It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GOP chaos continues

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom
No one care's about who's holding cards they care about whether they have, or can get, a job.

Which should be the impetus of any capitalist. To do the best for his/her family. Totally valid. Trump is the solution? Not seeing it.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: Nucleardoom

NAFTA and the TTP are two totally different things. I would think that someone interested that much in politics would know that. Believe me. Canada would LOVE out of NAFTA. Tired of being screwed by the South. Can't speak for Mexico though. In case you don't know.... NAFTA.... North American Free Trade Agreement. Guess who always holds the BIG cards.

I think it's TPP, but since you know so much about it you already knew that right?
I also never mentioned TPP since I was talking about the damage that's already been done by these two and not what's to surely come with a Hillary presidency. Bottom line is no one care's about who's holding cards they care about whether they have, or can get, a job.

And you think trade wars are getting you jobs? Did you know the economists that were polled on who would do the best job for the economy 55% chose Clinton, 15% chose Johnson, 15% did not know and 14% chose Trump. You want to see some damage done to the economy get good old ad some tariffs Trump it. 2009 will look like a good year next to that. Of course one would hope that if he gets in office somebody will explain how the economy works to him. That and many other things he seems clueless about.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Of course one would hope that if he gets in office somebody will explain how the economy works to him. That and many other things he seems clueless about.

I know right? Will someone please tell the clueless BILLIONAIRE how the economy works.

I think we've all been taught by the Clinton's how it works, something like this:

You give "speeches" that people "pay you money" for and then in return you grant them "political favors" they normally had no chance of otherwise "receiving".

Is that part of the "many other things" that Trump's clueless about?
edit on 28-8-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Which is why I'll just go piss in the bushes, instead.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

ANYBODY who reads and watches news is exposed to tremendously biased and extremely negative exposure of Trump. Unless one does his/hers homework about Trump and watches the actual rallies and speeches he gives, the picture from media is so far off, it is a tough fight against "socially acceptable" view to support him.

Dunno how much university kids are brain fed with dem news channels, but I guess the socially acceptable standard is aligned towards "Bernism" and pro-dems - in extreme.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I know right? Will someone please tell the clueless BILLIONAIRE how the economy works.

Yes he is a clueless billionaire. Being an east coast real estate hack who inherited start in life does not mean he understands the larger principles of economics. He's good at self promotion and real estate. Which compromises about 2% of the whole economic picture. His understanding beyond that is less than most kindergartners.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   

I have 2 AA degrees in Fiber Optics and lasers and Electronics, I went to AIC in Denver for 3 years for a BA.
I won't vote for Soros policies because I comprehend what I read.
You are having issues with perceptions bub.
edit on 28-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Normally not even a matter of debate Trump is very unpopular with the 35 and under crowd, in particular those with educations.

I see and hear this touted all over the place as though it is fact and I am curious to know where this claim originated.

Can you please humor me and cite some kind of reference?

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Is he?
When did you meet him to get this read?

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

I must admit, I'm finding all of this fascinating. I've never seen a politician sabotage his/her campaign to such an extent. How could he & his fanbase believe that alienating virtually every demographic in America would be a successful strategy for the presidency? Even simple focus groups could've shown them that this would happen in the general election if he didn't soften his stances immediately after clenching the nomination.

Though I am a little worried about the rest of the Republican party's attempts to stop the bleeding. It's practically unheard of for a major political party to simply give up on a presidential race, but that's exactly what they'll have to do to save some of their other candidates.

However, I'm hoping that their base won't allow that anti-Trump strategy to succeed. I don't think I've ever been this giddy for a presidential election before.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Cant agree with you.
the younger generations are more for social media and Trump is destroying Hillary on social media terms.

Hillary is a establishment candidate who is nothing but a banking slave. How many people have lost their homes because of the Banks? These people will not vote for Hillary. Every time Hillary opens her mouth she loses more and more votes because her Establishment credentials become more and more obvious.

Each time Trump opens his mouth he gains a younger persons vote. Because they are sick and tired of the crap house insider games costing them jobs.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
I've never seen a politician sabotage his/her campaign to such an extent.

Can you give some examples on how is sabotaging his campaign ? actual examples - not BS mainstream media quotes.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Younger voters will be seeking jobs in which their higher education will give them added value. Innovation in the IT Sectors and the business world are a viable routes where higher education/technical training can take people places. Trump carrot to these voters is a impossible return to the days of lowish paid labour intensive manufacturing jobs.

Staying with education unless you hate common core what does Trump offer voters? Nothing. If Trump was serious about about winning non tradition GOP voters he would be arguing for revamping the education system for the 21st Century. Trump would be going to the likes of Hispanic and African American neighborhoods and addressing would be voters directly. Trump has no real interest in being President and will go down in history as losing to Clinton...

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Can I? Of course. Will I? Nope! If you can't see how his own words and policies are sabotaging his campaign, then I certainly won't help you lol. I'm done trying to reason with Trump's side. Now I'm just going to watch the freakshow & bask in it, since reality is often more entertaining than fiction.

But I'll give you one parting hint: Do you realize that African Americans, Hispanic Americans, and Muslim Americans make up a full 30% of the US population? Then add Trump's amazingly low % of support from American females and now young Americans (which he's alienated w/his words and policies). Then add the other Republicans and conservatives who refuse to support him because of his words and policies. And remember, this doesn't even include the other traditional anti-Republican American demographics like LGBTs, liberals, pacifists, unions, & "SJWs".

If you somehow think that he'll be able to overcome this, then there's nothing I can tell you. Even Bush needed more than 35% of both the Muslim and Latino/Latina vote in 2000, and he still barely won. But because of Trump's own words, he's... ah don't worry about it. If you haven't figured it out by now, then it's all good.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Is he?
When did you meet him to get this read?

I went to his website, even treated myself to his favorite excerpts from The Art of the Deal. Read his views and his nebulous grand plan. So, from the horses mouth.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

So you too have nothing that would eclipse a national security Ff##k up and abandoning personnel in the field to die ,JIUST checking

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

So you too have nothing that would eclipse a national security Ff##k up and abandoning personnel in the field to die ,JIUST checking

You mean other than a draft dodging walking talking security risk # up who can't even keep his own campaign in check, who basically every thinking conservative and security operative has denounced as an even bigger security # up, a useful idiot who high fives Putin and encourages a historal advisary of the U.S. to involve itself in our elections?

Sure, I got plenty to eclipse Killary, but I have neither the time nor the space here to detail it.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Never read THAT stuff Putin never was officially connected ,no proof or EMAILS..
You don't show squat so YOU are mistaken.
HE hasn't abandoned people to get BUT RAPED and die.HE WINS.
UNLESS you have links and facts, Who the hell are you?
What the hell have YOU done that would involve war?

edit on 28-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Can you give some examples on how is sabotaging his campaign ? actual examples - not BS mainstream media quotes.

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Can I? Of course. Will I? Nope!

exactly the kind of response that has turned discussing this election into a farce.

people dont even know why they say the things they do, yet they still think they are right.

Trump is NOT sabotaging his own campaign. That is the lowest form of intellect of the DNC drum beat. I really feel pretty dissapointed that people on ATS are regurgitating that rubbish - then cant even have the decency to back it up
edit on 28/8/16 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abinkadoo
Why do people act like having a damn degree means anything? It means I can research the same info on the Internet, that you put yourself into debt for. They indoctrinate people into the PC mindset, so I'd rather pass on the degree. IMO.

I know but these college guys think hillary is gonna pay for it. That's why.

Like obama was gonna pay the rent and gas.

Lol, hillary should give out some free Blackberries and Hillary Bucks.

Or with every $100k donation to her foundation, you get a free personalized gold plated server!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join