It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump or President Clinton, that's your choice!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Look I don't care if you don't like Clinton or Trump, but stop pretending your third party has a chance please. Stop making a call to arms on ATS of all places thinking it'll make a difference.

We are going to have President Clinton or President Trump. That's your choice! Put on your big boy or girl underwear, look at their actual policies and not the idiotic mainstream nonsense and make a DECISION!

NEITHER is going to "destroy America" BOTH will make "ok" presidents. So just look at the actual policy differences and enough with these idiotic talking points!
edit on 8/26/2016 by PsychoEmperor because: Fix typos

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Theres a third choice, imo.

Don't vote.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Don't vote.

Than that's a vote for one or the other, the point is you have two choices for President. That's it.

There is no "President Didn't Vote."
edit on 8/26/2016 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

Don't vote.

Than that's a vote for one or the other, the point is you have two choices for President. That's it.

Yah there is, leave that part blank.

If you vote you support the status quo. Endless war, debt, police state, etc.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor
Your title makes my butt hurt.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Don't vote.

Yah there is, leave that part blank.

You're Free to run yourself or support your own candidate to take up the mantle of one day being one of the two, or even starting a revolution or moving to another country that fits your ideals.

If you believe what you typed than you are simply being a passive supporter of the "status qou."

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Don't vote.

I'm so tired of being told my refusal to vote is a vote for one of the candidate's (usually whoever the accuser isn't a fan of).

Explain how not voting can count as a vote. Try it.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Excallibacca

Don't vote.

I'm so tired of being told my refusal to vote is a vote for one of the candidate's (usually whoever the accuser isn't a fan of).

Explain how not voting can count as a vote. Try it.

Because the amount of people who "don't vote" is enough to tip the scales for one side or the other or even support ANY third party candidate to national stature and perhaps TRULY have a three way race.

Not voting is passive support of the "status qou"

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Don't vote.

You're Free to run yourself or support your own candidate to take up the mantle of one day being one of the two, or even started a revolution or moving to another country that fits your ideals.

If you believe what you typed than you are simply being a passive supporter of the "status qou."

Its spelled Status Quo. If everyone unchained themselves from their seat in Plato's cave, the illusionists would lose their control.

If they gave a war and nobody came,

if they paid no tax,

and lost interest in the ponzi game,

If they turned off the TV and didn't go insane.

Then things would change, quickly.

If you believe marking little boxes with little xs gives you the illusion of choice, then thats how they control your brain.

Nothing will change... and thats the meaning of status quo.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

93 million people didn't vote in 2012.

That was more people than people that did vote for the candidate that "won."

In a true democracy, the 93 million non-voters would surpass any other demograph and we should have had no president.

He however live in a plutocracy with elements of oligarchal familial ties, so your entire thread is skewed, OP.

By the way, not voting or voting for a third/fourth/fifth party is doing just that - not anything else.

How voting for Jill Stein equates to supporting Hillary Clinton is beyond me. Only those who are diehard fangirls of the partisan-paradigm and who are so helplessly dependent on the red/blue dichotomy continue to perpetuate such non-sense as this.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Don't vote.

Exactly.
If it's true that there are only these two terrible choices to choose from, then what's the harm in just sleeping in that day?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

Don't vote.

Exactly.
If it's true that there are only these two terrible choices to choose from, then what's the harm in just sleeping in that day?

None. And can't be blamed for whatever the politicians do, cause I didn't vote for them.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

There isn't going to be a President Stein.

There is only going to be a President Trump or a President Clinton. If people choose to not vote or go third party, that's there choice as free Americans, let's just not fool ourselves in thinking anyone else is going to be elected President, this time around.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

You still didn't explain how that works. Not eating dinner isn't passive support of McDonald's. Not eating dinner isn't eating lunch or breakfast.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

Don't vote.

Exactly.

None. And can't be blamed for whatever the politicians do, cause I didn't vote for them.

That's such a cowardly response, that's like the guy who knows its gonna be a rough day at work so calls out sick and goes "well I wasn't there, it wasn't MY fault."

Or who doesn't go to the doctor because he doesn't want to hear if he's got cancer.

Burying your head in the sand is fine, just don't try to fool anyone in thinking you are somehow doing a good thing.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

You still didn't explain how that works. Not eating dinner isn't passive support of McDonald's. Not eating dinner isn't eating lunch or breakfast.

A correct premise would be if your family is choosing McDonald's or Burger King for dinner, and you hate fast food so don't participate, but like it or not, you ARE going to eat Burger King or McDonald's. You might not like the choices but there they are.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

If you really do not care for either one and consider them both equally bad in their own ways, and if what you claim to be true is in fact true- that there are only two choices, then not voting would become a logical choice.

However, why one should vote third party:
Voting third party this time around would be voting for the future of either a Green Party or a Libertarian Party.

If you actually believe in our system of government then you should actually believe that a third party will bring change.

However, I don't have any faith in our system and I think it has become thoroughly corrupted.

So, I think I will stick to the inner me and embrace who I, as a child of the 70's and as a kid that grew up in the 80's feels: Anarchy.

No longer care. Probably not voting. Anarchy.

edit on 26-8-2016 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

I lean Trump but would perfectly happy with Clinton. I don't think either is "hitler" or the "devil" or any other divisive nonsense.

I lean Trump for his tax policy, which I think would be favorable for the economy.

I'm an Economic Voter, but I would be ok with President Clinton, she would do ok as well.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Nobody could force me to eat Burger King or McDonald's any more than someone can make me follow non-sensical laws or any system of government. I'd just do without.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Nobody could force me to eat Burger King or McDonald's any more than someone can make me follow non-sensical laws or any system of government. I'd just do without.

I was just correcting your analogy.

You're going to have President Clinton or President Trump, burying your head in the sand and refusing to decide won't change that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join