It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Impeached Bill Clinton Legally Live In The White House Again?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
This is just like His wife's deal.. All smoke, nothing but smoke.

The long list of folks that are now 'decedents' after having dealings with The Clinton Cabal. That guy didn't commit suicide by shooting the back of His head twice, Nope- They ALL died from "Smoke Inhalation"

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
No President has ever been impeached. That would remove them from office. Two have been by the House and acquitted by the Senate. To be successfully impeached it must be by both houses of Congress. And most people Like Trump think it was just political nonsense anyway.

“I think Bill Clinton is terrific,” “I think he’s done an amazing job. I think he’s probably got the toughest skin I’ve ever seen, and I think he’s a terrific guy. I just have to view the economy and the country. I think Bill Clinton has done a terrific job. I don’t think he’s been treated very fairly, but I think he’s done a terrific job.” - Donald Trump

LMAO! That clip is literally the perfect response to this impeachment "scandal". 20 seconds of Trump defending Bill against the impeachment procedure and criticizing Bush for his Iraq War.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: carewemust

he was later acquitted of the charges, he's definitely not a "felon"

He was disbarred however.

Not that anyone cares.

Moving the goalposts, are we?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

The problem of this thread is simply that the phrase "being impeached" has got two different meanings. It means the trial process, and it means the conviction.
The OP has obviously been told that Clinton "was impeached" in the first sense, and is not clear about the difference between the two senses.

I always thought impeachment was the process of being tried, whether guilty or not.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Clinton wasn't convicted, he's not a felon.

/thread

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope
Fair comment, but all those in this thread who deny that Clinton was "impeached" are obviously understanding the phrase as "successfully impeached", the second sense I suggested. The OP evidently understands it the same way. Hence the verbal confusion.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Fair comment, but all those in this thread who deny that Clinton was "impeached" are obviously understanding the phrase as "successfully impeached", the second sense I suggested. The OP evidently understands it the same way. Hence the verbal confusion.

And this is the "Mandela Effect' defined...

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
How is this even an argument?

Yes, Bill Clinton was "impeached"...which means he was successfully ACCUSED by congress of committing a "crime".

No, Bill Clinton wasn't convicted of anything and thus deemed to have done nothing wrong.

Really should be the end of the thread.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Well, yes, the Clintons are "special" that way as we can see from Hillary's current campaing and everything behind it.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

One thing is for certain, if they get in, the Fat Cat Hotel is open for business. The Clintons will be having sleep-overs in the Lincoln bedroom with big donors once again, in order to get funds for re-election. That was the charge, at least.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Really interesting question. I would like to think not. I don't even think our Founding Fathers would have found it acceptable for a spouse to be President. Not so much for what it says about equality of the sexes but for what it says about dynasties.
Hell, I had regret just voting for Bush 2.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JetBlackStare

Given that women of that day did not vote even, it's hard to guess at what the Founders would have thought of it. However, we can guess at their attitudes on familial presidencies given the relationship of John Adams to John Quincy Adams.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

originally posted by: carewemust
August 26, 2016

It occurred to me that as a convicted/impeached former President of the United States, Bill Clinton might not be able to reside in the White House. Maybe U.S. law doesn't even allow him to be "First Gentleman"?

I was reading over this www.2016election.com... article today, which brings up the question, "Can a convicted Felon LIVE at the White House?" Until President Obama relaxed the rules in 2015, convicted Felons couldn't even VISIT the White House.

Bill Clinton says he will move into the White House with Hillary, "if she asks me to".

Source: www.washingtonpost.com...

My question is, IS IT LEGAL FOR HIM TO LIVE at 1600 Pennsylvania avenue, considering his criminal record?

-cwm

Yes, he was an above said he was ACQUITTED! Deep!

Do any of the people who support The Donald have common sense?

OK.. So after Hillary get's indicted and convicted on (at least) PERJURY charges, just like Bill, will either one of them be able to stay in the White House? My common sense can't grasp the complexity that goes with a CRIMINAL FAMILY (God forbid!) moving into the White House.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

True but wasn't one a Federalist and the other for state's rights? Not as much of a red flag as two raging, for-profit, criminal SJWs. Still though, good point.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: FamCore

he was later acquitted of the charges, he's definitely not a "felon"

He was disbarred however.

Not that anyone cares.

Moving the goalposts, are we?

I said nobody would care.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I'm just pointing out that the original "goalpost" was whether being impeached allows Bill to legally live in the White House or not. Now that that's decided, the new "goalpost" is that he was disbarred as a lawyer, as if that may disqualify him from legally living in the White House. Hence, the "moving the goalpost" response.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Yes he can. He was acquitted...that means he was found NOT GUILTY. Free pass....open door.

Do the research before posting....!

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Clinton's do what they want. Laws... LOL.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Common sense is so rare these days, it could be considered a super power.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

He was impeached by the House of Representatives, never convicted in the Senate. Non starter thread. He reamined through his second term of the presidency.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join