It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea claims it’s now able to nuke U.S. mainland

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousTi

Action will only ever be taken against another government if;

A) The elite are directly threatened

B) There is money to be made from it.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

So he gets one off and his country gets pounded to sand......

Why worry.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
TRY it then.
SHOOT at the UNITED STATES with a sub launched missile Norks.
The war will end in an hour,China won't like the contamination zone but OH WELL.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

That's interesting.

I was in the military for 20 years and our NBC (CBNR) mindset was always:

NEVER use biological (we study them for counter agents)
NEVER use chemical weapons FIRST (hit me hard enough and I'll hit you back)
NEVER use nuclear weapons except as a last resort (mutually assured destruction)

When did that change to any of the "big three" warrant a nuclear response?
edit on 28-8-2016 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

When nukes popped up in China ,the Norks and the middle east as a possibility.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aeshma

So he gets one off and his country gets pounded to sand......

Why worry.
would be shot down anyway we do have an ABM shield. And they haven't got enough to overwhelm the system. But they wouldn't like thr response.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
How is this even worthy of conversation ?....this is like school yard fights....mine is bigger than yours and i can prove it because you cant even see it because it is so big ....

How believable is this rubbish...seriously !....

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Tell that to Kimmy

North Korea is the loud mouth here. Every few months whenever they get a wild hair up their backside they spout off some threatening crap. Couple that with the fact they are armed to the teeth, occasionally take pot shots at their Southern neighbor and now have missiles and Nukes.

I take them seriously enough to keep one eye on them and one eye living my life.

Whenever a large menacing bumblebee comes close I don't intentionally swat at it but I am aware of it's potential actions towards me or loved ones and know what my reaction to it's attempted sting would be.

SPLAT> !

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Sure i can buy the analogy, however little kim is far less of a threat to the free world than the entity he is spouting off at ....... when was the last time Nth Korea had a shot at ruling the world over the last couple of hundred years or so ?

ETA ...pretty sure bumble bees do not have a stinger
edit on 28-8-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

A Bumble bee whether they have a stinger or not is a menacing looking entity, much like North Korea, which really isn't much of a threat to the whole of the 'Western World'. However, all it takes is one Nuke on one City anywhere in the West or among it's allies to be a major game changer.

Again, I reiterate, the vast majority of threatening rhetoric comes out of North Korea.

edit on 28-8-2016 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
There's got to be a translation mistake on this story. The sub launched missile made a 500km flight. HOw is that going to Reach the US main land from North K sea?

The only Reach this missile would have are targets along the SK coast line at best.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

Pretty sure that would be the last nuclear warhead he would ever fire.

No really. Obama/Hillary would simply lecture the surviving US population on how we should have treated NK better and this would not happened to us bad people. How if we were not racist against NK people they wont nuke us a second time.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
There's got to be a translation mistake on this story. The sub launched missile made a 500km flight. HOw is that going to Reach the US main land from North K sea?

The only Reach this missile would have are targets along the SK coast line at best.

Subs are mobile...

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

originally posted by: spy66

Subs are mobile...

Yes. Put a sail on the pariscope and it might Reach the US in 12 months if the Wind and current is right. Yes it could be done.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

As far as I know, that's been the "unstated" response.

If it's otherwise, do enlighten me. I hate being wrong...doesn't stop me from being wrong, but I hate it.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

If he sends a SUB and we miss it ...OH well China...(VERY farfetched)
edit on 28-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Sometimes you wonder if they might just... let it slip by.. I mean it does seem like the politicians don't care much about the America people. They knew about the pearl harbor attack before hand, but they let it happen. Could have a repeat scenario of that kind of deal.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

That dictator has gone nuts a long time ago.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   
The only thing i worry about is NK putting a nuke on something like a large fishing boat and painting an flagging it to look like another countries ship and going into some place like San Diego or San Francisco or another port and setting it off.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: jacob33

I AGREE.

the american dictators are nuts, nuts enough to believe that they are world police.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join