It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Star Wars: Episode VIII': Don't Hold Your Breath Waiting For a Title

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
So last year i saw the New Star Wars movie, and i think it was one of the worst movies i ever saw that year. Maybe because my expectations were high, but in my opinion it still sucked.

The weird thing is tho, the new Star Wars movie coming out Dec 17th still havent got an official title, the first movie got it a year before the release. Have they lost the concept? Did the story writters loose their inspiration? Is the movie taking a strange turn of events.... Or could it be, the movie has lost its inspiration.

"I heard the title a long time ago before we started filming, and so I feel some things have slightly tweaked during production. It’s going to be a while before it’s released, I imagine."

One thing is for sure, however: whenever the title is announced, fans will likely cause a great disturbance in the Force speculating on what it means.

Source - Hollywood reporter

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Yes it does. Rogue One. But I don't think it is number 8.
edit on 27-8-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
8 is next year.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Why would they promote a movie over a year away when they got that new Rogue movie coming out way before it?

That would be like shooting themselves in the foot.

Even a communist loving capitalist hating comrade at the bottom of their liberal professor's government funded reeducation class should understand that one.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
As always I have an insider info. The headline of the movie would be: "You own the force"
And the whole scenario would circle around the idea of recognizing your human potential so you can build better space ships for the republic-empire. Touching scenes won't miss. Two weddings and several funerals. And of course, it will be narrated by Nelson Mandela...

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

So last year i saw the New Star Wars movie, and i think it was one of the worst movies i ever saw that year. Maybe because my expectations were high, but in my opinion it still sucked

Guess we can stop right there. LOL.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I was disappointed with the VII too. It was basically a remix of IV to VI.

But if I remember correctly, the VIII has already been shot - in fact they wanted it to get out on May 2016, right after December 2015, but they cancelled it when the VII busted box office. They decided to stretch the VII as long as they could.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
But if I remember correctly, the VIII has already been shot - in fact they wanted it to get out on May 2016, right after December 2015, but they cancelled it when the VII busted box office. They decided to stretch the VII as long as they could.

Episode VIII was supposed to be released in May of 2017 but got pushed back due to production issues.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Star Wars VIII - You ain't never seen marketing like this before.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ah, it was 2017, not 2016.

I stand erected corrected.

join