It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mainstream Media Ignores Hillary's KKK Ties

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
While labeling Trump as a KKK supporter with no proof. The media pushes the opposite of reality to protect Hillary's chances of getting elected. Yet another example of George Soros media brainwash.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This is why I will never vote Republican. Ever.

Making up complete lies and trying to pass them off as if there was even a kernel of truth to them is moronic and honorless.

It's nonsense like this that inspires me to actively work against Republicans everywhere.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Other than an Alex Jones video and some other Youtube material, do you have anything concrete?

She praised her friend and mentor, Robert Byrd - who was a KKK member for only a year or so and then quit the organization and spent the rest of his life working for segregation. I understand that she has an endorsement from a KKK leader - but that doesn't make her KKK any more than endorsements from the Lions Club makes her a Lion or an endorsement from a WWE wrestler makes her a WWE wrestler.

So far, every time this is dragged up, all we get are blogger videos. I have yet to see anything solid.

And no, videos don't count. They're easy to manipulate.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

You just don`t want to draw attention to yourself, Byrd, wink wink

No, just joking, but i am good at reading people, to me, she looks like a racist.

This is not evidence, just an opinion.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This has been posted and hashed and re-hashed.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Of course the mainstream media ignores it... They ignore stories about "The Mandela Effect", too. They're ridiculous on the face.

originally posted by: solve
she looks like a racist.

What does a racist look like?
edit on 8/28/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

She praised her friend and mentor, Robert Byrd - who was a KKK member for only a year or so and then quit the organization

I was only racist for a year....did you seriously just do that?

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Again its either because hillary is so evil she scares everybody on this planet earth, or maybe as usual its the fringe fake media posting stuff so to make them feel better about there losing team.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

lol....... yeah then he had a total opinion change as he had a black best friend or cousin so he could never of been racist in the first place

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

The dude actually founded a chapter!

Unless he founded it when he was only say 15 years old, and then grew up a year later at age 16, how could hyper-sensitive anti-KKK people EVER excuse that? Even then, anyone outside of Hillary's / the DNC's circles would get CRUCIFIED if that tidbit came up.

Was it only a year???

In the early 1940s, Byrd recruited 150 of his friends and associates to create a new chapter of the Ku Klux Klan in Sophia, West Virginia.[12][13] According to Byrd, a Klan official told him, "You have a talent for leadership, Bob ... The country needs young men like you in the leadership of the nation." Byrd later recalled, "Suddenly lights flashed in my mind! Someone important had recognized my abilities! I was only 23 or 24 years old, and the thought of a political career had never really hit me. But strike me that night, it did."[19] Byrd became a recruiter and leader of his chapter.[13] When it came time to elect the top officer (Exalted Cyclops) in the local Klan unit, Byrd won unanimously.[13]

In December 1944, Byrd wrote to segregationist Mississippi Senator Theodore G. Bilbo:
I shall never fight in the armed forces with a negro by my side ... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.
— Robert C. Byrd, in a letter to Sen. Theodore Bilbo (D-MS), 1944[13][20]

In 1946, Byrd wrote a letter to a Grand Wizard stating, "The Klan is needed today as never before, and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia and in every state in the nation."[21] However, when running for the United States House of Representatives in 1952, he announced "After about a year, I became disinterested, quit paying my dues, and dropped my membership in the organization. During the nine years that have followed, I have never been interested in the Klan." He said he had joined the Klan because he felt it offered excitement and was anti-communist.[13]
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 28-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
On this; It's a grain of sand in the bottom of a toilet that overflows with crap.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
What's up with all the racism posts all of a sudden?

Sadly I do not understand racism anymore because its definition seems to have become: anyone who says anything remotely negative to another person. Especially when the two involved aren't the same race.

I'm sorry but in the 1950s racism was real. Today racism happens on an internet chat forum.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Doctor Smith

They also ignore the fact she was a Goldwater girl.

Goldwater opposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
edit on 28-8-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Blazemore2000

They arent lies nor are they made up.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Whoops duplicate... Don't know how that happened....
edit on 8282016 by GiulXainx because: Duplicate please delete.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: Byrd

She praised her friend and mentor, Robert Byrd - who was a KKK member for only a year or so and then quit the organization

I was only racist for a year....did you seriously just do that?

I read that and said the same thing lol. The double standard is pretty ridiculous. If you had Trump anything remotelyclose to what Hillary said to any former KKK member it would be be a totally different story and noone can tell me otherwise.

Byrd was a member for far more than a year inthe 1940s , he was a recruiter and started his own chapter and being promoted to Exalted Cyclops. Then as a Democratfor decades with the same beliefs voting against the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Oh he apologized! When? Decades later for political self preservation and these hypocrites accept that while he stays in office his entire life!

Fact is, the Democratic party has historically had the overwhelming majority KKK members serving in congress voting against civil rights. Do you want to talk about institutionalized racism, look no further than the democratic party. However, the MSM democratic media has the public believing iit'sthe Republicans the entire time. To even imply that voting for Trump is racist and voting for white ssupremist to take power is dishonest politically motivatedfear mongering at its worst.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: GiulXainx
What's up with all the racism posts all of a sudden?

Sadly I do not understand racism anymore because its definition seems to have become: anyone who says anything remotely negative to another person. Especially when the two involved aren't the same race.

I'm sorry but in the 1950s racism was real. Today racism happens on an internet chat forum.

I'm taking it you live in in a country where your race is the majority hence you don't experience and have never grown up knowing what Racism is like

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
To be fair, Bill says he only started a KKK chapter and became the Exalted Cyclops to get elected.

Clinton says Byrd joined KKK to help him get elected

Former President Bill Clinton explained the late Sen. Robert Byrd's (D-W.V.) membership in the Ku Klux Klan Friday by claiming Byrd was simply trying to get elected.

Speaking at Byrd's funeral in Charleston today, Clinton seemed to criticize newspaper eulogies that dwelled on Byrd's association with the Klan. "They mention that he once had a fleeting association with the Ku Klux Klan, and what does that mean? I'll tell you what it means," Clinton said. "He was a country boy from the hills and hollows of West Virginia. He was trying to get elected.

And maybe he did something he shouldn't have done, and he spent the rest of his life making it up. And that's what a good person does. There are no perfect people. There certainly are no perfect politicians." Byrd joined the KKK in 1942 and was elected leader of his local chapter. Byrd later claimed to have become "disinterested" after about a year. Byrd vigorously opposed the integration of the military, and wrote in 1946 that the KKK was "needed today as never before."

Why would you have to be a racist to get elected in the dem party?

I guess this was before the dems turned into republicans but they forgot to tell him.

Anyway, the media probably thinks it's old news.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
To be fair, Bill says he only started a KKK chapter and became the Exalted Cyclops to get elected.

Why would you have to be a racist to get elected in the dem party?

I'm dying to see this get answered....................

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This was in 1942. By the 50s he had long since apologized and became and strong advocate for Civil Rights so much so he was honored by the NAACP on upon his death. This is nothing like the KKKs current love affair with Trump because his positions represent them. NAACP MOURNS THE PASSING OF U.S. SENATOR ROBERT BYRD

"Senator Byrd reflects the transformative power of this nation," stated NAACP President and CEO Benjamin Todd Jealous. "Senator Byrd went from being an active member of the KKK to a being a stalwart supporter of the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act and many other pieces of seminal legislation that advanced the civil rights and liberties of our country.

"Senator Byrd came to consistently support the NAACP civil rights agenda, doing well on the NAACP Annual Civil Rights Report Card. He stood with us on many issues of crucial importance to our members from the reauthorization of the Voting Rights Act, the historic health care legislation of 2010 and his support for the Hate Crimes Prevention legislation," stated Hilary O. Shelton, Director of the NAACP Washington Bureau and Senior Vice President for Advocacy and Policy. "Senator Byrd was a master of the Senate Rules, and helped strategize passage of legislation that helped millions of Americans. He will be sorely missed."

I know as Trump continues to flounder and his chance look worse everyday that their is sense of desperation from both Trump with his flip flopping on everything now to his supporters and their growing outlandish conspiracy theories. It would be wise for people to do what the GOP is doing. Accept Clinton is going to be President and try and save the House and Senate.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

You realize the 1940's KKK actually was an organization, not like today's KKK, but an actual racist institute. He changed his mind? Um, no. He changed his tune to whatever was playing that would keep him in office. You really gotta try harder man.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join