It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stay home to raise your kids? You're worthless.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: SeaWorthy

My cousins wife actually paid about $5k a year above what she made so someone else would raise her children.

Kids should have a right to parents, someone at home when they come home, someone to care for them that loves them
so many kids raise themselves now or ar abused by babysitters, almost like being in foster care being passed between strange places and/or people their whole childhood. I am not sure why these people want to have kids unless it is just to be people who have it all and not be left out of something.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

If/When we have kids my wife will cut her hours a lot so no one else is raising our kids.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SentientCentenarian
I'm pretty sure that a disability lawyer will get her that, but it will only be about $1800 a month; good but not great to live on. The lawyers get a percentage of the pay she would have received between filing a complaint and getting a final 'yes' decision.

She should keep at this. She did work for 9 years and should qualify if she paid into Social Security. Apparently, there seems to be an-out-of-workforce rule. She might try to see how her Congresspersons can help.

What some families do when a parent stays home is purchase a disability insurance policy to cover situations like this. Such policies are not common. Perhaps they should be.

I remember decades ago women discussed the dollar value of parenting but were laughed at. Neither those in govt or the insurance industry took that idea seriously to provide some sort of benefit for disability. A death benefit was all there was.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I've been away from my pc for awhile and I wanted to drop back in and let everyone know that I appreciate the support and comments. I'm feeling much better now.

For those of you who gave advice on getting a job, I obviously gave the impression that I was actively seeking employment at this time. I'm not. Just checking out the prospects and getting ready. Currently, I'm in the process of getting my girl licensed to drive so she can start college. Then I'll be hitting the pavement. I really do appreciate all the advice though.

I plan on going back to school to learn medical transcription. I really want to work from home so I can continue to run our little farm.
And you're right DBCowboy. Life is good.
Thanks, ATS for giving me a place to vent so I don't asplode

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Neysa

My grandmother was the typical midwestern farmwife and raised my mom and aunt. She was also really depressed to discover just how little all that time and effort was valued by SS.

It only matters if you've actually paid into the system in a concrete way, and since grandpa didn't list her as a farm employee and pay all the various fees and stuff for her employment ... none of it mattered to the system.

Yeah, the pressure is absolutely there to keep you out of the home and away from your kids even though it is absolutely better for them to have you home as much as possible to raise them. Nope, the state would rather have good little wards it can warp to its devices instead of well-rounded emotionally grounded individuals.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Well said. Sad but true

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Starcrossd
That's appalling! Surely they can appeal this decision? I think her lawyer will probably dig in and get this sorted out. I get so disgusted with the disability thing.. it seems like a lot of people are on it that can actually get out there, and others who desperately need it can't get approved!!

Had a 3 year battle with this myself.

Want disability? Better get on meds, have substance abuse problems, and develop anger issues. Go for the trifecta and you'll be seeing checks in mere months.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Zebraman ain't going to have kids because I hate humans and I don't want to contribute to human overpopulation that ruins the environment. Terraform worlds, create space colonies, get rid of unfettered capitalism, the corporate oligarchy, Illuminati and the Reptilians to make life safer for kids and then you can have babies who will turn into kids.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: Starcrossd
That's appalling! Surely they can appeal this decision? I think her lawyer will probably dig in and get this sorted out. I get so disgusted with the disability thing.. it seems like a lot of people are on it that can actually get out there, and others who desperately need it can't get approved!!

Had a 3 year battle with this myself.

Want disability? Better get on meds, have substance abuse problems, and develop anger issues. Go for the trifecta and you'll be seeing checks in mere months.

Fantastic advice for a single person who cant or does not want to work......if you have kids and go to the government with that trifecta, your kids will be removed from you immediately......

As far as the OP goes raising kids in a healthy and happy environment these days is really tough unless of course you have mountains of money, its crap that you are finding it tough to get employment after doing the right thing staying home to raise your child......is there any way to make money through starting some sort of business or even home business ?

I am a single dad and have no support at all, my family live on the other side of the world and my sons mother cares more about getting wasted than being part of her kids life, he is turning 7 soon and when he turns 8 i will no longer receive any help from the government ....

Luckily i have had some quality time with him over the last couple of years and will get at least one more, after that though i will be working full time and he will be raised by the state and there is nothing i can do about it and it makes me angry.....

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Good for you. I wish I had someone like you in my life growing up.

I am sure it is hard, but you did the right thing and I have a deep respect for people that take on the challenge like your family did.

Modern feminists love to marginalize the stay at home Mom. It is the most important job on earth.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

It certainly is horrible to hear about the story of that lady regarding being understood as she cannot work, the very government is completely uncaring of human beings anymore.

For your situation, I can understand I have been beside many older people seeking work and knowing myself how it is for work being younger is difficult to find well it seems the more time passes the more difficult it gets.

The job market is absolutely insane in its workings.

Young, work for nothing. Have experience in a role no one wishes to let you into to gain, the experience for the job your seeking.

Slightly older, have you experience. Ok, then we want you to not ask for any form of raise because well if you do not have the qualifications then we wont pay you more. ( though some do this so they do not waste time on getting experience.)

Then older, well if you have not longevity then we do not believe in you nor do we wish to pay you when we can employ a young person that is dumb and ready to accept anything, but they do not have experience or qualifications yet.

Round in circles.....

I feel your annoyance at the system, if I ever get the chance to help people like yourself I will.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
You're not "worthless" but you're buying into the corrupt system and selling out your children without understanding, if you don't put them first. If you don't find ways to get around the obstacles to escaping, ie low cost small town rents or ownership or even a trailer or even some fifth wheels until a family business could get some land. Everyone putting their efforts in part time at a hot dog stand or making cement works or building twig furniture or developing solar panel kits. Two Rv's, move around on the out skirts and make things, sell them, buy some land that is being bid on.

So the true values are opposite to whatever is bullying stay home mother's today or depriving people of the services and help they need.

Do not give into the system.

Same scenario if you can get disability, same thing really. Teamwork. Don't teach kids to be selfish but have the goal of a joint property and then homes or land for all. Even alternative homes built on low cost land, and be a good example for others to escape the rat race, the corrupt slave system.

Anyone buying into it are the culprits, not those who get that this slavery is not appropriate, not good for the kids, and that they come first, whatever your health is.

And as for disabilities, all people have the right to live in a high civilized era, as that is actually our technology, and only work part time if they're healthy, we have venus project style tech now, or be equal and take equally from things produced in abundance on our own land if we're not healthy and that includes if we have other responsibilities such as shut in parents or kids to look after.

Anything other than that is crimes against all souls, slavery. And its time to wake up and start teaching your kids the real way the universe operates and what real integrity is.

This by the way, is outside the margins or lines in the political coloring book. Its Mom/Left/Compassion/Equality (and we are over 50% of the population so violating this is not democracy) and Dad/Right/Freedom/Invention/Architecture/Building. We have to step outside the ideologies and do the right thing, which is both Equality AND Freedom! Mom and Dad's energies BOTH respected and understood.
edit on 1-9-2016 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join