It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The irony of the Mandela Effect

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Honestly I don't even bother trying to understand people that want to believe in the ME..

Eventually, with enough repetition, average peoples memory of Nelson Mandella (who's that?) will be replaced by, "Oh ya, some time shifting effect".

Pure and simple.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The thing about the ME bandwagon is that it doesn't make any sense. I hate to say this but the whole Titor story makes better sense. Look if the ME is from a disruption in the Time/Space then the questions shouldn't only be what has changed, but also how does it affect everything else.

I person looks different, a planets size has changed, a picture on a box has been altered. Mandela dying in jail only to be revealed as still alive, now that altered some stuff and if you so chose would be easier to explain by saying time travelers were involved, or was a propaganda attempt by the government to kill his support. instead everybody and their goats are claiming that we somehow are shifted in space/time with no proof or reasons. So now we're left with is the ME possible? No, no it isn't because it makes no sense scientifically, nor philosophically.

If the ME was due to time travelers messing with the time line, then go back and explain the affects of the effects.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If you're looking at Sofia Vergara and the first thing you notice is her chompers you have larger problems in life than the retarded Mandela Effect.

As large as her other asets are - those teeth look menacing!

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I think you're trying too hard to find a meaning to my OP that isn't there.

Well you're posting history is sorta proof of your motives - hahahahaha

NEXT?

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Yeah, because all straight guys are looking at her "teeth" lol.

So 'you're saying that all straight guys are as shallow as you and only look at her "assets" LOL
Are you playing the "homo/straight" card? LOL

Terry the Great, ME debunker, straight man, never looks at a womans mouth, never looks above the shoulder, or make eye contact (too close to the teeth)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well, if you have a lisp and say the word 'teeth' it sounds like what you should be ogling.

Gawd thats funny, for once we see eye 2 eye, (not the eye in the pyramid)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

you cant be serious - that looks like something from a Zombie Apocalypse

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

rewrite of Nelson Mandellas contribution to the world. Being black and all, its a racist thing, probably.

So you're playing the "black card"
How about educating yourself - its free

www.thenewamerican.com...

Much of the world — especially government leaders, dictators, the press, and South Africans — has been too busy mourning his passing to take notice of the explosive revelations. However, the now-irrefutable fact that Mandela played a key role in the ruthless international communist movement should not be forgotten amid the praise. It has now been officially admitted, and despite the lack of attention, remains crucial to understanding Mandela and his real legacy.

Conservative estimates suggest that in the last century alone, communist regimes — virtually all of which backed Mandela with troops, funding, and more — have been responsible for at least 100 million murders. The numbers are probably much higher.

Mandela’s own admitted terror campaign, including the infamous 1983 Church Street bombing, which killed 19 and wounded over 200, claimed many lives, too. He pled guilty to over 150 acts of public violence. In the statement released on December 6 and published by assorted Marxist outfits, the South African Communist Party, or SACP, helped shed light on all of it.

“At his arrest in August 1962, Nelson Mandela was not only a member of the then underground South African Communist Party, but was also a member of our Party’s Central Committee,” the SACP said in the statement, illustrating once again the enormity of the long and successful track-record of communist deception.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Well done at assuming things about me and putting words in my mouth.

No wonder so many ME threads have posts removed. None of the believers can say anything without the need to be insulting.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

So you're playing the "black card"
How about educating yourself - its free

So now you're playing the "cold war commie card" How about waking up - its best.

I'm not the one playing race cards , the people that made up the Mandella effect are. Was the hell else would it be about... ?

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
Someone will post "proof" or "evidence" and then say "see?" while constantly saying that "proof" and "evidence" "can't be found in this timeline".

You then have the agree'rs and disagree'rs.

The disagree'rs offer evidence of the most likely cause (memory, misinterpretations, pop culture and whatever else).

The agree'rs then say "you're wrong!"

And THAT is where the irony is. I find it highly amusing that the people who suffer from this "effect" can't possibly be wrong, but the ones who don't, are wrong.

Disclaimer: I was going to post this in the jokes forum, but thought it would get moved here.

Great OP! I was actually thinking along the same lines as I've noticed that when the skeptics provide evidence to give a sensible explanation, we are always told we don't understand ME and there's no proof.

But when believers post something it's considered 'residual evidence' so it's real.
I'd love to know the criteria they use to decide which is real evidence (residual) or which is only from 'this timeline'.

I think it's all about feeling special and being part of a 'special group' of people who are 'awake and chosen' (as stated so by many believers on this site).

originally posted by: DBCowboy
In my timeline it's called "The Menudo Effect" and we all talk like a latino boy band.

LOL Menudo!! I find it hilarious that somebody on this forum knows them!
I would rather have a Menudo effect, at least they were hot! (or so I thought when I was young, lol).

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

a reply to: TerryDon79 "I think you're trying too hard to find a meaning to my OP that isn't there."
"Well you're posting history is sorta proof of your motives - hahahahaha NEXT?"

Thats insulting?

You should apply the same standard to your own posts? Like I have previously suggested to you and others - your posting history speaks for itself

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I'm not the one playing race cards , the people that made up the Mandella effect are. Was the hell else would it be about... ?

So what do these words of yours mean?

originally posted by: TerryDon79 You forgot the part of the psyop that includes selling books, cups, tshirts and whatever else. That means that people are LITERALLY buying into it. Do these people burn gasoline soaked crosses, too?

a reply to: TerryDon79 Point being, the Mandella effect is a rewrite of Nelson Mandellas contribution to the world. Being black and all, its a racist thing, probably.

You're starting to sound like those who attack people who question the number of Jews killed by Hitler -
sounds like your inventing a new meme "Reductio ad Mandellarum"
Youre the one introducing "its all about race"

Did you even bother to look at the link?

I am awake - whats your excuse when your own words convict you?

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

a reply to: TerryDon79 "I think you're trying too hard to find a meaning to my OP that isn't there."
"Well you're posting history is sorta proof of your motives - hahahahaha NEXT?"

Thats insulting?

You should apply the same standard to your own posts? Like I have previously suggested to you and others - your posting history speaks for itself

How about this?

Stop obsessing with my post history (it's coming off as kind of stalkerish) and focus on the topic.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Maybe we should start our own meme to counter the ME threads? Something like...

"I see special people"

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Kind of mixed up my replies with TerryDon, there.

You didn't answer my question. What is the Mandella effect about?

It ain't real so come up with why its being promoted. Something more than just views, or t-shirts.

Edit: By the way, the official narrative of WWII is mostly BS, too. So you know where I stand.
edit on 28-8-2016 by intrptr because: Edit:

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join