It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind-controlled nanobots could release drugs inside your brain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
Using them for medicinal practices good, for assassination, not so good.

How about delivering that perfect dose of scopolamine to create an army of zombies??? Good or not so good

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve
a reply to: zosimov

They are already floating about.

Solve care to elaborate on this? I promise I won't freak out!

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   

and probably delivered by vaccine.

there is nothing on this earth that was developed for the purpose of good that can not be quickly adapted for the forces of evil - including vaccines.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Well, frankly, I am a bit unsettled by the implications of this new technology. That an indiscriminite amount of potentially lethal drugs could be released into a person by an outside source is terrifying indeed

The basic idea is that mental patients are able to self dose unconsciously.

Problem: how does the doctor know when another injection is required (ie. the last shot has been used up)?

Problem: What happens when the doses have not been used by the patient by the time the DNA carrier degrades and all the chemicals are then released in mass in the patient's brain? * see note below.

Problem: What effect does the degrading DNA in the patients brain have upon the health of the patient?

Some pretty big hurdles to clear before human testing. One of my main concerns with the prescribing of psychotropic drugs is that there is very little if any actual observation by the prescribing physician as to whether or when to adjust dosage, whether or when it has been determined that a different drug should be substituted, etc.

Jumping into self medication before even the existing problems have been properly addressed seems a bit like plunging ahead in reverse.

ETA

Example: The patient pulls out his prescription bottle and reads "Take as needed for anxiety". The bottle is still 3/4 full. Expiration date is tomorrow. "Oh well, better just swallow the rest today."
edit on 27-8-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve
a reply to: Stormdancer777

We call this time in space 2016, and not knowing, what is all around us, is a gift.

When did they actually start using us for guinea pigs?

After WW2?

And who sanctioned it?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I'd love to have a crew of friendly nano bots that periodically release good neurotransmitters like dopamine, gaba, oxytocin and what not.

That'd be way too good to be true though.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I guess I was wrong about the time this started

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

So we influenced the NAZI's

I am depressed now.
edit on 27-8-2016 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Aug 28th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
So this is why the pharmacist pushed the flu vaccine on me as I kept saying no. containing some little robo buggers
edit on 27-8-2016 by jellyrev because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Yeah, those tickets to Mars are starting to sound reeeeally good lately.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Weaponized nanotech.. that's a scary thought

Yeah, but SO much else too.

Nanotech health kit, where tiny little robots enter the body and do a diagnosis, inject drugs, perform micro-surgeries, etc.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Yes, this technology could absolutely could be used for the greater good as well. Already is, as far as I know.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Does anybody remember few years ago when people were freaking out about vaccines? There were several patents for delivery systems to add base pairs to DNA. Could this be related? Im sure it could easily go either way. they key being that they are using DNA for these nanobots. I believe one of the DOD patents was to inject unto 1 million base pairs.. WHOA!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join