It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pt. 2, Confronted a childhood friend now homeless.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

I am starting to get burned out working 70 hours a week...

Been doing it for about 3 months.

All he has to do is wait around a corner market and someone will provide for him.

Hard to say who is the dummy here

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: nOraKat

I am starting to get burned out working 70 hours a week...

Been doing it for about 3 months.

All he has to do is wait around a corner market and someone will provide for him.

Hard to say who is the dummy here

I was wondering this....in your mind you are trying to help him in his mind you are offering something he is not interested in and therefor is no help...

I have known many people who work the hours you do for their whole lives, when they stop they drop dead.....

Either way it is great to see you have a kind heart and the capacity to try and help others.....

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I had a friend like yours. I say had as he just passed away. So, I feel for you. I get it.

Logically, the guilt of cutting him out of my life and therefore depriving him of someone who might be able to help makes sense as I had to save myself. Emotionally, I'll never get over the guilt of not trying enough even though there was nothing I could do.

I've been watching Rush's R40 show on dvd in honor of my friend as he loved music almost as much as I did. One song sums it up. Just these simple lyrics say it all about people like this, I think. Or I'm completely wrong.

"That's how it is, and how it ought to be".

He was lost to us a long time ago. Maybe some souls are just born to be lost. He wasn't a bad soul, just a lost one.
edit on 8/30/2016 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join