It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just saw a satellite in day time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Right time right place. Was out in my back yard in Brisbane, Australia at about 5:00 pm. The sun was right about on the horizon, but not quite under. I looked up towards the west and saw a big bright star. At first I thought it was maybe Venus, but then realized it was too high in the sky. Don't ask me the degree, don't know.

I kept watching it and it got less bright, so I started thinking it might be a plane heading west. My eyesight isn't the best, even with glasses, but it still seemed to be an object.

Then it flared up again and was really bright but then got dim and completely disappeared.

So yeah, no plane, satellite. Never seen one one daylight. Pretty cool!

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAiIsLying

It could be a plane with a sun reflection in the canopy, fighter plane or something not so big.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Like I said, flared up the second time but then completely disappeared. If it was an aircraft I should have still seen it.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAiIsLying
Right time right place. Was out in my back yard in Brisbane, Australia at about 5:00 pm. The sun was right about on the horizon, but not quite under. I looked up towards the west and saw a big bright star. At first I thought it was maybe Venus, but then realized it was too high in the sky. Don't ask me the degree, don't know.

I kept watching it and it got less bright, so I started thinking it might be a plane heading west. My eyesight isn't the best, even with glasses, but it still seemed to be an object.

Then it flared up again and was really bright but then got dim and completely disappeared.

So yeah, no plane, satellite. Never seen one one daylight. Pretty cool!

Cool,

Sunset and sunrise, just before and after are the best times to view satellites,

You could check a few websites like heavensabove to see what it might have been.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Might have been the ISS?

Although a high flying aircraft cant be ruled out

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

We saw you too, and you need to trim your nose hairs,

sincerely,
The NSA

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
If it was stationary, it might have been a geostationary satellite glaring in the Sun. Or an iridium flare. Those can be very bright.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Could be the ISS, that thing is wicked bright. There are a bunch of tracking sites on the web.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

S&F for rational thought. Most people would've said or thought "aliens" right of the bat.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
quite positive it was an iridium flare

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

Could be the ISS, that thing is wicked bright. There are a bunch of tracking sites on the web.

The ISS doesn't fade out and in again, and it also moves across the sky pretty fast.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I've only seen it at night, but every time they seem to be a bright lights that fades as it moves and brightens again a few moments later.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: heineken
Possible. Though the direction from the OP's description. (click back one day)
www.heavens-above.com...

edit on 8/28/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Spader

Ha! Yes, I am very open to the possibility of UFO's but I also know what a satellite looks like

For further info, the sighting lasted for just over a minute and got as bright as Venus when I first saw it, and just before it disappeared. I went to heavens-above but couldn't figure out what the hell I was doing.

Gonna go out this afternoon at about the same time and see if I can see it again.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Probably a flare off a satellite, I have seen them before. Usually they do happen right after the sun sets, haven't seen one before. But it could explain why you even saw the satellite, the flare could have made it visible for a short time in the light.

top topics

join