It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who in reality is prepping and for what reason?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

The extent of my prepping is relegated strictly to one aspect; being spiritually capable to overcome the evil in this world. Whatever humans do to this planet and each other is going to affect all of us in ways we can not even fathom. Being prepped with whatever rations you think are necessary is not going to save you from the onslaught of desperation.

If you want to stockpile something though, I would make it honey.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

WTF is your point exactly?

I knew better than to respond to you, what a curmudgeon. You bait with a question then respond with an insult, every time.

meh...

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Increased security is very very dangerous in the wrong hands. People can easily be setup when all their personal information is available. The ones at the top could throw you under a label like IS. I would definitly be prepping, it is a wise thing to do just from looking at the current trends but be careful, keep it on the down low because they might try and label peppers as terrorists. Having a history of non-violence is also really important if you are going to start purchasing survival gear online. At the very least do it anonymously if you are known to have a mental disorder or worse a violent past.
edit on 28-8-2016 by AnonymousTi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
A lot of vets are passed prepping just waiting.
Pretty much it will all be on the fly initially and if theres ONE THING that has been SURGICALLY BEAT into me it is that plans don't work very often,NEVER in emergencies and the circumstances cause that.
In the Cav we ARE barely organized Chaos ,but in the field our ability to adapt as result of freedom of thought has Trumped bad guys in most EVERY fight we've had...the LEADERSHIP not so much .

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousTi

OH I just BLARE what I am all over... I can't lie effectively any way I can't remember them.
It IS on my Facebook,I'm not afraid to tell ANYONE here who I am,JUST not allowed.
Because I'M worse that those who oppose me THAT is the idea...
The ONLY thing that the world knows now is there are AT LEAST a few thousand enraged vets WAITING for someone to get a bright idea for a political MARTIAL law.
WE WILL NOT just try take over...EVER.
ACTIVE duty should have handled that anyway.
They won't have a chance against us without WMDs

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: grainofsand

WTF is your point exactly?

I knew better than to respond to you, what a curmudgeon. You bait with a question then respond with an insult, every time.

meh...

So, what was your point exactly?

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

True, generally I don't care if other people hear about my preps either but if they get sketched out I just say it is for hunting heheh

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I NEED NODS!
Bird watching at night... do you hear people tell you they will RUN to your house too?
edit on 28-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Nope most of them don't think anything will happen. I bet they would though if something did

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

None of us want that to ever happen.
DAMN those who seek it.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow
a reply to: DerBeobachter

What does your OP have to with prepping..?

I feel like you lured me in here, and trapped me for 4 minutes.

And you're not getting those four minutes back. (me either)To bad you cant prep time.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
A lot of vets are passed prepping just waiting.
Pretty much it will all be on the fly initially and if theres ONE THING that has been SURGICALLY BEAT into me it is that plans don't work very often,NEVER in emergencies and the circumstances cause that.
In the Cav we ARE barely organized Chaos ,but in the field our ability to adapt as result of freedom of thought has Trumped bad guys in most EVERY fight we've had...the LEADERSHIP not so much .

I knew a Vietnam vet who told me he didn't see any need to 'prep'. Why bother, if it came to that, he'd just find a 'prepper' and take their stuff.

Lots of people think like that.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

If trouble happens, with OUR training we could start with a ROCK to clod some poor sap and take HIS stuff.
I KNOW a GREAT deal of preppers that would eat him for breakfast that are YOUNG SF.
As a vet, to ME, marauders are on my menu as enemy elements.
If I see someone who is getting hit because of supplies I WILL support their spot.
I would HAVE to I took an oath.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

"Supplies" are the first thing confiscated by whatever authorities remain. In urban areas, the redistribution of all goods to everyone is the only fair way to go about it. Hoarding is a crime, punishable by death (in severe cases).

I'm amused that people think they can defend their stash when everyone else is starving.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Depends TOTALLY on WHO outguns WHOM then doesn't it?
NOT to mention WHO is supporting the "AUTHORITIES" in my region.
I 'm surrounded by 5 military bases here in Colorado Springs,if the POTUS goes with a political martial law the military won't back it.

edit on 28-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join