It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right from wrong

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Someone once said to me;" If you know right from wrong, it makes you the perfect citizen. If you understand right from wrong it makes you a great philosopher. " I never questioned his words, cause he was a man of grand stature. I realized its better to understand than to know, cause knowing can change from one place to another. I enjoy listening cause people have stories, their stories defines them and puts them in a certain box.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Define a perfect citizen.

That phrase stinks of obedience and I believe we find ourselves in the economic position because we are perfect citizens and except the horrible trade deals, the immoral relationships between corps/government and the mass use of slave labor to make a lot of our consumer goods.

We are told what is right, and we know it's wrong. The media in most cases aren't on the average Americans side. We live in a very controlled state of fear. From the war on drugs and terrorism we are fed a constant buffet of propaganda. These wars are vague and can't have a defined victory. Some really don't agree, but perfect citizens shouldn't question.

Remember that you were crazy in the late 1990's if you thought we the perfect citizens were being watched. Well.....
edit on 27-8-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I live in a state where we are taught to understand that we all are bat f#### crazy

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
a reply to: seasonal

I live in a state where we are taught to understand that we all are bat f#### crazy

Texas or Florida?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Not saying

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Forget perfect citizen, what we need is perfect Government. If not, not at all and lets go back to tribal leaders. Then we could axe their heads when they do something really bad that we don't want.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a vague statement as your compass.
edit on 27-8-2016 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

I think your friend stated it accurately, however we each have a measure of what is "right and wrong" that is probably fairly subjective.

For me, it's about living by my own personal rules. I am mostly (driving rules excepted) a law-abiding citizen. My rules guide me and give me peace and freedom.

As for the perfect citizen, I think they probably live next to Mr. & Mrs. Normal, which is to say it's unmeasurable and therefore probably not meaningful. "Normal" is thought to be the average or the mean of what a person would do. That's fine for a group, but the individual -- to BE an individual -- probably doesn't fall into the parameters of a "normal" person.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

I would say most, IF not everyone knows right from wrong...

Following it is another story

top topics

join