It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - 007 Moonraker; Dolly Has No Braces!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Attention.

Please stay on topic. The topic is in the OP of this thread.

The topic is NEVER about each other.

Posting about each other is considered Off Topic.

Those posts will be removed.

If those posts keep happening, post bans will be handed out.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Ok.
edit on 27-8-2016 by FlabberGhast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlabberGhast
a reply to: In4ormant

What do you feel you are accomplishing?

This thread has accomplished that the vast majority of posters is willing to post that they agree that something seems to have changed.

What do you feel you are accomplishing besides reaching troll status?

I'm trying to understand the point. What is the endgame besides finding other people that agree with you. What does it matter? What is the relevance?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
I'm trying to understand the point.

Is there a point to Mandela Effect proponents other than seeking confirmation bias? I have yet to see a plausible rationale put forth why all the alleged 'effects' are such irrelevant changes.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That's one of the surest signs that ME is the result of faulty or poorly encoded memory rather than any of the more interesting science-fiction hypothesis. Bits of trivia aren't particularly crucial to our day to day functioning and are highly subject to being recalled poorly.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Is there a point to Mandela Effect proponents other than seeking confirmation bias? I have yet to see a plausible rationale put forth why all the alleged 'effects' are such irrelevant changes.

It's the ability to be inside the conspiracy and not just reading about it that attracts people.

That level 40 dark elf wizard with frost weapon is no longer just on paper.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Since people like to study pics and imagine braces, here is the clearest shot of her mouth from the movie.

So where are these braces, or even a hint of braces?

Pure bs.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

Agreed. Let me know when this Mandela stuff has something consequential to say, like how the Allies lost World War II or something like that.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

It's the ability to be inside the conspiracy and not just reading about it that attracts people.

Which is what I believe it to be, you are part of a 'happening'.

'Cept this happening ain't happening.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Since people like to study pics and imagine braces, here is the clearest shot of her mouth from the movie.

So where are these braces, or even a hint of braces?

Pure bs.

Yep, there are clearly no braces in that shot. I don't think anyone will dispute you on that.

That is not one of the frames used to make the case.

Human perception and recall are funny things, in that sometimes we see what we think we should see and recall things imperfectly.
edit on 27-8-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Then what frame trumps this money shot and actually does show braces, when just watching the movie. I know, none.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It could have been that the specular reflection of light on her teeth were mistaken for the glint of light reflected from braces.

If you remember that she was wearing braces, which part of the metal was reflecting light? Was it the vertical bits or the horizontal bits? The memory is probably the vertical bits or the horizontal bits that weren't obscured by ghettos vertical bars.
The combination of low resolution for VHS video (512x480) combined with gamma correction and non-linear output of CAT'S could have magnified the contrast between the light reflected from teeth and the interior of her mouth.

I have my own Mandala effect with my parents garden. Before I left, I remember there was a hole on the edge of our patio used to be. There was also a bit of rusty sheet metal that was trapped by a bush. When I came back, both had gone and my parents disputed they had ever been there. I'm trying to dig out old digital photos which prove this.

edit on 27-8-2016 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

I loved this movie as a child and I specifically remember her having braces because I remember laughing historically the fact he had metal teeth and she had braces, which made them a match, so weird. What is going on on this world right now, ids it CERN is it something in our galaxy, is it the dramatic increase in Schumann Resonances ? Is this the results of being a hologram being projected off of an event horizon of a black hole?? Its creepy thats for sure. I remember MR Rogers saying " Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood " Not " It was a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Agreed. Let me know when this Mandela stuff has something consequential to say, like how the Allies lost World War II or something like that.

Because you have a made up rule that says the ME can only be a real thing if it involves changes in big world events? What do you base this notion on?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Then what frame trumps this money shot and actually does show braces, when just watching the movie. I know, none.

Given the links I provided earlier with the fine explanations given by the individual who uploaded them, and my own review of the images and agreement with his assertions, I can only assume there is something about your particular video configuration that is preventing you from seeing these effects.

That's okay. it's not a big deal.

Hopefully others are interesting in seeing for themselves.

Here's the link: dolly.barriereader.co.uk...

Please give it time to load.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I have yet to see a plausible rationale put forth why all the alleged 'effects' are such irrelevant changes.

They're either inconsequential small changes unless it's faulty memories of maps in which case entire continents have supposedly moved.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

What do you base this notion on?

Common sense.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I remember braces.

She was at first shy about smiling, then she smiled at him revealing she had braes, he "Jaws", then smiled back widely revealing his complete set of metal teeth.

I don't believe in the Mandela effect either.

edit on 27-8-2016 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel
They're either inconsequential small changes unless it's faulty memories of maps in which case entire continents have supposedly moved.

You're right. I forgot about the dumb-dumbs who think Australia/New Zealand moved.

Mandela Effect confirmed.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Because you have a made up rule that says the ME can only be a real thing if it involves changes in big world events? What do you base this notion on?

I believe the thinking here is that it wouldn't be uncommon for a number of people to misremember the name of a children's book, bit it would indeed by very strange for a number of people to forget who won the second world war, especially if they had all sorts of additional detail of what occurred in the alternate timeline, and ESPECIALLY if these stories were gathered by researchers in a way as to prevent cross contamination of stories.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join