It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help getting a signal output

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I am an electrical engineer. I can turn a signal into a magnetic field. I just need the flexibility of the computer to generate a signal for testing.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellhound604

Whoa!

You actually have personal experience with this?

Please, I want to hear details... are you using electrical, magnetic, electromagnetic, or Rife tubes? What frequencies? Sine or square wave? How long are your treatments and how often?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Quite possibly. Can you recommend one?

I don't need the antenna, just a RF amplifier stage that can take a high-frequency signal from software.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

So you have to know that there is no way for your PC to produce such energy via any program.

I linked you a good MHZ player, I'm still confused though how you are planning on using it.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder

Checking... looks like this could work. Thank you!

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I haven't worked on it for myself but you could look into the stuff of Arduino (or their clones)
as it is highly customizable and you can hook up almost every input or output. Not sure but it could be the missing link for you.

Good luck

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: ArMaP

Quite possibly. Can you recommend one?

Sorry, no, I just remembered that a couple years ago we had a client coming to the company where I work with a computer that had some kind of problem with Windows and he said that he needed to keep on using that version of Windows because it was the only that worked with the radio card he used (in that case it was a PCMCIA card, as it was a laptop) to communicate via radio with airplanes on a small airfield.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
If your problem is that you need to communicate with the arduino over usb, while doing your stuff on the hardware side, I can provide you the code for the arduino com part and a tool control it, while the arduino runs. This is normally not possible over the USB port, you have to use RS232. With a HC-05+06 BT module for around 15€ both, and a (original!!!) FTDI USB-RS232 converter for around 5€ you can have it wireless controlled.
Otherwise, you just need the RS232 converter and of course Tx/RX port aviable on the arduino. But I´ve found it to be very reliable and comfortable wit hthe BT modules.

This should work, if you just send the commands for the frequency tests from your windows machine and the arduino does the rest.

I wrote a tool to detect your tinnitus frequency and have it cancle out via headphones. It´s just that in that dll, I have some other functions I do not want to publish. But in your case I will gladly recompile it for you.

Basically it´s a serial interpreter on the ardu and it has watchdog functions, you can tag a port and have a virtual interrupt on your windows machine. Think "firmata", but on steroids and optimized for fast readouts and execution cycles. Average signal runtime was around 5-6ms with some glitches up to 20ms, sometimes (never found the bug). If that´s fast enough for you.
edit on 28-8-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Whoa!

You actually have personal experience with this?

Please, I want to hear details... are you using electrical, magnetic, electromagnetic, or Rife tubes? What frequencies? Sine or square wave? How long are your treatments and how often?

TheRedneck

Ok, I started off before I even heard or Rife. I discovered that I could make my eyes open by applying impulses on the facial nerve (it runs just underneath the skin), so my first contraption was a purely mechanical gadget that hooked over my right ear, intermittently pressing on the facial nerve on my left side (i built that with duck tape on my eye-lids just to keep them open!!!).. However, I guess you can imagine what it looked like.
Being an electronic engineer, specializing in RF, and who also studied zoology, and as part of those studies, did medical physiology as a second major, I started to think about stimulating that nerve electrically, so off I went on that direction. First prototype worked for a couple of months, even though I had problems with electrical and chemical burns of the skin under the electrodes, however, that prototype showed me I was on the right track, even though I could only stimulate nerves that are directly under the skin.
A couple of months later, my phrenic nerves started acting up, and after I landed in the ER almost on a weekly basis because of apneusis, a breathing pattern where you stop breathing, until the apneustic breathing centre of the brain kicks in, which uses a different pathway to stimulate the diaphragm, meaning I only took one breath a minute or less. Anycase, during one of those events I discovered that my breathing returned back to normal whilst I underwent a MRI-scan.

Back home, i started working on that premise. An MRI-scanner has a strong static magnetic field, fairly strong gradient magnetic fields that pulses on and off, and then the RF-field. So, I set out investing each one on myself, and built my theories based upon my findings, and the first prototype. Took me a while to come up with something that works, but 2 months later, and a few more ER visits later, came up a new stimulator that kept my breath going.

Well, now it is 2 years later, and no ER visits since I finsihed the magnetic stimulator. Since then I have continuously worked on improving both types, and did a lot of research on it.

The basic premise is that all cells work on a bio-electro principle. Across cell-membranes exist a tiny PD, with ion-pumps in the cell membrane, that will activate when the voltage gradient exceeds a limit that is in the region of 70mV. Note, that I have only studied neurons in detail, but the same principles will apply to all cells, but which ion-pumps are in each cell, will vary. Electrically, the ion punps act like voltage-controlled resistors. If the voltage is low, you will have a resistance of around 10Mohms between the inner and outer of the cell. As well as a capacitance, in the case of neurons, it is a few nF. If the voltage differnce across the cell-membrane increases, the ion-pumps will open and the resistance will decrease. In the case of neurons, there are mainly 3 types of ion pumps, each with its own characteristics. The first one is the Na-pumps which acts within a couple of uS. Slightly slower is the K-pumps, and then quite slow the Ca-pumps. There are actually electronic models out there, so you can run your own stimulations. As you can guess, the dynamics of differnt types of cells will differ. As you can imagine, these pumps can be influenced chemically, by increasing the ion-concentratioms outside the cell, or electrically by changing the potential... As you can also see, the cells are quite slow acting, so a rapid changing field wont affect the cells, however, a high-frequency pulse can penetrate the body deeper than a DC or low-frequenxy pulse, so if you gate a RF pulse (modulate its amplitude) at a low-frequency, you can have deep penetration, and the action on the cell membranes. From that point of view, an RF field modulated at the low frequency, or a strong, but low frequncy magnetic pulses with have the same effect. The problem with RF is the skin-effect, that limits the depth that the RF can still have an affect.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Problem with magnetic fields is, that you need a lot of power. I am using 2 to foxus the beam into my phrenic nerve, each having a peak magnetic field of around 1,2T. Note, that figure is based on theory, I cannot measure those fields with what I have available. For the phrenic nerves, I have found that a magnetic field at around 1kHz is the most effective, and for my facial nerve, a Frequency of 2 kHz is more effective. I am currently working on a new one, with quite a complicated wavetrain, 300kHz for 4mS, then a 300kHz pulse train, half amplitude for 9 mS, then no wave for around 100mS, and so on. First tests look promising.

As for wavEforms are concerned, found for me, square waves with a 10-20% duty cycle seems to be the best.

I use ATTiny 85's for the processor, and FETs for the high-power drivers.

If you want more info, feel free to PM me, it would be nice to have somebody to brainstorm with. Currently it feels as though I have run my race all on my own.

A good place to start reading up on bio-electromagnetic is hosted by a university in Finland.
www.bem.fi...

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Oh yes, I assume you know enough how to work safely. If doesnt take much to electrocute yourself, if you sit like me with 2 electrodes hooked up to your skull, and you touch something that is at a different earth potential than the stuff you are hooked to. Rather go the extra route, and upload your waveforms into a stand-alone unit that runs from batteries.

I am not sure how much more I can say before people start threatening with lawyers and so on, lol...

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

a reply to: DAVID64

As the rheumatologist explained it to me, her capillaries are actually deteriorating. He described it like the layers of an onion separating as it dries out.

He has already made the statement, "There's nothing we can do to stop it."

I need something that will cause the cells to regenerate. That was what the Rife machine did to cancer cells, according to Dr. Rife's notes. My research has led me to the conclusion that the alternating magnetic field produced by the phanatron in the original Rife machine was responsible by stimulating the cells' own internal repair mechanisms. If I am right, that will cause the capillaries to begin healing themselves.

My intention is to introduce the EM waves through a set of coupled coils sandwiching the tissue. I have such a transducer I developed for an unrelated project. All I need to do is get the modulated signal to it.

TheRedneck

There are pre-built digital to analogue I/O boards (ones with their own digital signal processor [DSP] are probably able to reach higher frequencies and more complex waveforms). You'd want to step this up but be aware that inductors (like coils and transformers) usually reduce RF amplitude so a diode multiplier is probably preferable.

For RF output, the design of the circuit depends very heavily on the frequency/s you reqire.

If you are looking simply at safe existing tech, then some TENS machines have modulated output (and they aren't too expensive). It is just that they really don't go into RF but perhaps you could hack one? Battery powered is safer, too!

Also, I'm sure that there are "Rife-like" projects and circuits that interface to a PC. You could research those (but beware of ones that don't actually exist in the real world and are scams).

I wish you success! (also, market it if it works).

edit on 28/8/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Sounds like you are doing some great work there!

I'm wondering about the possibility of adding an RF stage & RF amp to an existing TENS machine.

I still think the losses in a magnetic transducer would kill the functionality at RF.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I had a look at TENS machines. They just use a simple 556 timer. First part gives you the adjustable high-frequency pulses, and the second part gates it at a fixed frequency, and that dives a transformer that gives you a HV-pulse train, and also insulates the electrodes, so he will have to tap the waveform before the transformer, easier to use a simple micro.

I forgot to say that I have a 3rd stimulator that keeps my breath going when I sleep. This one might be more what the OP is looking for. It is a high-power blocking oscillator with the RF at 300 kHz, with a 3kHz pulse gated at 8Hz. In my pillow I have a pancake -coil that forms the L-part of the oscillator. The transistor is a single BU508 transistor, and I switch that circuit on and off at 8Hz with a MOSFET.

However, seeing that Raynauds affect the cappilaries in the fingers/toes, it might be that the OP doesnt need the RF or magnetic field, which is needed to penetrate the tissues deeper. Simple TENS might suffice, and the OP can see if it works by simply measuring the temperaure of the finger on which he supply the TENS.

Anycase, did a quick search of Reynaudd. It seems as though lots of people use standard TENS for it.

edit on 28/8/2016 by Hellhound604 because: Added the TENS lookup

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass

I haven't worked on it for myself but you could look into the stuff of Arduino (or their clones)
as it is highly customizable and you can hook up almost every input or output. Not sure but it could be the missing link for you.

Good luck

Ok I totally missed being mentioned that in the OP.
Well that is me I guess

top topics

<< 1   >>

join