It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ann Coulter told to 'kill yourself' at Comedy Central Rob Lowe roast

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

I love it when people bring politics into a discussion about something that has nothing to do with Demos&Repubs.

If you can't feel the sarcasm, read it again.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
There was nothing wrong with any of this. It was a roast. It's reminiscent of the street contest played among boys where they insult each other's mothers.

Heck, remember the movie Stand By Me, where the narrator says, "Insulting someone's mother was always held in the highest regard," or something to that effect.

Context is everything. If you just walk up to some random kid and start insulting his mother, you might get decked. But if you're engaged in a "your momma" contest with a crowd of cheering on-lookers, it's a sport.

Not that Ann Coulter was the butt of a your-momma joke, but it's essentially the same thing: saying mean and nasty things to one another for sport, to see who can get in the nastiest jabs.

It's also reminiscent of rap battles.

The only "over the limit" thing I've ever seen at one of these roasts is the one where one drunk participant actually peed on another one. That was a bit too much. LOL.

edit on 31-8-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Actually, it's funny to see conservatives angry and spewing venom. Obviously, the OP feels Coulter was the victim of hate and treated in such a way far beyond what's acceptable. Give me a break! Horse faced Ann, can expect such hostility and she "loves" the attention. It's her way of gaining acceptance in a world of haters. In all other means to get the attention she requires she would not be known by the world at large. She is a disgusting human being that relies on the nitwits of the GOP to keep her relevant. They buy her books and some of my conservative friends think she "HOT." Excuse me while I laugh...lol. But I see her for what she is...a skinny blond with a Law Degree. Obviously, her daddy neglected her for not being a boy so she chose to act out in a totally unaccepting means to get what she was denied in the home. Attention!

<< 7  8  9   >>

join