It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Hitler's eyes were brown!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ypperst

I know that there weren't that many color photos around that time, but I clearly remember a color picture with him having dark/brown eyes.

You remember correctly. Hitler had brown eyes. Here is a color photograph:

Because color photography was in its infancy, black and white photographs were often hand tinted to look like color. Hitler's eyes were tinted blue to make him look more "Aryan." (They couldn't do much to make him look blond or tall.)

Here it is in writing:

hybridtechcar.com...

Personal Description

Profession: Painter

Birthplace: Braunau am Inn

Birthday: 24 IV [April] 1889

Residence: Berlin

Build: Medium

Face: Oval

Eye color: Brown

Hair: Black

Special features: Small moustache

[Translation mine. --DJW001]

Another example of the "Mandela Effect" being nonsense.

edit on 16-9-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Hitler's eyes were most definitely brown. Before, during and after the war it was the source of much amusement (in Germany and elsewhere) - that the man that proposed the tall, blond haired, blue eyed Aryan ideal was actually short, brown eyed and dark haired.

This was so well known at the time that if you care to search, you will find political cartoon satire about it, as well as various media articles.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Well that puts the kibosh on this one, doesn't it?

His eyes were brown in the old timeline. Guess what? They're brown in this one too, but some knuckleheads hand colored some of his photos for purposes of propaganda, and 70 years later it's evidence of ME.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

I doubt it. Since when has the Mandela Effect been about facts?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

I doubt it. Since when has the Mandela Effect been about facts?

That's true, unfortunately. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to explain, "No, you guys don't understand. We know Hitler had brown eyes in both timelines, but in our original timeline they never falsely colored his eyes blue in any photos and there was never any confusion!"

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   

brown eyes. he was obsessed with his mother who had blue eyes.
all a bit creepy. I think he was getting at his niece as well.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

The passport you just posted as real is a fake! (Not sure you knew as it's not clear in your post).The UK's Special Operations Executive made this fake German passport as a joke and they listed him as a Jewish painter.

Here is the link to the UK's National Archives where you can read more about it:

Adolf Hitler's fake passport

I think it's becoming clearer and clearer the Mandolia effect is pure nonsense.
edit on 17-9-2016 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

The passport you just posted as real is a fake! (Not sure you knew as it's not clear in your post).The UK's Special Operations Executive made this fake German passport as a joke and they listed him as a Jewish painter.

Here is the link to the UK's National Archives where you can read more about it:

Adolf Hitler's fake passport

I think it's becoming clearer and clearer the Mandolia effect is pure nonsense.

Well that's unfortunate...

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Thank you for correcting me. Nevertheless, the true color photographs do show brown eyes.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

For those who believe his eyes were brown, unfortunate indeed.

Thank you for correcting me. Nevertheless, the true color photographs do show brown eyes.

Nope, the one true colour pic shows he had blue eyes.

Then there are dozens and dozes of contemporary witnesses that said his eyes were blue.

Adolf Hitler's eye color in a rare color photo

And then we have his baby picture which shows his eyes were not dark:

LINK

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I recall the reports that he had brown hair and brown eyes. But I also remember that the Third Reich also produced colourised photographs of Hitler with deep blue eyes. So perhaps this is not a "Mandela Effect" issue but rather one group recalling the written record of him having brown eyes, and another group recalling the visual record of the colour propaganda images of Hitler with deep blue eyes.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Nope, the one true colour pic shows he had blue eyes.

That is not a true color picture, it is hand tinted. Have you never noticed he was in the habit of wearing caps with a bill that kept his eyes in shade or completely concealed. Ever wonder why?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

For those who believe his eyes were brown, unfortunate indeed.

I just mean in general. That explanation had a pleasing symmetry.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   

That is not a true color picture, it is hand tinted.

How do you know? I'm happy to be proven wrong with evidence.

Have you never noticed he was in the habit of wearing caps with a bill that kept his eyes in shade or completely concealed. Ever wonder why?

I never noticed that but that's irrelevant, my grandfather is wearing a hat or cap in all his pictures(taken in 30s and 40s).

But what about the hundreds of contemporary witnesses that left written testimony of Hitler having blue eyes?
And what about his infant pic? You can clearly see he did not have dark eyes.

edit on 18-9-2016 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

But what about the hundreds of contemporary witnesses that left written testimony of Hitler having blue eyes?

Provide one from a source that is not Nazi propaganda, please. Most of the "color" portraits are oil paintings or are black and white photographs that have been retouched.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Provide one from a source that is not Nazi propaganda, please. Most of the "color" portraits are oil paintings or are black and white photographs that have been retouched.

I don't have time now to analyze the witnesses, but I will do so during the week.

DJW001, what about the infant picture? It clearly shows his eyes were not dark.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I don't have time now to analyze the witnesses, but I will do so during the week.

I can honestly say that before this thread, I had never given one moment's thought to what color Hitler's eyes were. But I can make a comment or two about that photo.

For starters, the black level on that photo is way too high. If you adjust for a more reasonable black level, everything else in that photo (including the eyes) are going to get darker. Presented as is, I'm not sure we can tell whether his eyes were light or dark based upon that one photo.

Two, infant eye color can (and often does) change. We also know that, if it does change, it will get darker rather than lighter. Many blue-eyed infants become brown-eyed adults, but it doesn't seem to work the other way around.

Do we know how old he is in that photo? The full head of hair makes me think toddler rather than infant, but otherwise I am unsure.
edit on 18-9-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   

They may have grown darker with age.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I also never cared about his eyes and I wasn't interested in this thread until I saw the fake passport. But, as far as I remember, his eyes were blue.

The baby pics vary in date but he was a toddler, between the age of 1 and 2. To me the eyes look light. However it's irrelevant as Aryan does not mean blonde/blue eyed anyway, people are mistaken about it, Aryan meant Caucasian which include darker hair and dark eyes, but pale skin.

a reply to: DJW001

Here is a witness who was not a nazi: Sefton Delmer, a British journalist who met Hitler before he rose to power and ended up helping wreck the German war effort with clever deceptions and propaganda.

In 1933 he met Hitler in Reichstag when Adolf was the fascist chancellor of Germany. There was a fire in the assembly hall and this is a paragraph of his description of the Fuhrer:

By a detour we next reached a part of the building which was actually in flames. Firemen were pouring water into the red mass. Hitler watched them for a few moments, a savage fury blazing from his pale blue eyes

The Mammoth book of journalism.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Thank you. In any event, the "Mandela Effect" here has been shown to be the result of wartime propaganda.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join