It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton Praised Former KKK Member Sen. Robert Byrd

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Guess it is too hard for them admit one of their own was wrong. That dude was trash. Racist, homophobic trash. I can't believe they defend him.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Just wait until this is brought to the attention of Black Lives Matter, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and the NAACP.

They have all known about it for years... Just because something shows up on ATS doesn't mean it's "news".

In 2010, even the NAACP released a statement honoring Senator Byrd and mourning his passing

Source

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: shooterbrody

Just wait until this is brought to the attention of Black Lives Matter, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and the NAACP. Hillary Clinton will catch hell! (They'll all still vote for her though. It's the Stockholm Syndrome at work.)

They all already know...this isn't secret or new information.

And, at least for NAACP, they knew about Byrd's past and still supported him.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: carewemust

Guess it is too hard for them admit one of their own was wrong. That dude was trash. Racist, homophobic trash. I can't believe they defend him.

I'm not sure you are reading any of our replies.

We have all said that he was wrong in his past opinions. Do you not understand this?

link   
Meanwhile.. lets talk about former KKK members who have NOT disavowed the hate group. You know.. like David Duke

link   

originally posted by: kruphix

I have no problem saying he held very backward opinions in the past...but yes, he changed.

At the time Clinton knew him and counted him as a friend, he had changed those views and repeatedly said his views were wrong in the past.

People learn, people have more experiences, and intelligent people allow those things to continue to form their opinions...not have their opinions and views cemented into place.

If anything, I respect someone more for evaluating their views and changing them when they see they are flawed than someone who refuses to accept new information and are rigid in their views.

So where was his change? Not voting for civil rights measures? Not promoting marriage equality?
His "change" was BS
Please point out ANY meaningful change he made.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Here is the deal..... once a racist ALWAYS a racist..... no going back!

If you steal my car.... your a thief and will ALWAYS be a thief..... no going back!

Hillary is the KKK Queen Dragon!!!

edit on 26-8-2016 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

People change...it appears Byrd changed and disavowed the Klan.

He was in the Klan in the 1940s...Clinton knew him in the 2000s, far removed from the time he was in the Klan.

I know Trump supporters are desperate to get the racists claims off of Trump, but the problem is that Trump is being endorsed by CURRENT Klan members and CURRENT White Supremacist. And he isn't distancing himself from these type of people, he is surrounding himself with them.

Good try though.

Funny how standards have changed. When Obama was running and surrounded by extremists, we were told he couldn't be held to blame for people that supported him. Bernie Sanders made the same argument about extremists who support him.

Why are the rules different for Trump?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
It's amazing that you all endlessly claim Trump is racist when hes not done anything or said anything racist, then you make excuses for a guy who was a KKK grand dragon. The lack of self awareness on display is stunning.

edit on 26-8-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Why, he taught her how to 'bring them to heel'.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

For the 2003–2004 session, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)[64] rated Byrd's voting record as being 100% in line with the N.A.A.C.P.'s position on the thirty-three Senate bills they evaluated. Sixteen other senators received that rating. In June 2005, Byrd proposed an additional $10,000,000 in federal funding for the Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial in Washington, D.C., remarking that, "With the passage of time, we have come to learn that his Dream was the American Dream, and few ever expressed it more eloquently."[

Good enough for me.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
You sure are drinking the Trump kool-aid, aren't you? Yes, Byrd made a terrible mistake in his youth... and spent the rest of his life apologizing for it... Who here, has not made a terrible mistake in their youth?

Last time I checked my mistakes in my younger days didn't include a stint in the KKK, so to answer your question, no I did not make an epic "mistake" like Byrd did by joining the KKK.

In December 1944, Byrd wrote to segregationist Mississippi Senator Theodore G. Bilbo:

I shall never fight in the armed forces with a negro by my side ... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.

Did you make a mistake like ^^THAT^^ in your past? But it matters not, as he just loved African Americans right up until his death right?
edit on 26-8-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

For the 2003–2004 session, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)[64] rated Byrd's voting record as being 100% in line with the N.A.A.C.P.'s position on the thirty-three Senate bills they evaluated. Sixteen other senators received that rating. In June 2005, Byrd proposed an additional $10,000,000 in federal funding for the Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial in Washington, D.C., remarking that, "With the passage of time, we have come to learn that his Dream was the American Dream, and few ever expressed it more eloquently."[

Good enough for me.

If it wouldnt get taken down for repeat posting, Id repost this every chance I could in this thread. Seems like the trumpets are missing this important factor, and ignore any of the text.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Hmmmmmm I believe this is connected:

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Most people make mistakes growing up. Robert Byrd became leader of the KKK. Most people DO NOT do that.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

So when your attempt at demonizing a man for making a terrible mistake back in the 40's that he publicly owned up to on more than one occasion and expressed deep regret for does not wash, you simply resort to spewing vitriol instead. Classy.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

So when your attempt at demonizing a man for making a terrible mistake back in the 40's that he publicly owned up to on more than one occasion and expressed deep regret for does not wash, you simply resort to spewing vitriol instead. Classy.

Now tell us how Trump is a white supremacist racist.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: tigertatzen

How about 13 examples?
13 examples

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Why try to steer things off topic?

This thread is about Hillary and Byrd.

Can't you discuss Hillary without deflecting to Trump?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

LOL I did this? He chose to start a klan chapter. When it became politically beneficial for him he "changed"; didn't effect his voting record tho did it?
He voted AGAINST civil rights measures in the 60's.
He railed publicly against marriage equality in the 90's.

You go right ahead and defend the guy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join