It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Propaganda!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Im struglling this few days with depression, whether thats inspiration I dont know. But it takes the edge, but can be painful when something unpleasant comes out from the mists. Already posted my first scrawl, but this ones more tongue-incheek. Gallows humour if you will.

Cadence is definately on the Alex Harvey Band side...

Propaganda:

I cant belive what she just said, they must be going off their head, theres bodies strewn everywhere and little children here and there.
They sit their flapping blah-blah-blah and how gross products come so far, with stats and sims enough to blush, while all the while more people crushed.

Collateral Damage...now theres a word, the human body count no less absurd. From up on high, grey angels screech, depleted uranium drops from their feet. And Abdul watches market women, erupting skyward from the Yemen. But you wont see that on the 'news' it interferes with market views, it just dont fit there on the telly, tween TV ads for Royal jelly.

Roll-up roll-up, your rides arrived, but you must be under twenty five. It just dont play well on the news, with big strong men in wee short trews. Huddled down in rubber boats, trying not to upset the goats. "Wont be long now" comes the cry, all you can see is lead grey sky. There is no land, its been a fix, but your offloaded with some kicks.

Pray to your god, it feels so cold, while his man lives in a house of gold. They dont need you, they never did, you just went to the highest bid. Now off you trot to Euroland, just mind the bodies, in the sand. Its lovely there, youll get a house and all the freedom of a mouse.
So eat your stick and spin that wheel and you might earn yourself a meal, now jump that hoop, and feed the panda, aint it great being propaganda ?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ClydeBuilt

Take pills or
Take yoga classes
edit on 26-8-2016 by luciferslight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

Or already taking too many pills. There's nothing here coherent at all. Anti-depressants can be lethally dangerous and put a person into a tailspin; while they're waiting to 'feel better' they get even worse and they're in no position to realize it.

And the idiot doctors who prescribe these things never take into account whether the patient is eating right, is drinking a fifth of vodka every day on the side (a depressant in its own right) or has family members that may be making the situation even worse with abuse or neglect...

'Here's a pill, here's an unfathomable booklet warning you of all the side effects including death, come back again in a month or two and we'll see how you're doing...'

And this is called 'medical care...'

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SentientCentenarian

&
a reply to: luciferslight

Went right over your heads, didn't it?

"I don't understand must be crazy!"
But thanks now I got two more on the idiots-ignore-list.

edit on 26-8-2016 by Peeple because: Spell

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

That was very melodic.

If this is how you rant do you normally speak in poems?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Rant?....hey you see it how you like....or 'as you like it' ?
Must confess to putting that just please the wurd police S-U-A branch.

Who totally ignores the growing evidence tha Good ld Old Will could hardly scrawl an IOU.
'The truth will out' they say, and it does doesnt it, cant look a KJV bible in the face these days
without blushing.

But according to some middle england sycophant Will call-me-Shirley- Shakespeare is resonsible
for the english language in totallity. Ignoring contributions from the arab world, angl-saxons,
cymbric unfluences and Mn Dieu....forget not ze french...zoot alors!

Still....better pitied than scolded.

edit on 26-8-2016 by ClydeBuilt because: brain fart!

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

You shouldn't be depressed. That (propaganda) was poetic and full of truth.

edit on 26-8-2016 by intrptr because: ()

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I liked it. Depression inspires many sensitive artistic people. Keep writing, then when the depression drugs finally kill you or you do yourself in, the book will be a best seller.

Seriously though, don't kill yourself. It isn't just about you, many people are involved in such an act of self destruction.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I've been known to make the offer, but it has limited appeal depending on how low I am at that point.
Sometimes Im 'strong, but aggressive, others Im more meek and susceptible to daft ideas.
Oh and for the uninformed doubters, I've been on The Midnight Express once or twice, so show me your ticket stub or STFU! Ia reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

top topics

join