It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Hillary Clinton Praised Former KKK Member Sen. Robert Byrd

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Martin75

I am just stunned to see how many members here make excuses for this person.
He was in an organization which at the time killed black people. That stink does not wash off.

Blinded by ideology. The pretzel logic used to justify it and blatant hypocrisy is almost comical.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Only in politics can a person be successful in making promises for decades without ever delivering.

Minority communities have fallen worse since democrats and politicians in general started "helping" them.

Year after year after year, promises are made and then broken.

But somehow, this year. . . things will be different?

People, all people need to stop believing and trusting that [politicians are doing anything FOR them.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

David Duke diavowed the Klan decades ago.

The hypocrite democrats will still forever refer to him as a Klan leader while hailing Byrd as ahero.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

David Duke diavowed the Klan decades ago.

The hypocrite democrats will still forever refer to him as a Klan leader while hailing Byrd as ahero.

Learn your own username. He didnt disavow racism. And was ACTIVE well beyond the KKK

Duke has been active in the white supremacy movement for over 40 years. In the last two decades, he has tried to position himself as a new “respectable racist.” He pioneered the now common effort on the far right to camouflage racist ideas in hot-button issues like affirmative action and immigration, successfully appealing to race and class resentments. He was instrumental in the Klan resurgence of the 1970s and was one of the first neo-Nazi and Klan leaders to stop the use of Nazi and Klan regalia and ritual, as well as other traditional displays of race hatred, and to cultivate media attention. Duke continues to write articles and books, to convene conferences, and to speak publicly for the purposes of demonizing Jews and other minorities.
source
edit on 26-8-2016 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

What was the purpose of pointing out the color of the family pet?

PC crowd = political correctness. They are banning everything that reminds them of slavery, so according to anyone who is PC, Robert Byrd white dog is racist!

I bet ole Byrd had a white hood made up for his dog!

Guess who else has a white dog?

edit on 26-8-2016 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Duke disavowed the Klan decades ago. That is a fact.

He currently identifies as a "racial realist". Is he not allowed to change like Byrd? If you have proof he is still in the klan, put up or shut up.

Duke ran for the senate as a DEMOCRAT while he was still in the KKK.

Duke first ran for the Louisiana Senate as a Democrat from a Baton Rouge district in 1975. During his campaign, he was allowed to speak on the college campuses of Vanderbilt University, Indiana University, the University of Southern California, Stanford University, and Tulane University.[17] He received 11,079 votes, one-third of those cast.[18]

In October 1979, he ran as a Democrat for the 10th District Senate seat and finished second in a three-candidate race with 9,897 votes (26 percent).[19]

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Duke ran as a DEMOCRAT for president in 1988.

In 1988, Duke ran initially in the Democratic presidential primaries.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Just wait until this is brought to the attention of Black Lives Matter, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and the NAACP. Hillary Clinton will catch hell! (They'll all still vote for her though. It's the Stockholm Syndrome at work.)

I don't know if they love her, or if she is a necessary evil.

It is beyond me to comprehend why people keep giving her a pass on all her corruption.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
In closing.... The Grand Wizard Queen has spoken!

www.youtube.com...

Anyone Defending Robert Byrd is like defending Adolf Hitler......

What if Hitler said "I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in Germany. I apologized a thousand times for killing Jews.....

I'd bet Hillary would support and kiss Hitler too!

edit on 26-8-2016 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

So...does the stink also not wash off of all white people alive today who are descendants of slave owners- no matter how far down the family tree they happen to fall; any degree of relation counts as being part of that group -who as a whole at the time killed even more black people? Or is that stink somehow different?

Relation equals affiliation, so by your logic, millions of white people and biracial/multi-racial people with Caucasian DNA from the corrupt slave owners of antiquity are guilty of crimes against humanity by association...whether they actually killed or harmed any of them personally, no matter how much they try to distance themselves from such a shameful legacy and leave the past behind, where it belongs, is inconsequential; they're automatically guilty by association. Is that right?

I'm expecting to discover that there is an exemption clause attached to your argument...that seems to be the typical way these debates go before they dissolve completely into rhetoric and semantics. But, perhaps you'll surprise me and actually clarify your position in the presence of that glaring parallel. I am truly curious to know by what system you quantify which stink can and cannot be washed off. There's an awful lot of stink wafting around out there, unfortunately. Far too much.

I was raised to believe that there are no bad people, only bad choices that lead to worse outcomes. But people can change those choices. We have free will so that we can learn the consequences of our choices and decide to avoid them or accept them. That is why it is a choice and not a locked in, binding contract. The christian mythology of being "reborn" and thus forgiven is a clear example of a decision to choose to turn away from old behaviors and beliefs, "washing away" the sin (stink) of past transgressions...and it's not a single-use guest pass either.

That man made a lot of very bad choices, and he admitted it. He apologized for it. He said he would apologize a thousand more times if he was asked to. And, like every other person on the planet, he probably made plenty more bad choices at different points in his life. But because he was a significant presence in the life of a person whom they do not like and wish to be defeated by any means necessary, some people choose to hold him to an impossible standard, and it's convenient because he's no longer around to answer to their attacks upon his character as a human being.

He is a perfect, timely vector for perpetuating the divisiveness of this nation, fueling the relentless, destructive advancement of the Hate Train. And people are just clamoring to jump aboard, as per usual. Bravo for them, strong work. They're reacting in precisely the manner they were expected to, right on schedule.

Information like this is not "discovered" by accident by some clever individual trying to dig up dirt. It is released and fed to the public by design, for a very specific purpose. Everyone, from both sides of the divide, is about to find out just how coldly they've been manipulated. How very little race is going to matter in the end. How very little any of this will matter. Slandering and impugning the character of a dead man is doing nothing but furthering the larger agenda.
edit on 31203America/ChicagoFri, 26 Aug 2016 15:20:07 -050031pm31238America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

And the NAACP mourned his death.

Wonder why?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

My point was precisely that, thank you for expounding...and on a lighter note, my neighbors and I make a lot of jokes about the color of our various dogs compared to our own skin color ("Black Dogs Matter", etc.)...to such an extent that I'm quite sure someone out there in the PC world would classify all of us as a bunch of racists, no matter how racially diverse our community is and how little we allow stupidity like that to affect our coexistence. We're not tolerant...we just actually don't care about ridiculous things like skin color...most of us are multi-racial, myself included.

My apologies for accusing you of stirring the pot; if I misconstrued your intent, I stand corrected.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

It is beyond me to comprehend why people keep giving her a pass on all her corruption.

Because 99.9% of "the corruption" is fabricated BS by right-wing nutjobs?

That'd be my guess.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Wow...I'd have to agree with you, doing things like that, blatantly singling out people of only one racial group and treating them differently than their fellow employees is a clear demonstration of racial discrimination, and it is in violation of federal labor laws...has been for a long while now. I have not read about those instances yet. That is extremely disturbing.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I had a year as a teenager where I hung out with a bunch of skinheads and had the look. Then I found acid. 25 years late I am a peace loving hippy and have been for decades. People make mistakes, and circumstances are not black and white. Some people don't give a # about facts. They just want their opinion enforced. I read once that a persons respect for the truth measures the very value of their soul. The truth is greater that your opinion. Quit deceiving yourselves.
edit on 26-8-2016 by MrThortan because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2016 by MrThortan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Byrd was her mentor for many years. Hillary and Bill were at his funeral and laughed off his kkk ties like everything else. Hillary and Bill are hillbilly bigots and they know it.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
In closing.... The Grand Wizard Queen has spoken!

www.youtube.com...

Anyone Defending Robert Byrd is like defending Adolf Hitler......

What if Hitler said "I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in Germany. I apologized a thousand times for killing Jews.....

I'd bet Hillary would support and kiss Hitler too!

It's interesting that people have been invoking Hitler so often in these discussions lately. I'm sure he'd be pleased. However, in this context, it's the equivalent of killing a mosquito with a grenade...a disproportionate comparison.

Adolf Hitler murdered, directly ordered the murder of, and had plans in place to continue murdering millions of people. He wasn't just a member of an organization that killed people in the past. He was the one directly, personally responsible for the loss of all those lives. This man was nothing like that, and it is woefully hyperbolic to make such a comparison.

Now, if you can show concrete evidence that he personally orchestrated, committed, or colluded with others on the murders of millions of people, I'll retract my statement. So far though, while he's being accused of many things , committing murder has not been one of them. He's being judged by his brief affiliation with them, as if he was somehow guilty of things that he had no part in, simply to keep an argument alive, to attain the coveted prize of being "right".

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Hillbilly bigot, that's what she is...........and her decrepid fake husband.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Sen. Robert Byrd not only was a KKK member but led his local Klan chapter
dailycaller.com...

But it is OK, he had a (D) behind his name.

I'm sure he didn't intend to be racist.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

People change...it appears Byrd changed and disavowed the Klan.

He was in the Klan in the 1940s...Clinton knew him in the 2000s, far removed from the time he was in the Klan.

I know Trump supporters are desperate to get the racists claims off of Trump, but the problem is that Trump is being endorsed by CURRENT Klan members and CURRENT White Supremacist. And he isn't distancing himself from these type of people, he is surrounding himself with them.

Good try though.

Didn't matter for the poor guy who talked about Strom Thurmond at this birthday party.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: kruphix

People change...it appears Byrd changed and disavowed the Klan.

He was in the Klan in the 1940s...Clinton knew him in the 2000s, far removed from the time he was in the Klan.

I know Trump supporters are desperate to get the racists claims off of Trump, but the problem is that Trump is being endorsed by CURRENT Klan members and CURRENT White Supremacist. And he isn't distancing himself from these type of people, he is surrounding himself with them.

Good try though.

Didn't matter for the poor guy who talked about Strom Thurmond at this birthday party.

Yeah, Trent Lott got ran out of town for praising Strom Thurmond. Totally forgot about that one... Eerily similar circumstances and gain shows the liberal hypocrisy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join