It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump or President Clinton, that's your choice!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

With no viable 3rd party candidate, NOT voting is the only way people can let it be known their utter disgust with both parties and both parties supporters! If enough people DON"T vote, or if they vote for a 3rd party candidate, they operate to deny the "winner" of a meaningful mandate.

Actually, probably voting for the Libertarian candidate is the ABSOLUTE BEST WAY of protesting this crap election and the wretched lying crooks involved in it.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I understand the logic, while I disagree. I don't fall into the "lesser of two evils" premise. I'm voting for the greater of two goods.

With that said, it's going to be President Trump or President Clinton, as long as you don't delude yourself, you feel free and attempt to make your statement.
edit on 8/26/2016 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

There is a viable 3rd party candidate. Johnson is set to be in the best position since Perot was on the debate stage. More importantly he is on the ballots in all 50 states and has a very good chance of getting the 5% of the vote needed to ensure that the Libertarian Party is on equal footing in future elections.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
For clarification OP. . .

There is only the illusion of two choices and that is what is set by the media. By following along you are simply giving more power to them and the status quo. As I stated before, enough votes for a third party (whomever that may be) is giving more power back to the people be enabling a third party to loosen the strangle hold of the status quo.

As for votes not meaning anything, in a way you are right unless you live in a swing state. We all know that red states are going to vote rep and blue states are going to vote dem. Therefore, if you vote dem or 3rd in a red state you might as well be throwing your vote away in your opinion.

So under this system, if you really want to make a difference . . . if you are a republican in a blue state, or a democrat in a red state, then vote third party so as to expand your choices in the future.

Play the long game instead of being content with 'the two evils'.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I agree with Dennis Hopper.. While "THEY" are sheparding Us into the FEMA™ buses right after "THEY" check our teeth for gold, I can at least tell My fellow poor bastards that "I voted for Stein" This will also make Me look good to the Ladies on the bus headed to TheCamp aka Shangri-La...

Imagine if there were a candidate this time named 'Frank Urban' Imagine all the votes He'd get from the fed-up erectorate who will be writing 'F.U.' on this years vintage...

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Reminds of an old joke back in the day. The guy has to choose between two evils after the tribe rapes and mangles his three buddies they were captured by on a safari hunting trip.

He chooses Bolo.

The tribe then says fine death by bolo.

My order right now is Trump, Stein, Sanders, Johnson, Clinton

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

You kno the minute a viable third party came up, the response would be "Its all part of TPTB's plan! Don't fall for it! Go fourth party!"

That's part of my issue with all this stuff... Some people see a conspiracy in everything.

It was SUPPOSED TO be BUSH V CLINTON, a year ago everyone "knew" that because TPTB had decided it already, than Trump won. Did everyone rally around Trump? Nope, it was changed to "ah ha! They wanted Trump all along!" Or my personal favorite "Trump wants Clinton elected!."

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I didn't use to think that there would be a difference between the two.

But the recent hatred for anyone not-Hillary makes it appear as if there would be a "brown shirt" push after the election against anyone who doesn't ideologically embrace Hillary.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

That's such a cowardly response, that's like the guy who knows its gonna be a rough day at work so calls out sick and goes "well I wasn't there, it wasn't MY fault."

It wasn't. You compare the act of voting to actual employment. You have zero say what your owners (politicians) tell you to do. Or somehow by voting affect anything they are doing.

But I'm game, do convince me how different it is after every election, any election.

Learn something, if you dare...

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I'm a big fan of George Carlin, unfortunately I don't base my political opinions on comedians, however hilarious they may be.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Politics is what they hide lies and manipulation behind. Comedy is satire, exposé.

Because comedy is a joke and politics is... 'real'(?)

You should listen to Sir George, he nails the bull s*** to the wall everytime.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Grow a pair boy...those are not choices those are the worst of two evils. Damned if you do and damed it you don't...it will be miracle if we survive this as a nation.
Cheers

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
it made another part of my anatomy get stoopit. And I'll shut up now. LOL

<< 1   >>

join