It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Magazine Trolls Trolls for no LULZ! Modern MSM journalism is mere distraction.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
My mother-in-law pays good money for a weekly copy of Time magazine that, when she has finished reading, she gives to me to scan for the silliness that is the mainstream media. So, recently I came across 4 pages of pointlessness by Joel Stine entitled How Trolls Are Ruining the Internet, with a super heavy tag line:

They’re turning the web into a cesspool of aggression and violence. What watching them is doing to the rest of us may be even worse
LINK

Now, I am not saying that Trolls are good people, or that they should do some of the illegal things they have been known to do, but is everything getting painted red by the MSM that it can not control. The main focus of the article is on Leslie Jones vs Milo Yiannopoulos

Because of Jones’ harassment, alt-right leader Milo Yiannopoulos was permanently banned from Twitter. (He is also an editor at Breitbart News, the conservative website whose executive chairman, Stephen Bannon, was hired Aug. 17 to run the Trump campaign.) The service said Yiannopoulos, a critic of the new Ghostbusters who called Jones a “black dude” in a tweet, marshaled many of his more than 300,000 followers to harass her. He not only denies this but says being responsible for your fans is a ridiculous standard. He also thinks Jones is faking hurt for political purposes. “She is one of the stars of a Hollywood blockbuster,” he says. “It takes a certain personality to get there. It’s a politically aware, highly intelligent star using this to get ahead. I think it’s very sad that feminism has turned very successful women into professional victims.”
Link

Jones has hundreds of thousands of fans, she also has hundreds of thousands of haters, so to me she sounds like a normal celebrity. Still, with Beyonce showing black celebrities they can make mad money off the BLM open market season I get why Ms. Jones would not just ignore these spineless tweets from idiots, or turn them into the police, she started a war, one she could not win, then made a media # storm out of it... only no one cared and it died off a week later.

Still, the saddest part of this simple snip and paste history of internet trolling ends with a Troll on Megan KoesterA Link to Koestner is easy to find with a google search
Joel calls out his own personal Troll:

I’ve been a columnist long enough that I got calloused to abuse via threats sent over the U.S. mail. I’m a straight white male, so the trolling is pretty tame, my vulnerabilities less obvious. My only repeat troll is Megan Koester, who has been attacking me on Twitter for a little over two years. Mostly, she just tells me how bad my writing is, always calling me “disgraced former journalist Joel Stein.”

then

I saw Koester standing outside the restaurant. She was tiny–5 ft. 2 in., with dark hair, wearing black jeans and a Spy magazine T-shirt. She ordered a seitan sandwich, and after I asked the waiter about his life, she looked at me in horror. “Are you a people person?” she asked. As a 32-year-old freelance writer for Vice.com who has never had a full-time job, she lives on a combination of sporadic paychecks and food stamps. My career success seemed, quite correctly, unjust. And I was constantly bragging about it in my column and on Twitter. “You just extruded smarminess that I found off-putting. It’s clear I’m just projecting. The things I hate about you are the things I hate about myself,” she said.

WOW, what a burn dude. lulz.

Obviously, Ms. Koester had burn Joel so badly that he had to use his position and powers of journalism to destroy here and all of the dangerous internet trolls like her. It is a strange 2016 version of a witch hunt.

Anyway, that's just my opinion, but I am sticking to it.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I wait scientist develop that ones, the so much anticipated nuclear fire crackers. I would buy a box and send my kids on Halloween to stick them in... you know where well of that poor media owners. Just to warm them, you know.
a reply to: hubrisinxs
And yes, candies won't save them.

edit on 27-8-2016 by ratskin32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ratskin32

so much anticipated nuclear firecrackers

that is what you did to my mind!!!

join