It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mainstream Media Ignores Hillary's KKK Ties

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

"Senator Byrd reflects the transformative power of this nation," stated NAACP President and CEO Benjamin Todd Jealous. "Senator Byrd went from being an active member of the KKK to a being a stalwart supporter of the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act and many other pieces of seminal legislation that advanced the civil rights and liberties of our country.

FALSE.

Late in his life, Byrd explicitly renounced his earlier views favoring racial segregation.[56][57] Byrd said that he regretted filibustering and voting against the Civil Rights Act of 1964[58] and would change it if he had the opportunity.en.wikipedia.org...

Talk is cheap. Actions speak louder than words. Once the tides had shifted of course he changed his tune if he was to persist as a career politician.

"Senator Byrd was a master of the Senate Rules, and helped strategize passage of legislation that helped millions of Americans. He will be sorely missed."

Now this I believe, that is, he was a master political manipulator. Hillary was mentored by the best. GO HILLARY GO!
edit on 28-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Blazemore2000

Byrd was in the KKK for many years NOT JUST ONE.

Not just a member bUt a recruiter and founder of his own local chapter.

He was also a grand wizard.

It is all well documented if you bothered to do the tiniest bit of research.
edit on 28-8-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

the early 1940s, Byrd recruited 150 of his friends and associates to create a new chapter of the Ku Klux Klan in Sophia, West Virginia.[12][13]

According to Byrd, a Klan official told him, "You have a talent for leadership, Bob ... The country needs young men like you in the leadership of the nation." Byrd later recalled, "Suddenly lights flashed in my mind! Someone important had recognized my abilities! I was only 23 or 24 years old, and the thought of a political career had never really hit me. But strike me that night, it did."[19] Byrd became a recruiter and leader of his chapter.[13] When it came time to elect the top officer (Exalted Cyclops) in the local Klan unit, Byrd won unanimously.[13]

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Doctor Smith

Let me just say that Hillary is s criminal IMHO, the evidence points to this. She was also a Goldwater girl, Barry Goldwater tried to stop the 1964 civil rights act from being passed. Byrd, who she referred to as a mentor was KKK for about a year. After letting his membership lapse, he apologized thousands of times for that year with the KKK. Byrd it seems is a non-issue and meant to detract from the real story.

The story here isn't Byrd, it can be dismissed easily. The story is Hillary being a willing Goldwater girl and being a Republicrat Neocon who changes sides faster than a chameleon changes colours. She willingly, with purpose and motivation supported continued or reinstated segregation.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Doctor Smith

ATS has officially gone full The_Donald connecting Hillary to the KKK via a renounced KKK member. You never go full The_Donald. You do know the NAACP mourned this man's death, right?

Meanwhile, Trump supporters ignore Trumps own fathers ties to the KKK and complete support of the white supremacist movement. Talk about being willfully ignorant.

edit on 28-8-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

BWAAA HA,HA,HA,HA, You think NATIONAL security is a non issue because YOU THINK the DNC has HONOR HAAAAAA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA.
NEITHER PARTY has any honor in their works and DAMNED few have that inside them,these days.
Oh ..crap that is classic ...
WAIT... you MUST be one of these people who thinks because Loretta covered it it's over...NOT
edit on 28-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
It's all so very ironic ATS Trump supporters up vote a thread based on Inforwar videos.

My, how the mighty have fallen!

Feels bad, man.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
It's all so very ironic ATS Trump supporters up vote a thread based on Inforwar videos.

Feels bad, man.

It's a sad day for ats but a comedy day for me.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Yes they are. And if you push that agenda your nothing but a worthless liar yourself.
edit on 28-8-2016 by Blazemore2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
There are a a lot of excuses and apologies for Clinton's ties to the KKK it seems, yet Trump refused to disavow David Duke having already done so twice before and we're still seeing adverts about it..hmmmm. Double standard.

It's strange how Byrd apparently was only involved with the KKK for a year (it was much more than a year of course) and then was one of a few senators who filibustered for 60 days to try and stop the Civil Rights Act in 1964. Maybe he forgot he'd changed his mind.

The filibuster that almost killed the Civil Rights Act

Let's also remember that this is not some random interview where Clinton didn't say the words 'disavow'. She actually eulogised this guy and called him her mentor.
Later in life, Byrd is caught on video using the phrase 'white ni***s"

In one of his letters he allegedly wrote:

The ex-Klansman vowed never to fight “with a Negro by my side. Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.”

In his own memoirs he called the KKK 'upstanding people'.

He also voted against not one but two black supreme court justice picks.

Regardless of what was in his heart, the OP is right, this is being ignored in a way that it would not be if this very direct association was with Trump.
edit on 28/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The irony of the veiled insults being thrown around here for this issue being brought up, when it's The Hillary and her minion horde the ones trying to make it all about race/ethnicity. Especially ironic when she's just as ugly in this arena.

Ya'll guys could make new threads everyday based on her sweeeeet policies to frame the discourse here in ATS, but you dont, you wont.

Before you go stereotype label me a redneck for "Ya'll guys" that's actually a hybrid of southern "ya'll" speak with northern "you guys" speak, an inside joke of mine.
edit on 28-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Feels bad, man.

Hillary taking Alex Jones serioisly enough to actually make him the focus of an important speech is only like 1000x more pathetic and hilarious.

Oh, how your mighty queen has fallen!

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Please ... tell me anywhere .. at all... where I said the DNC has any honor.

Learn how to read buddy.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

Feels bad, man.

Hillary taking Alex Jones serioisly enough to actually make him the focus of an important speech is only like 1000x more pathetic and hilarious.

Oh, how your mighty queen has fallen!

That was hilarious when she tried to tie Farage, Jones, Duke and Breitbart into a huge conspiracy theory headed by Putin

As for Infowars, I find a lot I find pretty sensational with not enough evidence, but it is far more credible than CNN, MSNBC or FOX.
edit on 28/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

THEN quit giving me CRAP about pursuing an outside element all costs.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

So you demonize the Republicans by pointing out facts,yet you justify the fake storys by the media,with no basis,ahh sound like another owned by the system,need those govt grants,this is a grand example of a government takeover,.sad people like you support the system,my relatives are all liberals,they pretty much run big city I moved from,we used to be such good friends,but they sound like you

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
WHY did he have to go full retard RACIST to GET ELECTED to the DEMOCRATIC PARTY?

The competition was fierce, I bet! lol!

But there he is, planting a big wet one on hillary and people making excuses.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000
a reply to: Xcathdra

a worthless liar .

I'm not Hillary Clinton who is in fact a worthless liar who sold the Sec State to the highest donors to the Clinton Foundation.
edit on 28-8-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: MrSpad

You realize the 1940's KKK actually was an organization, not like today's KKK, but an actual racist institute. He changed his mind? Um, no. He changed his tune to whatever was playing that would keep him in office. You really gotta try harder man.

Wait, so you think the KKK of today is not a racist institute? The thing is for whatever reason he chose to change, he did. Clintons involvement with the man was when he was hero to the NAACP. The KKK has endorsed Trump and said he spreads their message. That is not 60 years ago, that is today. And we will not even get into all the Campaign staff he has hired that have histories of anti antisemitism or racism nor the fact he has retweeted things from the neo nazi group Storm Front on several occasion. Frankly with Trump, I do not even have to try at all.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Lets not forget the Clinton's are tied to murder and the Dixie Mafia in Hot Springs.....

Sen. Robert Byrd was lying about owning up to his past, it was a big fat lie to keep his Senator job.

Decades of being in the KKK, then one day all of the sudden Robert Byrd is a Senator..... and quickly looses ties with the KKK.... hahaha yeah right lol.... those Dem love to lie.... KKK trick.

Hillary, The Grand Wizard Queen currently has a white dog in honor of Robert Byrd.....

edit on 28-8-2016 by imitator because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join