It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - 007 Moonraker; Dolly Has No Braces!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

In my timeline you said something witty.
I'm out

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Just my small contribution.....

I clearly remember the first time I watched this film, and every time there after, thinking how it would have been better if she had braces...

So, no ME for me here,
edit on 27-8-2016 by HomeBrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
After digging a little it seems there were alternative versions, IMDB mentions an Italian TV version which was heavily edited, and also an ABC TV version. Like i said on page 7, there were probably different versions depending on what country you lived in at the time.

Release Dates:
UK: 26th June 1979 (PG)
USA: 29th June 1979 (PG)
World Premiere: 26th June 1979 (Odeon Leicester Square, UK)
UK TV Premiere: 27th December 1982, ITV
US TV Premiere: 22nd November 1981, ABC

There are 2 VHS versions from 1988 and 1995, but these seem to just have different covers and end credits. Then there is dvd and blu-ray.

If anything is to be found i would say it will be on a cinema version from 1979.

But like with the cut Italian version, if you said you saw a bit in the UK version, but an Italian said it wasnt in the film, you would have to prove it was in the film. I believe she was wearing braces but without 1 single clear, untouched photo or clip to prove it, i now have to try and convince myself she wasnt and that will be a challenge from very hard to impossible to do. Ooooohh my head hurts

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Why does almost every ME example revolve around some pop culture reference from many years ago?

If this is real, why doesn't anyone (for example) ever come home to find out his address has changed or his house is a different color or he has a different wife?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel
Why does almost every ME example revolve around some pop culture reference from many years ago?

If this is real, why doesn't anyone (for example) ever come home to find out his address has changed or his house is a different color or he has a different wife?

No one listened when they did

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: galaga
Now I'm a pretty smart dude.

In light of your subscribing to this nonsense, your boast is unsurprising.

The problem with this so-called Mandela Effect is the lack of empiricism. Without proof, it's all baseless assertion--not that that gets in the way for the true believer.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
Its funny, even the hardcore skeptics have to budge on this one.

Except now the explanation is our brains magically created the braces because we all believe she should have had them.....oooooook
lol

Plus, the television commercial (which there is no question a lot of members of that generation would have seen far more often than they EVER would have seen the movie), plus the video encoding artifacts (which make me wonder if the original theatrical edit of the film did have braces in some of those scenes), plus just about any other reason you can think of that actually involves things that are proven to exist in the real, physical, empirical world.

edit on 27-8-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TramperoJuan

originally posted by: galaga
Now I'm a pretty smart dude.

In light of your subscribing to this nonsense, your boast is unsurprising.

The problem with this so-called Mandela Effect is the lack of empiricism. Without proof, it's all baseless assertion--not that that gets in the way for the true believer.

It's not just the lack of proof, it's the complete lack of falsifiability, which means it has much more in common with religion than it does with quantum physics.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Agreed that this is strange.

This and the spelling of DilemNa changing to dilemma

Me!

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

Bingo.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moohide
After digging a little it seems there were alternative versions, IMDB mentions an Italian TV version which was heavily edited, and also an ABC TV version. Like i said on page 7, there were probably different versions depending on what country you lived in at the time.

Release Dates:
UK: 26th June 1979 (PG)
USA: 29th June 1979 (PG)
World Premiere: 26th June 1979 (Odeon Leicester Square, UK)
UK TV Premiere: 27th December 1982, ITV
US TV Premiere: 22nd November 1981, ABC

There are 2 VHS versions from 1988 and 1995, but these seem to just have different covers and end credits. Then there is dvd and blu-ray.

If anything is to be found i would say it will be on a cinema version from 1979.

But like with the cut Italian version, if you said you saw a bit in the UK version, but an Italian said it wasnt in the film, you would have to prove it was in the film. I believe she was wearing braces but without 1 single clear, untouched photo or clip to prove it, i now have to try and convince myself she wasnt and that will be a challenge from very hard to impossible to do. Ooooohh my head hurts

No one has responded to this, but I wanted to because I believe you are onto something. Just like with the Queen misrememberance of "We are the Champions" being the possible result of a shorter "radio edit" of the song that would not have been commercially available to individuals, I wonder if the original 1979 theatrical cut (and possibly even some of the earlier television versions) had braces in some of those scenes.

The actress clearly remembers complaining about the braces. If she complained about them, that means she wore them. What if she wore them in only a few scenes, and after complaining the director decided to re-film those particular scenes without them. But what if the only usable scenes that conveyed what the director wanted were the ones she filmed with the braces on? In that case, we would have a situation that perfectly explains the strange metallic flashes clearly seen in her mouth during the beer-drinking scene at this link:

dolly.barriereader.co.uk...

P.S.

Give the page time to load. It takes a bit.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlabberGhast
a reply to: UnBreakable

Dolly never had braces. The reason Jaws liked her was because she wasn't put off by his appearance, because of her poor vision.

Her glasses are useless? Why is she wearing glasses if she still can't see with them.

I guess the same reason Stevie Wonder wears glasses.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: FlabberGhast

the mandela effect is nonsense......... but i thought she had braces too. maybe she should have had braces, cause it would have made more sense if u like,,..

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I hate to tell you this, but here it is: James Bond films are not aimed at an only American Audience. They are global world-wide release films, and have been since their first creation. Outside of the USA, no one had "Dental Braces". The second and third world was still working on food and shoes. "Dental Braces" were even unheard of in the Soviet and Eastern Block. If someone were shown with "Dental Braces" in a film, the audience would have been baffled and confused, as they had never seen them before and would not understand the inference. Today, we have Region specific DVD's that have different codecs to preserve the revenue of the local distribution monopoly franchises. Back then, they had region specific film reels in a similar way, and also to maximize revenue. The no-brace versions and stills you are seeing are the OFF-USA versions, or either digitally edited(takes 5 minutes). This is less the "Mandela Effect", and more the "Western Cultural Myopia Effect".

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
she didn't have braces. unbreakable correctly pointed out that she was as blind as a bat. watched it in the cinema

when it came out. someone has way to much time on their hands.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FlabberGhast

According to this article the character " Dolly " had braces.

Dolly Played by: Blanche Ravalec Description: In perhaps the strangest love affair in the series, Jaws meets Dolly in Rio after his failed attempt on Bond and Goodhead's lives. The complete opposite of Jaws, Dolly is a short blond girl with pigtails, glasses and braces. It is her influence that leads Jaws to the side of good and she also hears the one line Jaws says in his two movies, "Well, here's to us.

www.universalexports.net...

Can't see braces in this pic.

edit on 27-8-2016 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

The actress clearly remembers complaining about the braces. ......
dolly.barriereader.co.uk...

According to that page the actress says she never wore braces.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

This "article" is a fan sight. Not any real journalistic integrity there IMO. Besides, this was posted numerous times already in this thread, and, the statement differs from the photo posted alongside it....so, that should give you a clue as to the accuracy of the "article".

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Someone photo-shopped the braces out, plain and simple.

I'll have to watch the movie again now to see.
edit on 27-8-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join