It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton thinks this about us

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

yes. It goes way back to 20 years ago ---- when 'underground' or non-MSM sites were called "alt.guppies" or whatever.

It is now morphed into infowars, breitbart, david icke, and other 'tabloid' style rags ----- like the "Star" or "National Enquirer".

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
I have spent little time this cycle talking about politics... for good cause. We have a criminal elitist running against an ignorant incompetent. It's struck me as a choice between being burned at the stake or drawn and quartered.

But this made me take notice. Here it is, in Clinton's own words:

"This is what I want to make clear today: A man with a long history of racial discrimination, who traffics in dark conspiracy theories drawn from the pages of supermarket tabloids and the far reaches of the Internet, should never run our government or command our military. Ask yourself: If he doesn't respect all Americans, how can he serve all Americans?"
Source: www.cnn.com...

In the same breath, she equates ATS - including the membership - you - with evil and white supremacy.

TRAFFICS in...Sells for profit

DARK conspiracy theories....Aimed at stirring intolerance, hate and division.

Donald Trump only sells conspiracy that either supports his intolerant views (Obama born in Kenya) or supports his personal ambitions (Cruz's father killed Kennedy) ...

He is not "us"..

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Baseless, silly and now sexist.

Not baseless, she laughed and quoted Cesar when she found out Qaddafi was killed.

Cesar? He was a man. She likes to conquer, thats obvious. Denied the presidency twice, poor Hillary.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

IMMORTALIZED FINALLY!
Although Id rather have a Klingon part ...
edit on 28-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

But with the government having stated they WILL give us propaganda I don't see a choice,if you need all the facts.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

There is a choice. But, it takes effort.

And it also takes looking at ALL SIDES of the argument. There are millions of websites that will shore up any idea......

what is required is for people to balance all of the different incoming "information."

To decide which ones are worthwhile, intelligent, thoughtful, grown up, educated points of view.......and which ones are just trailer-park Jerry Springer national enquirer crap ---- to discern that takes effort. It takes actual research.

That whole "compare and contrast" thing ---- that used to be taught back in the 70s.....

I don't know what happened to that being taught in high school, even in elementary school.
Nowadays, though......I guess school is not like that.

edit on 8/28/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
If the owner and admin want to keep us above that cesspool of garbage then I would applaud that.

If this site wants to actually "deny ignorance" - then the owners/admins should make sure that garbage is not presented as truth. It's gotten really bad lately.

There are only a few of us left who try to present more grounded views. But we are getting tired.
And I don't care if everyone here now hates me, because oh well. Trying to present sourced and peer-reviewed journalism to ATS has become a futile exercise.

ATS can fix that by banning sources from Alex Jones, first of all. But, alas, I was on Alexa the other day and saw that the 'stats' page for ATS shows "related sites" to include INFOWARS.

Is that real? Why is ATS considered "related" or "linked" to infowars? That seems quite disingenuous. Sensational psychological terrorism (aka psyops) ought not (in my opinion) be "acceptable" sources for information on ATS.

Just saying.
Ban me if you want. But this place has gotten off the leash; broken the chain; and is now a runaway CT loonybin. IMO.

The burden of proof is not on ATS.

ATS is not running for the presidency, nor trying to deflect lies, corruption, and a life of chaos, but Hillary is.

The Clinton's are using this tactic to deflect.

Most ATS members understand that Infowars is a propaganda machine, but banning them is not how ATS works, unless the sites, or business commits Libel against ATS. ATS has done a good job of protecting 1st amendment rights, all the way around.

ATS is a site where people come to discuss thoughts, opinions, politics, and more. The staff/mods who don't make a dime, do a fantastic job of rutting the garbage out. Sure we get our share of trolls and liars, but they don't last long.

ATS has a Hoax bin, FYI. Maybe Hillary should have one too, but that would mean her entire entourage would need to jump in.

Maybe if the Democratic and Republican party had members/staff like ATS member's they would actually get called out on there BS, and if the lies got bad enough they would get booted.

The "Sensational psychological terrorism" needs to stop with our MSM and government.

edit on 28-8-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
double post
edit on 28-8-2016 by Realtruth because: double post

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Yes. FYI, I know there is a "hoax bin."

Thanks.

When ATS has banned sources like GLP and Sorcha Faal (and other sources) as being extremist bs bunk......(which I'm very GLAD have been blacklisted on here!)..........
why should they not ban other, or any sources that are equivalently BULLCRAP?

Is ATS 'affiliated' or 'related' or whatever to Infowars? Because, if it is.....
that is just sad.

Jesse Ventura isn't here anymore....."Disinfo.com" kinda fizzled, too.

When Alex Jones is defended as some kind of a sage or guru....and it becomes a national issue ------

then yes, I want ATS to separate itself from the drivel that comes out of those wingnut sites.

But ------
whatever.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Maybe if the Democratic and Republican party had members/staff like ATS member's they would actually get called out on there BS, and if the lies got bad enough they would get booted.

The "Sensational psychological terrorism" needs to stop with our MSM and government.

I totally agree with you on this...

that's the issue ---
In My Opinion, ATS needs to distance itself from the extreme next-level bullS#!T that is represented by the right-wing radio kings. And failing that (if they don't) then ATS must be (by association) relegated to alt-right! Do we want that? I don't.

I think of ATS as a place that actually looks at all data and creates sound dialogue. But - apparently, that is so "last year" that it's not even worth it any more.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

then yes, I want ATS to separate itself from the drivel that comes out of those wingnut sites.

But ------
whatever.

Maybe send the owners of ATS a pm regarding infowars, and their link to ATS. I personally think Alex Jones is a wackjob and pay zero attention to him, and I'm sure many other here do also.

The reason ATS may seem like it's going downhill, is because of all the related election trolling, and shills that show up. It has happened during every election, this one is just much worse.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Yes. Exactly right. You are right.

And, I think I have made that point fairly clearly. It is now up to admin to address the imbalance.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
For those that have not been paying attention and don't know how to use google.

Alt-Right
en.wikipedia.org...

The alt-right is a segment of right-wing ideologies presented as an alternative to mainstream conservatism in the United States.[1][2] It has been described as a movement unified by support for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump,[3][4] as well as by opposition to multiculturalism and immigration.[5][6] The alt-right has no official ideology, although various sources have said that it is associated with white nationalism,[6][7][8] white supremacism,[6][9][10] antisemitism,[6][8][11] right-wing populism,[12][13] nativism,[14][15] and the neoreactionary movement.[16][17]

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Sooooooooo

"Alt-right" covers anyone who supports Trump and is at the same time linked to various discriminatory groups by un-named sources of differing opinions on which discriminatory groups to link it to.

That's EXACTLY what I understood Hilliary to say.

Thank you for cementing my concern over this.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

The reason that Alex Jones is still allowed is because, like it or not, he does occasionally pull out the truth on something amidst the hyperbole as do some of the most fringe leftist sites that are still allowed.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Time for some related inspiration:

From George Orwell - writer of the classic dystopian "1984"

“Perhaps one did not want to be loved so much as to be understood.” ― George Orwell, 1984

“He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.” ― George Orwell, 1984

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” ― George Orwell

“War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.” ― George Orwell, 1984

“If you want to keep a secret, you must also hide it from yourself.” ― George Orwell, 1984

“It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.” ― George Orwell, 1984

“The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.”
― George Orwell

“If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—for ever.” ― George Orwell, 1984

“Now I will tell you the answer to my question. It is this. The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power, pure power. What pure power means you will understand presently. We are different from the oligarchies of the past in that we know what we are doing. All the others, even those who resembled ourselves, were cowards and hypocrites. The German Nazis and the Russian Communists came very close to us in their methods, but they never had the courage to recognize their own motives. They pretended, perhaps they even believed, that they had seized power unwillingly and for a limited time, and that just around the corner there lay a paradise where human beings would be free and equal. We are not like that. We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me.”
― George Orwell, 1984

STILL WANT TO CENSOR ATS
- BAN ALEX JONES
- DENY THE SOMETIMES UGLY TRUTH AND ACCEPT IGNORANCE

"WE SHALL MEET IN THE PLACE WHERE THERE IS NO DARKNESS"

-George Orwell, 1984

Quote source:
www.goodreads.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

So its another ridiculous label then. Another broad-stroke tool with which to segregate and isolate us from each other. Each time I hear these terms parroted in ernest I know someone has swallowed the progaganda.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Just because Hillary doesn't know how to properly use the internet and proper servers doesn't mean other people can't.

We talk about this stuff to try to find the truth of what is going on. If you don't consider these things you are just a mushroom living in the dark and accepting any BS that is fed to you as your only option. How is a mushroom to become free if it is unaware that there is any other way.
edit on 28-8-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Sooooooooo

"Alt-right" covers anyone who supports Trump and is at the same time linked to various discriminatory groups by un-named sources of differing opinions on which discriminatory groups to link it to.

TheRedneck

Noooooooooo

I mean, it says it right there in the part I quoted.

Alt-Right DOESN'T cover all Trump supporters, but people belonging to the Alt-Right are Trump supporters.

You know, kind of like all cars are vehicles but not all vehicles are cars????

I'm not sure you understood anything Hillary said...or anything I have said.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

Sooooooooo

TheRedneck

Noooooooooo

I mean, it says it right there in the part I quoted.

Alt-Right DOESN'T cover all Trump supporters, but people belonging to the Alt-Right are Trump supporters.

You know, kind of like all cars are vehicles but not all vehicles are cars????

I'm not sure you understood anything Hillary said...or anything I have said.

I understand you have to perform complex cartwheels and summersaults while navigating a labyrinth to explain what she really meant.
The simple solution is she meant what she said, just like when she said a youtube video was to blame for the Libya embassy killings, right to the faces of the mothers and fathers of the deceased.
edit on 28-8-2016 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join