It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last call for all thinking people and actual patriots to jump off of the Trump Crazy Train.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa
Can anyone planning to cast a vote in November riddle me plz!

What exactly are you arguing about if Trump or Clinton wins your popular vote, which of where you're vote is directed. And still lose the election

Youre opinion, and/or vote is fruitless regarding who becomes POTUS.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm responding to this one because you fleshed out your point a bit more.

It's understandable that the electoral college makes voting feel watered down. Having a background in computing, I don't trust what we've had forced down our throats. Anything digital can be manipulated. A computer is like a child savant, capable of "thinking" on a level beyond human thought yet still with the innocence of a child. They will do what they are told Exactly as told. The end result would be totally invisible. There are no "hanging chads" once the deed is successfully done and volatile memory has been cleared.

You've touched on something I'm genuinely hesitant to refer to because of the kind of vitriol the subject invokes & I not only don't want to deal with it but want to avoid starting thread drift. (It could easily go off-topic considering the still raw emotions involved.)

I may be one of the few who was watching and remember the morning that a Democrat was on the NBC Today show in the lead up to the 2000 election. Their segment was primarily to explain how it was possible for a candidate to win the popular vote but lose due to the electoral college. At the time, my distinct impression was that they fully expected the opposite of what happened during the Florida debacle and were laying the groundwork to stifle Republican protest after the election.

Before it even starts... I'll say Again, "I complained from the very beginning of the process of how the GOP was only going through the motions and it was clear to anyone paying attention that GW had already been anointed as the 'Chosen One'." I am NOT talking from either side of the D/R disaster that ensued.

The fight that election was dirty on both sides and there was tampering of one kind or another in many states. I remember watching a news clip election night from a local station in Michigan or possibly Chicago where workers at a homeless shelter were complaining that they'd had to call the police to stop Democrat workers from promising people at the shelter a carton of cigarettes and a van ride to the polls. That seems to have disappeared from history once the "Just & Righteous Cause" began in Florida.

That's where I stop on THAT subject. Let's try to stay on topic.

Times have changed and it's understandable that many find the idea of the electoral college outdated. True popular vote elections do still need some form of balance. Otherwise, any state without dense population centers might as well accept that it is a "captured" state. They would never again have any effective impact on an election.

In spite of how he's been painted, Muammar Gaddafi was an intelligent man and some of his insights into politics shouldn't be dismissed out of hand...

"The Green Book" by Muammar Gaddafi

Pages 7 - 11

The Instrument Of Government

All political systems in the world today are a product of the struggle for power between alternative instruments of government. This struggle may be peaceful or armed, as is evidenced among classes, sects, tribes, parties or individuals. The outcome is always the victory of a particular governing structure – be it that of an individual, group, party or class -- and the defeat of -- the people; the defeat of genuine democracy.

Political struggle that results in the victory of a candidate with, for example, 51 per cent of the votes leads to a dictatorial governing body in the guise of a false democracy, since 49 per cent of the electorate is ruled by an instrument of government they did not vote for, but which has been imposed upon them. Such is dictatorship. Besides, this political conflict may produce a governing body that represents only a minority. For when votes are distributed among several candidates, though one polls more than any other, the sum of the votes received by those who received fewer votes might well constitute an overwhelming majority. However, the candidate with fewer votes wins and his success is regarded as legitimate and democratic! In actual fact, dictatorship is established under the cover of false democracy. This is the reality of the political systems prevailing in the world today. They are dictatorial systems and it is evident that they falsify genuine democracy. - all emphasis CornShucker's

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010

originally posted by: Slickinfinity
Hillary Clinton would just keep the same system going doing the same corrupt bs. Trump at least might shake things up and expose to the public more evidence cronyism.
There is almost no good choice but I think hillary should be in jail and Trump at least has been right about the levels of corruption going on.
Trump won't win he's in it for Hillary.

Americans allegedly choose candidates. Then they elect POTUS from given candidates. So yeah he got the nomination but he won't win the electoral vote.

He will just say it's all rigged once he wins the popular vote and lose in the electoral college, thereby satisfying his ego.

And He'll probably have a new tv show after the election plus all the millions he's pocketed.

I hear this argument all the time yet no one has been able to explain this. You mean its a conspiracy 30 years in the making? He said same things in 1988. Explain that?

TO THE OP: I keep hearing the lesser of two evils. No one has proved to me trump is evil or racist. In fact Ive never heard of him being either until he ran against the democrats. Im sure he has done shady things as most filthy rich businessmen have but he didn't do them in a political position of power. And they didn't threaten the country in any way, shape, or form. Im 99.9% sure Hillary is corrupt as hell after all the research I have done on her over the last 6 months. No one will ever make me believe Trump is on the same scale of corruption she is on. Im not a DIE hard trump fan nor do I think he is flawless but compared to Hillary I think he is by far the best option.

Im also personally sick of the attacks on Trump supporters calling us crazy, foolish, uneducated, racist etc.

Your OP spewed out personal attacks under the veil of being concerned. No one is buying your skit.

he met with the clintons prior to running for office. Also long time friends with bill. Hes also donated to the Clinton foundation before, over 100k I believe.

Im no Clinton fan but Hillary has been in government positions for like all her life.

do you honestly believe he would win the electoral vote? He's not qualified just plain and simple.

And yes Clinton is a criminal, just that no one will prosecute.

If you were a prosecutor that had a family and/or loved ones would you try the charges?

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

I could never vote for Hillary.

If you take away all the corruption, all the lies, all the unethical behavior. . . . .

She wants to raise taxes.

So now people care about taxes?

What about all the other presidents that raised taxes before corrupt Hiallary? I could list at the least 100 taxes that you pay every year, but it would create thread drift.

Americans revolted against the British for far less than what you pay for in taxes today. pure definition of irony. Like 95%-97% less.

I'm sick and tired of paying such high taxes.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
And not voting won't do anything, the election would proceed even if the only person to vote for Hillary was Bill Clinton. Only thing you can do is go to Washington and "fix it".

There's no minimum for the popular vote.

Americans only vote for their preferred candidate, the "electoral college" "elects" the president.

For a better understanding just think "selectoral college"
And they "select" POTUS

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JetBlackStare
No political ideals?
Why does a candidate need political ideals in order to do whats best for the american people? The whole idea of politics in general hasn't really done any Americans much good, and it seems your championing the fact that Hillary is an established politician, when thats a big part of whats wrong with her.
Is it government housing your talking about, or public schools? What makes us think that those of us that do pay taxes for both of these things can afford to support people to get these things for free without paying taxes? Thats why its very important to do things legally, and do things the right way. I know Hillary has had a huge penchant for wanting to save people from their own mistakes, but we as a country can't afford it.
There is great merit in bringing back manufacturing jobs. We don't compete with the rest of the world when it comes to utilizing natural resources or manufacturing because of entirely too much regulation. Americans for the past 8 years have been regulated out of a job, and Obamacare has forced many employers to only hire part time employees to get around paying for health insurance, which they wouldn't be able to afford. Hillary wants to keep this all the way it is, while expanding obamacare to further stifle growth and improvement. Trump wants an entire overhaul and replacement of obamacare, and he wants to take away the "regulations" (taxes and unreasonable rules) that kill jobs here in america.
Believe me, with Obama paying ransom to regain hostages and backing out of the iraq war during a critical time, to hillary clinton accepting bribes from foreign donors while she was secretary of state, the rest of the world already thinks we have lost our reputation. What trump wants to do is help us get it back.
I have a lot of friends who support trump and believe that hillary is crazy, and they are the "silent majority". If any further indication is needed, just look at how many people she convinces to go to her rallies compared to trump. There is no passion with her supporters. There is definitely passion with trump. An established candidate is not a good thing. It is everything that is wrong with the status quo. We need someone like us in the white house that isn't corrupted with political greed and exchanging political favors for more power.
So no, you don't have a clue.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CornShucker

Stared you just for the Dio video m/

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
if i was american i would definitely vote for trump Hillary is up to her eye balls in deceit and corruption and Donald trump has not committed any war crimes.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: mx44z
You think Trump is a better option than Johnson?

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: mx44z
if i was american i would definitely vote for trump Hillary is up to her eye balls in deceit and corruption and Donald trump has not committed any war crimes.

All election results have to be is....... "believable."
The people inclined to abuse their wealth and power do what they always have done throughout history.
They TAKE the most, give the least, and don't give a damn about the rest of humanity.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JetBlackStare We like the Trump Train-Think Americanism not Globalism. America first- if that upsets you head for a safe area. Crooked HRC does have one advantage over Trump- 90% of dead voters vote Democratic,

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I prefer Stein over Trump, but Trump over Johnson. The TPP is the deal breaker for me. Trump has made not supporting it a major part of his campaign. Stein is very much against it. Even Hillary pretends to be against it so we can at least be betrayed when she stabs us in the back.

But not Johnson, he's openly all for it. Last thing I want to do is give the PTB a public mandate by the people of the United States to go forward with that monstrosity. If we vote him in and he signs, we've no one to blame but ourselves. Too bad too as the guy is against the drug war too. But the TPP is a deal breaker all the same.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JetBlackStare
I feel the frustration so many of you have with the established parties.

I also feel the frustration so many of you have with regard to immigration.

I also feel the frustration so many have about jobs and the economy.

I also feel the frustration so many have about race relations in the U.S.

Add to it ISIS and other world issues and yeah, it seems like a lot. Everyone gets it.

Great, you get it... but you want us to just take it up the a** for another 8yrs because you dont like Trump?

.. sorry you don't get it at all.

Change is coming..

Want to know something you dont get? that all that crazy nonsense you've swallowed from the TV is a total load of horse-crap.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

that all that crazy nonsense you've swallowed from the TV is a total load of horse-crap.

Bruce is not Caitlen?

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

He's not qualified just plain and simple.

Please explain to me how he's not qualified? He's a very successful business man, who has raised a great family.

What makes Hillary Clinton qualified? The fact she's been a career politician?

Have you even seen the amount of politicians who are absolute idiots? Being a politician isn't some amazing life accomplishment that makes someone qualified. She didn't do anything great as Secretary of State, she's used the power of every position she's held to get rich.

Public career servants can't obtain a net worth of 200 million dollars by serving only the people.

Donald Trump is far more qualified, and he's the best candidate I've seen since Ross Perot.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Agit8dChop

that all that crazy nonsense you've swallowed from the TV is a total load of horse-crap.

Bruce is not Caitlen?

If thats the most important thing in your daily life, sure why not!

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

Donald Trump is far more qualified, and he's the best candidate I've seen since Ross Perot.

To the former I disagree. To the latter, everyone is entitled to their opinion but you thought Perot was a good idea?
Not surprising I suppose. A populist is a populist.

Give 'em lots of violence
And plenty to hate.

edit on 8/28/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
tldr but it's so funny that the day Trump backstepped and apologized for the things he said the overwhelming support from ATS for him vanished overnight. I thought it was such a good move; i'm sure he thought so as well.. completely backfired though. Wonder what the next step is for him

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

This is hilarious; she is poor

I'm from Canada but i'd take the woman who has spent a great deal of time negotiating peace than the dude negotiating money

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 711117

lol maybe she's not poor but she's not rich to rich people

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: 711117

This is hilarious; she is poor

I'm from Canada but i'd take the woman who has spent a great deal of time negotiating peace than the dude negotiating money

She's worth 200,000,000 from a life as a politician. I'm sure you think that's hillarious though.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join