It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Impeached Bill Clinton Legally Live In The White House Again?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrThortan
Facts are such fickle things...

Facts are immutable, the interpretation of those facts is what is fickle. As when Billy boy said he didn't have sex with that woman.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
August 26, 2016

It occurred to me that as a convicted/impeached former President of the United States,

...convicted....

I am growing sick of these Mandela effect threads

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

August 26, 2016

It occurred to me that as a convicted/impeached former President of the United States,

...convicted....

I swear I was going to say the same thing, but Mandela Effect comments in non ME threads kind of get deleted in my experience!

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: SaturnFX

August 26, 2016

...convicted....

I swear I was going to say the same thing, but Mandela Effect comments in non ME threads kind of get deleted in my experience!

I remember them not being deleted.
....-twilight zone theme

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
He was acquitted. He continued to live there for almost two years after the trial ended in Feb 1999 until the end of his term in Jan 2001.
Of course he can live there.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

PS he doesn't have a criminal record. Acquitted means found not guilty.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Criminal sex offender? Are you nuts? Please don't say you think the impeachment was for sexual conduct...

Maybe this is just a young crowd and they don't remember. Idk

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
No President has ever been impeached. That would remove them from office. Two have been by the House and acquitted by the Senate. To be successfully impeached it must be by both houses of Congress. And most people Like Trump think it was just political nonsense anyway.

“I think Bill Clinton is terrific,” “I think he’s done an amazing job. I think he’s probably got the toughest skin I’ve ever seen, and I think he’s a terrific guy. I just have to view the economy and the country. I think Bill Clinton has done a terrific job. I don’t think he’s been treated very fairly, but I think he’s done a terrific job.” - Donald Trump

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

August 26, 2016

It occurred to me that as a convicted/impeached former President of the United States, Bill Clinton might not be able to reside in the White House. Maybe U.S. law doesn't even allow him to be "First Gentleman"?

I was reading over this www.2016election.com... article today, which brings up the question, "Can a convicted Felon LIVE at the White House?" Until President Obama relaxed the rules in 2015, convicted Felons couldn't even VISIT the White House.

Bill Clinton says he will move into the White House with Hillary, "if she asks me to".

Source: www.washingtonpost.com...

My question is, IS IT LEGAL FOR HIM TO LIVE at 1600 Pennsylvania avenue, considering his criminal record?

-cwm

Well since he never was empeached i'd say yes he can.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

The trumpeters will just ignore that though!

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
No President has ever been impeached.

The problem of this thread is simply that the phrase "being impeached" has got two different meanings. It means the trial process, and it means the conviction.
The OP has obviously been told that Clinton "was impeached" in the first sense, and is not clear about the difference between the two senses.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Enough sense to see the mile high pile of corruption that is the Clintons. Can you not see the corruption that seeps from their every move? How could you get a worse candidate? You can't, that is why I am voting for this moronic celebrity chimp that is Trump.
have a couple of those, for some reason liberals here think they are impactful
bwah have at you
edit on 26-8-2016 by seventhinline because: spellin stufs rong

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Yes, he was an above said he was ACQUITTED! Deep!
Do any of the people who support The Donald have common sense?

no.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

“I think Bill Clinton is terrific,” “I think he’s done an amazing job. I think he’s probably got the toughest skin I’ve ever seen, and I think he’s a terrific guy. I just have to view the economy and the country. I think Bill Clinton has done a terrific job. I don’t think he’s been treated very fairly, but I think he’s done a terrific job.” - Donald Trump

Screw Trump, he doesn't know what he is talking about...I am voting Clinton now. jk in any case I would be more scared of Hillary in the white house without Bill.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

he was later acquitted of the charges, he's definitely not a "felon"

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

he was later acquitted of the charges, he's definitely not a "felon"

He was disbarred however.

Not that anyone cares.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I don't think Clinton was formally impeached or he would have been kicked out of office. He underwent impeachment proceedings, but the Senate refused to convict even though the House recommended it. He was also disbarred.

However, should Hillary be elected, Bill would have no official role in the government because he is not any kind of official in it. He is only a spouse. Technically, Hillary saying that she would hand the economy over to him to run should turn a lot of people off because Bill has no legal role + he was tried for impeachment + he was disbarred.

This idea of him running the economy is simply trying to glom on to his glory which was largely created by the .com boom which also went bust very quickly.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Well I care. But the "system" doesn't, and whoever they want to be "elected" will be.

The former Attorney General for Pennsylvania was also disbarred (while still in the position of Attorney General, and the AG is required by the Constitution of Pennsylvania to have a license to practice law, BUT the PA Supreme Court STILL said it's okay for her to remain AG - this was in 2014)

Recently she got in trouble for more corruption charges and resigned earlier this month. But it just goes to show how the "justice system" will slap these crooked politicians on the wrist and "punish them" for show, but in reality it's not even hurting them. Luckily kathleen kane has resigned and has been disgraced, but unfortunately the Clintons are on another level (Bill Clinton endorsed Kathleen Kane when she was running for AG as well, wouldn't you know it!)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
/sigh

His Arkansas license to practice law was suspended in 2000.

He was "disbarred" from arguing before the Supreme Court by decree in October 2001.

The Supreme Court followed its standard rules in the Clinton case, which include suspending Clinton from practice in the court and giving him 40 day to show why he should not be permanently disbarred.

Again, don't let the facts trouble anyone.

NYT - October 2001

edit on 26-8-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Linky

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

However, should Hillary be elected, Bill would have no official role in the government because he is not any kind of official in it.

Interesting tidbit, but I think Hilary Clinton granted some leeway in official duty when she headed the "Task Force on National Health Care Reform" for Hilarycare. The task force included the Secretaries of Health and Human Services, Treasury, Defense, Veterans Affairs, Commerce, and Labor, as well as the director of the Office of Management and Budget, and senior White House staff members.

I believe it was unprecedented at the time for a First Lady. There was litigation against it, but in the end Hilary won:

We see no reason why a President could not use his or her spouse to carry out a task that the President might delegate to one of his White House aides. It is reasonable, therefore, to construe section 105(e) as treating the presidential spouse as a de facto officer or employee.

Source

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join