It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Black Men for Bernie’ Founder to End Democrat ‘Political Slavery’ of Minority Voters

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

You completely missed the point. It's been explained over and over. That is not at all what he said. You clearly do not want to see it. Ignorance is bliss.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

You completely missed the point. It's been explained over and over. That is not at all what he said. You clearly do not want to see it. Ignorance is bliss.

I understand full well. I just don't see the logic in it.

It doesn't make much sense.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

... to you.

To many others though, including the gentleman who said it, Democrats have long been promising lots of things, getting a majority of minority votes, and doing little in return for them.

And to otherwise summarize, his ultimate point is that since Democrats have been unable to deliver on their word, vote someone else in... and if they fail... vote someone else in. I completely agree.

edit on 27-8-2016 by paradoxious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

NO!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Well damn if we have a video of a black guy saying it, must be legit.

Well, hey, if it makes it legit to find a video of someone wearing a confederate flag at a Trump rally and then swear they're all racist like they did with the TEA Party, then this works too.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

It makes plenty of political sense.

If your strategy is to buy votes through promising goodies and by promising to fix problems, you need needy people like certain members of certain populations, let's call them victim groups. You create their needs (or problems) which are called wedge issues and promise that only you can fix those things, they need it to happen, so they come out and vote for you.

What do you think Johnson was talking about in his singularly ugly quote after declaring the War on Poverty? He knew that poverty would never be defeated and he never intended for it to be fixed. It is an issue that poor people would always need to have fixed and one that any pandering politician could always count on as vote buyer. Vote for me and I'll get you what you deserve that those other greedy people have that you don't!

It works over and over because people would rather believe anything else than that they themselves might be at fault even a little bit for their own circumstances and it's much easier to blame and hate others and believe that good Senator Thus and Such will deliver you from your present problems if you only vote for him.

And when he doesn't, all he has to do is assure you it was because of his evil opponents and not because HE did nothing ... and because you are already good at blaming everything else but yourself, you hesitate to blame him ...

No, it makes a terrible kind of sense.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The great racial divide perpetrated by the government so we all can't band together,I've said it a million times,my friends are my friends of all colors and races,I think it is demeaning to refer someone in that manner,as long as we have these consensus it will continue to rile someone,truth be told no matter what race or origin we are all feeling it,until we all band together as a united group things will only get worse,I'm old and will be gone soon my time has gone,but I have children and grandchildren I want them to grow up with at least the experiances I did without being suppressed,I want to do whatever possible to help correct these problems,let's get government out of our homes and our wallets,I think by now we common folk can handle our finances don't need some rich person telling us

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: paradoxious

To many others though, including the gentleman who said it, Democrats have long been promising lots of things, getting a majority of minority votes, and doing little in return for them.

The Democrats have done far more for minorities than the GOP has ever done for them.

And to otherwise summarize, his ultimate point is that since Democrats have been unable to deliver on their word, vote someone else in... and if they fail... vote someone else in. I completely agree.

I also agree with you here people should vote for the party that best represents them. The OP says vote Trump but voting for Mr. I'm going to sue the government because I don't want blacks living in my buildings is not a good vote for minorities. Minorities should start looking at other parties to vote for and this could help to break the two party hold on this nation.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
The Democrats have done far more for minorities than the GOP has ever done for them.

Last I checked Republicans freed the slaves and Democrats fought tooth and nail to prevent them from having any rights.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Last I checked Republicans freed the slaves and Democrats fought tooth and nail to prevent them from having any rights.

History is racist and that's why they don't teach it in schools anymore.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Well damn if we have a video of a black guy saying it, must be legit.

Well, hey, if it makes it legit to find a video of someone wearing a confederate flag at a Trump rally and then swear they're all racist like they did with the TEA Party, then this works too.

The flag really had nothing to do with them being labeled as racist. It was the constant ape references that helped them to being labeled as racist.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Kind of ignorant when it comes to political history in America huh? What happened after the civil rights act was passed? Republicans became Democrats and vice versa. You are right Republicans did fight to free the slaves but that Republican party is today's Democratic party.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

History is racist and that's why they don't teach it in schools anymore.

That's mostly in Republican run states like Texas where they don't like for people to have critical thinking skills.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

You asked what the Republicans did, that's what they did. Just because it doesn't fit your agenda does not make it any less true. Platforms change, and this man is highlighting how the Dem platform has changed. So you can't sit there and talk about the past, and only include the past you like.

You can talk about the past, which I did, or the present. In the present, this man is showing how the Dem party doesn't actually care about blacks any more, and it's all lip service.
edit on 27-8-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Kind of ignorant when it comes to political history in America huh? What happened after the civil rights act was passed? Republicans became Democrats and vice versa. You are right Republicans did fight to free the slaves but that Republican party is today's Democratic party.

So, you're saying Nixon was a Democrat?
Last I checked, he was a Republican in the 60's.

And the Gore's were Democrats.

edit- and I'm referring to the civil rights movement, not slavery. You know, the 'laws' that gave them equal rights....

edit on 27-8-2016 by paradoxious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Hillary states one policy and enacts the opposite

Have an example?

How about the flioflopping on the TPP or keystone or franking? How about Iraq, Libya and Syria, oh wait, she was just a warrant and instigator on those lol.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

By voting for Donald Trump. Below are some statistics that again show that the DNC does nothing but simple pandering and expects the 90% black vote like clockwork. This year looks different. OUtside of the MSM which paints the current GOP nominee as a racist he is actually supported by many black organizations.

I agree with that. But the republican option was no better *sigh* it was bad or worse. They should have formed their own, still should form their own.

Oh well.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Wrong. He's reaching out to all the rest of the Candidates to see who is willing to partner with his org. and work with them to actually address the issues facing inner city minority communities.

Trump Pravda strikes again.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

lolollol!!!

You win the internet!

Why did all of us switch, again?

lolololol!

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I would say one big thing stands out. Republicans voted for blacks to vote. Democrats all opposed. Learn History and don't give that 'the parties have changed' bs. Besides, it is one big party.

As far as not renting to black people, that happened over 40 years ago and it was his fathers company. Please find a 'won't rent to blacks' in ANY of this properties now or recent years. Won't happen. You can see below if someone complained they got an apartment.

The Trumps’ company had encountered allegations of discrimination before Donald Trump arrived. On at least seven occasions, people seeking apartments had filed complaints about alleged “discriminatory practices” with the New York City Commission on Human Rights. The company resolved the complaints individually by offering apartments to each minority applicant, but critics in New York said the patterns of bias continued.

All of you parrot the SSDD.

What Trump said in a later book was

“What we didn’t do was rent to welfare cases, white or black,” Trump wrote in his 1987 autobiography. “I’d rather fight than fold, because as soon as you fold once, you get the reputation of being a folder.”

edit on 08pm31pmf0000002016-08-28T13:08:16-05:000116 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join