It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gallup Has a Blog - and it's good reading

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I've never before seen a veteran polling company post details and opinion about their polls before - the link is to the Gallup CEO discussing how the government's unemployment statistics are wholly unrealistic.

Other posts are about the public's apparent improved feelings about the real estate and auto industry markets, general (over 50% disapproval of Trump); the convention bump has disappeared from both candidates; all in all, it reads as a very good way to get a quick pulse check on the nation.

Gallup Blog

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SentientCentenarian

That was interesting. Especially the stat. of Obama having a more favorable rating than Trump.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Interesting article, but note that it is over a year old.

For all we know the numbers are even worse right now.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Good article but I agree...the numbers are much worse than what we see being reported in the MSM. Here is why...in my opinion...a low unemployment figure drives the magical good will needed for the housing industry (and it follows the banking/lending industry) this in turn is creating another bubble in the real estate market. A good example are the market driven prices in the San Francisco/Bay Area/San Jose are...500K studios, 1.2 starter homes...hang on we are in for another dive or readjustment.
Cheers

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Hmmm....I guess it was only a matter of time before pollsters started using social media as a marketing tool. Especially since they are essentially marketers themselves.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Interesting opinion.

Let's not make this about Obama.

How unemployment is figured started long before Obama.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Interesting opinion.

Nice attempt at a dodge. The article is specific to Obama's tenure in office. If you are going to deflect to Bush then you need to present the actual 'good jobs' rate from 2000-2008

Since Gallup apparently just started this that is hard to factor, however I found this for job participation:

data.bls.gov...

Not 100% correlation, but you can see Obama has been far worse for W's jobs era legacy than W was for the Clinton era.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Annee
Interesting opinion.

Nice attempt at a dodge. The article is specific to Obama's tenure in office. If you are going to deflect to Bush . . .

Did I say anything about or indicate Bush?

NO

top topics

join