It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libertarian Candidate Gary Johnson Claims Government 'Science' Overrides Medical Freedom

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: neutronflux

Most drug companies take huge losses on vaccines as the majority of them are given away for free.

Next.

No money in vaccines?

USA TODAY used newly released data from Medicare to determine which drugs administered by medical professionals received the highest reimbursements. Payments for vaccines and injectable drugs accounted for more than $6 billion of the $77 billion paid to medical professionals in 2012.
[/quite]

Sounds like all the farmers in my area driving 50k or 60 pickups and Cadillacs. Everytime you ask how they are foing, "Yeap, just get'n by."

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
From www.globalresearch.ca...

Merck is the only pharmaceutical giant licensed to produce and sell the measles vaccine called Prodquad and theMMR II (also used for the measles, mumps and rubella) and Varivax, a vaccine for the chicken pox. According to Lam, all three vaccines combined amounted to more than $1.4 billion in sales profits for Merck in 2014.

Didn't see anything about the companies not making a profit from their vaccine sectors?
edit on 27-8-2016 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Scary.

I definitely don't support this.

So the Libertarian party has absolutely nothing to do with Libertarian ideals.

Fascinating...

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

a reply to: Aazadan

There a ton of good paying jobs created in Kansas regularly.

Especially in aviation and renewable energy.

Then why are they so far down the list in job creation? Is your explanation that Kansas is losing all of it's low paying service sector jobs and replacing them with good high paying ones?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Of course not.

But could you explain to me in detail how high tax rates creates jobs? How does taxing income create jobs?

How does increasing the size of government create jobs in the private sector?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Yes. "Science" should absolutely override "freedom" when you are talking about epidemics and pandemics that could spread like wildfire.

It is irresponsible and puts others' lives in danger -

but - to tell you the truth, I think those extremely contagious diseases (which are effectively "plagues") are nature's way of culling populations that need it.

Lol this logic is literally crazy. You want a multi-billion dollar corporation(s) to dictate what goes into your body? Any form of truth won't be getting in the way of the zeros they profit.

Besides, why do the vaccinated have to worry about catching something from the unvaccinated? Isn't that the whole point of vaccination?

Oh yea, it doesn't work like that. If you walk into a doctor's office, especially pediatric, you'll see nothing but fear posters scaring parents into shooting their kids up with corporate vaccines. Vaccines are the ONLY medicine that can be state enforced and endorsed. They're a businessman's wet dream. I trust no corporation that makes more zeros than I can count, and it's nuts to think a profit-driven industry is going to be truthful.

It's obvious vaccines do save live, but the money needs to be taken out of the Medical "Science" field.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

I don't see how another person, especially the government can mandate a medical treatment that carries risk. Each person should decide on the risks that they want to take.

This is nothing short of medical tyranny. It really does not make a difference as to what party you are voting for, they all carry the water for corporations. One has to decide which corporate mandate is the lesser evil when they cast a vote.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Who cares if a few children die when "so many" will be vaccinated!

Think of the children! (Just not the dead ones.)
edit on 27-8-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Our lord and masters ask for sacrifices, and when a parent sacrifices their child for the greater good, that child and the parents get crapped all over. Business as usual.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

The above poster brought up a good point about deaths caused by vaccinations.

www.nvic.org...

I wonder how many dead babies are acceptable in their drive to have government-mandated vaccines?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

a reply to: neutronflux

www.skepticalraptor.com...

Sorry, at least five companies profit 100's of millions if not over a billion in profits from their vaccine sectors. That's profit, not loss. Where do you think the money comes from for lobbyists.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I don't take vaccines anymore. I got type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 when I got the MMR along with a bunch of other shots. When I was 12 years old, I ended up in the hospital and almost died from reactions from the "booster shots rounds". It was a bunch of vaccines they gave me. It felt like someone punched my arm with about 200 psi worth of force afterwards. If someone could hit you that hard, it would break your arm. It also made my diabetes impossible to control for a length of time.

If they force vaccinations in the USA, I will be forced to move to a country where it is not forced, like Argentina, Brazil, etc., etc.. The proven efficiacy of vaccines is that on average, they don't work MOST of the time. The RNA in viruses mutates rapidly, and I think that vaccines would only serve to help the pathogens they are supposed to prevent become more virulent and pathogenic in general. If the USA is a free country, then the biggest thing that TPTB need to learn is this- IT IS MY F'ING body! I will do with it as I see fit. Otherwise, I'm gonna take me a permanent vacation to San Trupe!

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Yes. "Science" should absolutely override "freedom" when you are talking about epidemics and pandemics that could spread like wildfire.

It is irresponsible and puts others' lives in danger -

I agree but that's NOT a precedent you would want to set.
edit on 27-8-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Oh, well another political candidate fool that will never get to be anything else but a fool

Anything else?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Wow. The Libertarian candidate comes down on the side of established science and the so-called "Libertarians" excoriate him. I've tried explaining herd immunity to "vaxxers" before, but they insist that they have the right to let their house burn down rather than be forced to switch from straw thatching to a tile roof. Oh well.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Of course not.

But could you explain to me in detail how high tax rates creates jobs? How does taxing income create jobs?

How does increasing the size of government create jobs in the private sector?

Because taxing money doesn't remove it from the economy. The government is just another consumer, and it's a consumer with expensive tastes and deep pockets. Any tax money spent goes right back into the community in the form of contractors that get hired.

If you tax something, you're also spending. A job is created.

If you don't tax something, private citizens are spending. A job is created.

The only real difference is in volume. 200 short $5 jobs vs 1 long $1000 job.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Really, what about the money that goes to pay the interest on the 18 trillion in debt. Or the money that gets sinked into treating health wise and educating illegal aliens. You give Apple and Microsoft business, they generate wealth. Government only consumes wealth, hence a 18 trillion national debt.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

There area number of points to be made about Gary Johnson, but the most important one is that he is not in any way a serious alternative for capital "L" Libertarians in the USA. Obviously with Bill "Mena" Weld as his vice-presidential candidate, Johnson is simply a vehicle for establishment Republicans to siphon off votes from Trump.

I certainly expect to see more of the Republican establishment elite migrate to the Libertarian Party to take it over as their own house collapses. But serious libertarians will need to either double down on reclaiming their Party and kicking out the Republicans, or they will need to start an entirely new political party.

The final message is that Johnson has shown himself profoundly out of touch with what should have been his natural base. And by siding with Big Pharma albeit while at the same time mumbling the States Rights mantra, he shows himself as simply just another Republican.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Because taxing money doesn't remove it from the economy. The government is just another consumer, and it's a consumer with expensive tastes and deep pockets. Any tax money spent goes right back into the community in the form of contractors that get hired.

Such a rose-coloured view is very striking. It of course fails to account for all of the missing tax dollars that have vanished from the USA's Pentagon and State Department to name but two.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join