

Interesting. I actually don;t think there is a problem, but I wonder if your view is shared broadly. Ted Danson took a lot of heat over his roast of Whoopi Goldberg at Friars, certainly far more heat than those that asked Coulter to kill herself or called her a 'whore'.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

His jokes pissed off some people not in attendance but she laughed. Sorta like this whole Anne Coulter thing.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

His jokes pissed off some people not in attendance but she laughed. Sorta like this whole Anne Coulter thing.

No no no.... his jokes pissed off, shocked and disgusted the people in attendance, some of whom left in disgust, according to reports in many news outlets. Whoopi didn't seem to mind, but she was protecting her friend. I haven't heard the audience reaction to the 'jokes' about Coulter.. they have been reported as lots of laughing at the jokes and then booing for her when she spoke.
edit on 29/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Whoopi didn't seem to mind, but she was protecting her friend.

There were also black people in attendance that had zero issue with it since they understood it was a roast and over the line humor is common:

Black model Beverly Johnson also defended Danson's performance:

"If you can't see the humor at a place where there's supposed to be over-the-line jokes, then there's something really wrong."

People are far too sensitive. If they do not like off color humor then do not watch these roasts. If it gets them all trigger-y and makes someone want to find the nearest safe space perhaps knock-knock jokes are more their speed.

edit on 29-8-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude once thought he had beer but it turned out to be Natty Ice.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale
At an event that was billed as a roast of Rob Lowe...it seems that Ann Coulter became the target of many a pointed barb, from the star-studded celebrity presenters - and many of them were downright tasteless.

Here are a few examples:

“Ann is one of the most repugnant, hateful, hatchet-face b----es alive,” British comedian Jimmy Carr declared, as audience members cheered. “It’s not too late to change, Ann. You could kill yourself!”

it was Coulter, 54, who spent much of the evening in the hot seat — at one point being labeled a “two faced b----h” and a “transvestite whore.”

Super Bowl hero Peyton Manning got in a few jabs, announcing, “As you all know, earlier this year, Ann Coulter won the Kentucky Derby!”

Ralph Macchio: “I respect you. You are the one female commentator who is not afraid to stand up ... to take a leak.”

Nikki Glaser: “Ann, you are awful. The only person you will ever make happy is the Mexican who digs your grave.”

Coulter Skewered by Celebs

I mean, seriously?

I can only imagine the hue and cry if a bunch of Trump supporters stood up at a public event (it will be aired on Comedy Central), and made horrifyingly sexist and violent remarks about a female Clinton supporter/commentator.

Will Hillary step up and disavow these outrageous attacks against a female - while Coulter was in the room no less? Will the MSM run non-stop panel discussions, tearing apart the people that uttered these remarks (nothing remotely comedic about this, sorry)...and projecting this hate speech onto Hillary Clinton and her campaign - as they most assuredly would do if this had come from the other side of the political spectrum.

I think we all know the answer to those questions. Nope.

Ann coulter isn't a woman. Have you seen the adams apple? Plus, she's loving the publicity. Too bad she doesnt do the world a favor by shutting up and disappearing from the public conscience. She's a political hack masquerading as a journalist.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Wait. Are you trying to be politically correct here because a right wing hero is getting attacked with non-pc jokes? Say it ain't so!

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Faux outrage is faux.

And for the record, they have a point.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Meh, I don't care.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join