It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Band Aides and Snake Oil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Band Aides, Morphine, and Snake Oil

This world is a leper. Held together by bandages and surgical tape placed upon its festering wounds. To rip them off now would be to tear the rotting flesh away. Letting the wounds seep the foul creamy filth of the pus we've infected it with. There is no healing now...the disease of man has progressed too far, no cure for the afflicted.

Some say it is better to let the disease run its course, feeding the body a constant drip of morphine so the mind is numb to the pain that's being inflicted upon it. A kindness to be sure, but one that is done only when there is no hope for a cure.

You have to wonder if the constant daily distractions of our lives is not just that, morphine. A way to keep a mind from thinking, from contemplating how serious the disease has become..to keep us numb to the atrocities of mankind and the havoc we reek upon the world.

Bandages and morphine..what this world lives off of now. A dying patient that will soon fade from existence from a disease for which there is no known cure. How long can we keep it alive in its current condition? Keep it breathing...How long can we continue to patch up the wounds that will never heal?

Some still hold hope that there's a treatment. That somehow, someway, this world will be cured miraculously. Gathering around the traveling salesman's cart as he tells them how his snake oil has cured the affliction's of thousands, "Listen to me, I have what you need! I know how to cure the world! Rub this on your wounds twice a day to heal whatever it is that ails you." More false promises from a master of words and deception.

No matter , though, the masses still continue to buy from him every time he comes to town... filling his pocketbook with gold as he fills their heads with copper. But there is always hope that he has the answers they seek , that he is the savior they've been waiting for. Even though they know that there is no fix for what has consumed them, for what resides deep inside their hearts and minds..still, there's hope..isn't there?

Bandages, morphine, and snake oil..The modern day cure for all of life's maladies...

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

Blend, ouch. Awesome!

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Canned fruit.
It will cure what ails you.
I trust medical advice from Felix the Cat.

new topics

join