It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli think tank: Don’t destroy ISIS; it’s a “useful tool” against Iran, Hezbollah, Syria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Head of a right-wing think tank says the existence of ISIS serves a "strategic purpose" in the West's interests :

According to a think tank that does contract work for NATO and the Israeli government, the West should not destroy ISIS, the fascist Islamist extremist group that is committing genocide and ethnically cleansing minority groups in Syria and Iraq. Why? The so-called Islamic State “can be a useful tool in undermining” Iran, Hezbollah, Syria and Russia, argues the think tank’s director. “The continuing existence of IS serves a strategic purpose,” wrote Efraim Inbar in “The Destruction of Islamic State Is a Strategic Mistake,” a paper published on Aug. 2.

Inbar stressed that the West’s “main enemy” is not the self-declared Islamic State; it is Iran. He accused the Obama administration of “inflat[ing] the threat from IS in order to legitimize Iran as a ‘responsible’ actor that will, supposedly, fight IS in the Middle East.” Despite Inbar’s claims, Iran is a mortal enemy of ISIS, particularly because the Iranian government is founded on Shia Islam, a branch that the Sunni extremists of ISIS consider a form of apostasy. ISIS and its affiliates have massacred and ethnically cleansed Shia Muslims in Syria, Iraq and elsewhere.

please read the full article HERE

And if you really think that this idea has just been proposed by this think tank and has never been really on the table, think again .

Dark ages we live in, people ! Scum of the earth are now leading the world and making decisions .....

We've got control over nothing .

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: haman10

The Wests main enemy is the banking cartels and mass media networks that run the show and promote the idea that terrorism is on the rise. Fact is there were far more terrorist groups and incidents around in the 1980s than there are in today's world.

Control is an illusion.
edit on 28-8-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
If you needed more proof of the motives behind America's half-assed operation against the Islamic State and their rabid condemnation of Russia's intervention....
edit on -050009am8kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The majority(74%)of Syrian people are practice Sunni.What the he'll is Iran and it's terrorist groups even doing there?The ayatollah of bullsh*tolla.
Also vomited when op included hezbollah with actual countries.lol.Tehran needs a better propagandist.
edit on CDTSunam0961 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Well, quite obviously, this guy needs to go back into his tank and think some more.

It is not an either or proposition. The fight is against Islamic extremism in all of its forms, and by any of its names. All heads of the Hydra must be cut off.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

Well I think they were asked to help by Syria, they are allies after all. The situation is pretty dire.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale
Well, quite obviously, this guy needs to go back into his tank and think some more.

It is not an either or proposition. The fight is against Islamic extremism in all of its forms, and by any of its names. All heads of the Hydra must be cut off.

This makes more sense.There are no "Good Guys fighting in Syria.The fighters and their backers have their own objectives.And it's certainly not to help the Syrian civilians.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

But the massacres are really happening.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
a reply to: TDawg61

Well I think they were asked to help by Syria, they are allies after all. The situation is pretty dire.

It certainly is dire.Yet isn't it the same Sunni vs Shia age old war.I wish every non Syrian stop arming both sides.Let the chips fall in civil war without outside influences guaranteeing more civilian deaths.
edit on CDTSunam0961 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
The majority(74%)of Syrian people are practice Sunni.What the he'll is Iran and it's terrorist groups even doing there?The ayatollah of bullsh*tolla.
Also vomited when op included hezbollah with actual countries.lol.Tehran needs a better propagandist.
we have a saying here : "you can see a mans soul as soon as he opens his mouth" .

The OP, being me, didn't write this article and the website who is offering the article has no ties whatsoever to Iran or Iranian aytollahs .

The majority of Syrians are sunni, yes. Also the overwhelming majority of the people in Syrian Arab Army who are fighting ISIS are Sunni . so what are you implying here ?

As for the reason Iran is in Syria fighting ISIS, thats maybe because we had a security pact and per International laws, we're allowed to be there by the request of Syrian govt.

The same question can be asked from western countries as well . So what are they really doing there ?

Are they fighting ISIS ? by which means ? Supporting FSA ? another terrorist group ?

You know i don't wanna imply who is right or who is wrong . all i wanted to say is that politics and power can be so evil that sometime even supporting the devil himself is justifiable in it .
edit on 28-8-2016 by haman10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: haman10

originally posted by: TDawg61
we have a saying here : "you can see a mans soul as soon as he opens his mouth" .

The OP, being me, didn't write this article and the website who is offering the article has no ties whatsoever to Iran or Iranian aytollahs .

The majority of Syrians are sunni, yes. Also the overwhelming majority of the people in Syrian Arab Army who are fighting ISIS are Sunni . so what are you implying here ?

As for the reason Iran is in Syria fighting ISIS, thats maybe because we had a security pact and per International laws, we're allowed to be there by the request of Syrian govt.

The same question can be asked from western countries as well . So what are they really doing there ?

Are they fighting ISIS ? by which means ? Supporting FSA ? another terrorist group ?

You know i don't wanna imply who is right or who is wrong . all i wanted to say is that politics and power can be so evil that sometime even supporting the devil himself is justifiable in it .

I understand.All I'm saying is ancient hostility isn't going to be solved by the west or Russia.All we're doing is adding fuel to the fire.I too am not saying who's right or wrong.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

The Iranian (expatriots) I have had the pleasure of meeting are some of the most amazing, warm and beautiful people I know. My heart is with the Persians-- I hope soon they can break free from the oppressive Ayatollahs and corrupt leaders (who am I to speak, US is riddled with corruption.. ugh.)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I would consider Saudi Arabia more of an enemy than Iran! Believe it or not, the people of Iran are more westernized than the Sharia Law country of Saudi Arabia and other middle eastern countries. Saudi Arabia would easily subscribe to ISIS ideology.

I find it outrageous that the United States considers Saudi Arabia an ally since they have the most deplorable human rights record!! Oil is the key to American involvement in the middle east.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Good point (and counter-intuitive to what we're being fed). I'd like to point out that "the leaders" of pretty much any society are more likely enemies than the people. I taught Saudis for many years and (with a few notable exceptions) they are decent people just like us, suffering from their own indoctrination, just like us. Very hospitable and funny folk, though!

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Here's a clip from this May where the former Mossad chief Efraim Halevy was saying something of the same nature.

And here's the entire interview, for anyone who's interested.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
With all the information about where the West and its allies sends weapons and supplies and to whom it does..... What this "think tank" says it doesn't surprise me at all. If the West and its allies really wanted to defeat Isis they would have already and they would stop funding the so called "rebels"

Let's just put this in perspective, Isis has only grown in Power and after all these years fighting them. How is it possible that they do keep growing and expanding into more regions. It really doesn't make sense if you think about it.
If we are "winning" why does isis keep growing.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

What if the head resides in Tel Aviv? Or is that just beyond contemplation?
I'm sure you have noticed that ISIS never attacks their biggest foe, Israel.
edit on 28-8-2016 by ezramullins because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ezramullins

What if the head resides in Tel Aviv? Or is that just beyond contemplation?
I'm sure you have noticed that ISIS never attacks their biggest foe, Israel.

Arabs gave up attacking Israel as they lose every single time. Even in the Second Lebanon War where the Arabs supposedly battled well against the IDF the kill ratio was 10/1 in Israels favour, ISIS know they will be wiped out if they make the mistake of getting on the wrong side of Israel.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Tragic and true, but haven't they always through?

TPTB wish you to believe that your wellbeing and security are the name of the game. But there is a cost, that cost being your very freedom. Slowly but surly they are removing our rights, almost on a daily basses, and all under the guise maintaining your security and way of life.
edit on 28-8-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: haman10

Too right.................. The only nations that should be operating in Syria right now is Iran and Russia, plus Hezbollah as they have all been invited in by the government of Syria. Nobody else should be on that sovereign territory including all the mercenaries from Tunis and Chechenya.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join