It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - 007 Moonraker; Dolly Has No Braces!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

originally posted by: Greggers

The actress clearly remembers complaining about the braces. ......
dolly.barriereader.co.uk...

According to that page the actress says she never wore braces.

There is another article someone posted on this thread somewhere that claims the actress complained about the braces and so they decided to film without them.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I remember seeing this movie in the Theater in the USA three (3) times when it was released.

Two of the three times me and my friends watched thought "wasn't it cool that Jaws found him a girl with metal in her teeth".
And that was even part of the 'ending plot' that because they (Jaws & Dollie) were not perfect (like all the other Adam and Eve candidates), that's why Jaws helped Bond out in the end.

Whatever you want to call this... she did have braces on in the original theatrical US showing. You all can debate yourself till your blue in the face, but she had braces.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
She has braces in the OPs clip. Watch it again, maybe the timeline shifted back....

I'm kidding and that would've been wild. In all seriousness I've only seen Moonraker once as a kid, and I've questioned the Mandela Effect as BS... but I *know* that actress had braces. It was key to their relationship, and I thought she's a "metal mouth" too. I used to call my brother a metal mouth with his braces. No doubt in my mind, non-puposeful butterfly/Mandela effect happened on a small but discoverable instance.

Edit: For my own sanity, is there maybe another scene where she has braces? Or has someone re-watched the whole movie and there's no braces - at all.

Edit edit: Caught up on this thread - I believe as well theres a US regional-specific release of Moonraker where she had braces, but international and newer versions she did not. That's logical.

edit on 27-8-2016 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jason88

Edit: For my own sanity, is there maybe another scene where she has braces? Or has someone re-watched the whole movie and there's no braces - at all.

Edit edit: Caught up on this thread - I believe as well theres a US regional-specific release of Moonraker where she had braces, but international and newer versions she did not. That's logical.

Do an image search under "Dolly Jaws" and you'll see other photos from the movie where she doesn't have braces.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I grew ups watching 007, with Moonraker being one of my favorites. I distinctly remember her having braces. This can't be real.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It's very interesting to see a change of heart from many. It's all a little different when it's something you feel. All of the sudden the old explanations stop making as much sense. Welcome to your new reality.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 8/27/2016 by sputniksteve because: Double post

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
It's very interesting to see a change of heart from many. It's all a little different when it's something you feel. All of the sudden the old explanations stop making as much sense. Welcome to your new reality.

Unfortunately, that's true. People are easily swayed by what they feel, rather than what they can objectively know.

In this particular instance, however, I'm leaning toward her actually having braces in some of the scenes in the original theatrical release and possibly even in early television releases in the U.S. -- it would take digging to determine that, and sometimes it's not so straightforward a journey, even though it seems like it should be.

For example, does anyone here remember the old urban legend claiming someone on the old Newlywed Game responded to the question "What's the strangest place you've ever made whoopie," by declaring, "The butt!"

It turns out, it wasn't an urban legend. It actually happened. Bob Ubanks even claimed it was an urban legend and never happened, and no one was in a better position to know than he was.

Turns out, old Bob had simply forgotten, but the footage wasn't found until they were doing some sort of retrospective years later. If you had claimed to have seen that scene before that, you would have been told you had fallen victim to an urban legend.

These days we'd be calling it the Mandela Effect.

Despite the fallibility of human memory, sometimes our memories prove correct and history has simply forgotten what actually happened.

edit on 27-8-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
There is an evil entity on earth controlling everyone and can do all kind of effects.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: FlabberGhast

Fantastic post. I haven't seen the original but I can tell you from an outsider perspective the scene makes less sense without braces. The credit card commercial and all of your eyewitness testimony is very compelling.

An alternative theory, (one that has already been brought up) is that the OP trawled a movie inconsistency website for incidences that might resemble Mandela Effect (ME) evidence and posted it. I have had several instances of recalling events differently than the authoritative or documentary records, and upon seeing those; I often suspect the ME, now that I am aware of it.

I choose to believe the OP is a real truth seeker. We can't refute ME without proof of time travel, because the whole premise lies in modified history. So thanks OP. Plus I learned things.

One last note - this particular movie inconsistency has been noted since at least 2004. It is cited here on this random pop culture forum .

edit on 27-8-2016 by TheFatefulDay because: Added last point.

edit on 27-8-2016 by TheFatefulDay because: Link

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I can't believe that I'm jumping into this even more so, but with that said...

A very interesting article/blog/whatever was written on this subject. A number of close-up gifs were made and if you look carefully at these, you'll see what appears to be some photographic tampering. The question then comes up (from my conspiratorial mindset).... why is any of this even necessary?

Dollie's braces

Now look below at some zoomed in GIF-shots. To me it appears to be some tampering. But then I'm old school and I'm always looking for fakery of some sort (so this fits right into my genre of choice)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Wingz

To the point of fakery, maybe the studio airbrushed out the braces to internationalize the film? A member on an earlier page mentioned outside the US no one would know what braces were during the that time and with the VHS release. Keeping the braces on the actress may have confused larger audiences. Maybe...

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Thanks for posting those. I thought about doing it when I pasted the link earlier, but decided it was too much work. They don't exactly fit on the screen here, so I encourage people to actually visit that page and please give it time for the images to load completely so they fully animate.

Pay particular attention to the way her braces can be seen through the mug of beer.

Oh, and don't forget, you can click the images to zoom further in on them.

Also, notice how the white area on her teeth actually shifts around in the last animated gif. I'd say those braces have been edited out of the shot, either to correct an inconsistency or for some other reason.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

I'd always laugh at the Mandela Effect posts - they just seemed like obvious cases of false memory.

This one however has got me stumped! I remember this scene so well - the braces tied the love story together.

Idk maybe the Mandela Effect is some sort of symptom of time travel, you know going back and stepping on a beetle and the futures changed. Who knows?

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi

I'd always laugh at the Mandela Effect posts - they just seemed like obvious cases of false memory.

This one however has got me stumped! I remember this scene so well - the braces tied the love story together.

Idk maybe the Mandela Effect is some sort of symptom of time travel, you know going back and stepping on a beetle and the futures changed. Who knows?

I laugh at most of them. But there are a handful that I have not figured out.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I didnt know her name was Dolly and I dont remember her having braces .....

But out of interest, did the braces feature only in the same timeline as the Berenstein Bears one?

Meanwhile I am waiting for a timeline in which Simon Cowell was a road sweeper and Justin Bieber was never born
Surely there must be some alternate timelines in which something useful and interesting occurred differently?

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
I didnt know her name was Dolly and I dont remember her having braces .....

But out of interest, did the braces feature only in the same timeline as the Berenstein Bears one?

Meanwhile I am waiting for a timeline in which Simon Cowell was a road sweeper and Justin Bieber was never born
Surely there must be some alternate timelines in which something useful and interesting occurred differently?

I remember the Bernstein Bears and the Braces .

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

To the point of fakery, maybe the studio airbrushed out the braces to internationalize the film? A member on an earlier page mentioned outside the US no one would know what braces were during the that time and with the VHS release. Keeping the braces on the actress may have confused larger audiences. Maybe...

The only way to know for sure would be to round up the people responsible for the final edit on those films and try to piece together the history. This COULD be done, but I doubt anyone here has the time, resources, or inclination to make that happen.

I would say some industrious author could make a project of trying to piece together what actually happened here, but I doubt the book would sell if it debunked the exotic notion of "dimension shifting" in favor of something much more mundane, like the accidental destruction of archival film footage.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Not really.

I live in Australia, my brother and 1000s of others had "Braces" as you call them, in the 1960s. I had my set in 1970. Moonraker was made in 79.
"Braces" is a USA term, we called them Bands. Braces are what held up men's trousers, those elastic over the shoulder things.
Dolly is actually a French actress.
I dont care if she wore bands or not, I couldn't get my eyes of her "accoutrements".......

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

The only way to know for sure would be to round up the people responsible for the final edit on those films and try to piece together the history.

Except anyone with any internet savvy would avoid this topic like the plague. For one thing, who knows what harassment you could fall victim to these days for debunking a conspiracy theory.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join