It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last call for all thinking people and actual patriots to jump off of the Trump Crazy Train.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011
a reply to: JetBlackStare

Its a shame that what we have heard mostly from both of them is how bad their opponent is, with few concrete details about what they will do about jobs, the economy, and making the country a better place for everyone.

Um, that's not really the case on the Democrat side where the platform was fully in place by the time of the Convention, some of which was written with Bernie Sanders' platform in mind.

Here it is.

www.hillaryclinton.com...

That's about the best platform I've seen any party put out, and if you gave her your vote it would be doable.

What Clinton really needs is a mandate to get that stuff done, and what we could be looking at, instead of total disaster or the potential for a disastrous presidency , could be the beginning of a real renewal or what I would call a type of American renaissance and a new dawn, of a country healing, and getting stronger, for real, and not just as some sort of stupid blustering statement by an imbecile who is the very furthest thing from the embodiment of what precisely it is that makes America great.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
you should go out and protest that. its a very rational thought. it sounds more sane than the current candidate .

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

They are both a detriment to this Country's future...it's as if doing your Civic Duty would be to not vote.

Yes actually. If everyone refused to vote it would send the strongest message possible. Of course you'd need to track the non-votes to prove how they frauded the votes they have, and Id bet both would have evidence of it. Even Mr "anti-establishment" (while praising AIPAC) search: "Rabbi fired for protesting Trump."

I don't even have to give a reason for HRC, you know her votes are fiction.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

She needs more than just a mandate. She'll also need constant pressure to make sure she actually follows through on the platform.

Remember, President Obama had large Democratic majorities in both houses of Congress for the first 2 years of his presidency. Yet there was virtually nothing done about climate change, immigration reform, prosecuting the Bush admin for torture and the Iraq War, reforming the criminal justice system, etc. Even the much wanted "public option" was never included in the Affordable Care Act. He and the Congressional Dems refused to use their mandate to push through their stated goals and they paid dearly for it in the 2010 midterms.

A party platform is nothing but a bunch of nonbinding words on a piece of paper. Politicians, administrators, and others still have to go out and actually implement and properly fund the policy positions listed in the platform.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa

originally posted by: Slickinfinity
Hillary Clinton would just keep the same system going doing the same corrupt bs. Trump at least might shake things up and expose to the public more evidence cronyism.
There is almost no good choice but I think hillary should be in jail and Trump at least has been right about the levels of corruption going on.
Trump won't win he's in it for Hillary.

Americans allegedly choose candidates. Then they elect POTUS from given candidates. So yeah he got the nomination but he won't win the electoral vote.

He will just say it's all rigged once he wins the popular vote and lose in the electoral college, thereby satisfying his ego.

And He'll probably have a new tv show after the election plus all the millions he's pocketed.

I hear this argument all the time yet no one has been able to explain this. You mean its a conspiracy 30 years in the making? He said same things in 1988. Explain that?

edit on 28-8-2016 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

TO THE OP: I keep hearing the lesser of two evils. No one has proved to me trump is evil or racist. In fact Ive never heard of him being either until he ran against the democrats. Im sure he has done shady things as most filthy rich businessmen have but he didn't do them in a political position of power. And they didn't threaten the country in any way, shape, or form. Im 99.9% sure Hillary is corrupt as hell after all the research I have done on her over the last 6 months. No one will ever make me believe Trump is on the same scale of corruption she is on. Im not a DIE hard trump fan nor do I think he is flawless but compared to Hillary I think he is by far the best option.

Im also personally sick of the attacks on Trump supporters calling us crazy, foolish, uneducated, racist etc.

Your OP spewed out personal attacks under the veil of being concerned. No one is buying your skit.

edit on 28-8-2016 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Here is the very pragmatic Rand Paul addressing these issues.

Rand addresses a very important point you can go and vote third party, but that won't stop Clinton, thus you aren't helping America RIGHT NOW, sending a message to make yourself feel better helps YOU, not America.

Some say it sends a message for next time, trust me having been a supporter of Ron Paul for 2 election cycles, next time is always the same.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: JetBlackStare

Or asks Blacks so flippantly, "What do you have to lose?" like they have never had any measure of success.

I thought blacks were oppressed and the downtrodden of the country? The way you leftists talk very few are successful and need hand outs and things like affirmative action to get ahead.

Which is it lib?

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Uh-huh, if you like to be run by the government and not keep any of what you make because "rich" will be defined as having two nickels of your own to rub together.

I would rather not lose more than half of my untaxed revenue, thanks, and I am not wealthy by any standard.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

And jump on the "Death Train" conducted by the liar of all liars?
No thanks, I think I'll stay right here and do what I can to guarantee she never sees the inside of the White House again as anything but a guest.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I could never vote for Hillary.

If you take away all the corruption, all the lies, all the unethical behavior. . . . .

She wants to raise taxes.

I'm sick and tired of paying such high taxes.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho
a reply to: BestinShow

They are both a detriment to this Country's future...it's as if doing your Civic Duty would be to not vote.

Yes actually. If everyone refused to vote it would send the strongest message possible. Of course you'd need to track the non-votes to prove how they frauded the votes they have, and Id bet both would have evidence of it. Even Mr "anti-establishment" (while praising AIPAC) search: "Rabbi fired for protesting Trump."

I don't even have to give a reason for HRC, you know her votes are fiction.

I completely disagree. Those people who actually think NOT VOTING accomplishes one thing are freaking deluded. I mean, seriously. Say only 3 people voted in an election! Do you really think TPTB would give a flying freak? Of course not! The guy who had 2 votes would say he had a mandate, and won by 33% over his candidate.

And the guy that lost, would tell everyone that he only lost by ONE vote! And better luck next time. Or 'I demand a recount!'. Doesn't matter. Either way, one of the two players they want is in power, and that's that.

And the lamestream media would have one of their two candidates in office, and play the left against the right meme, or vice versa. And that's IT. Sure, there'd be one or two articles decrying the lack of voters. But as long as you sit on your a$$, not a THING is going to happen.

So all you are doing by not voting is doing EXACTLY WHAT TPTB WANT YOU TO DO. SMH. It is so obvious, yet people are so brainwashed...
edit on 28-8-2016 by nomoredemsorreps because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JetBlackStare
I get it, I really do.

I feel the frustration so many of you have with the established parties. The cronyism, the corruption, the bureaucracy. No doubt our political system is broken. But a man with no actual political ideals is not the person to fix it. A man who openly brags about using the system to enrich himself is not the banner-man for change. No, you look for someone with a clear vision and solid ethics.

I also feel the frustration so many of you have with regard to immigration. There's a brand new neighborhood of very nice houses in my area and the only people buying in there are immigrants. The top school in my area has about a 50% immigrant student population. I think about this and I wonder how they are affording such great houses when so many Americans are living pay check to pay check. I wonder how they inspire such achievement in their kids. But the answers to those questions is not to push them out or deny others like them entry into the U.S., the answer lies in knowing them better and understanding what it is about their culture that encourages such achievement.

I also feel the frustration so many have about jobs and the economy. It's bleak. The only jobs are McJobs or jobs that are too technological for our current crop of applicants. It's so easy and pandering to say "bring manufacturing back" but it won't be like it was, it will be automated and mostly done by robots. The basis of our stagnation and decline is rooted in the politics of 20 years ago and wishing it back to the way it was before isn't going to do a damn thing. We have to innovate and reeducate in order to be competitive and it's going to be hard and not everyone will be able to adapt. That's just the reality. We're in a gap that only time, strategic initiatives and perseverance will see us through.

I also feel the frustration so many have about race relations in the U.S. It does seem that the last 8 years has hurt more than helped, which is disappointing and surprising but it cuts both ways. Some Whites have never given Obama a chance simply because he is black and some Blacks have tried to capitalize on his tenure to exact twisted ideas of social justice or payback. But those people are the demented minority who sadly have the loudest voices. But the answer to racial issues is not a dog whistling race baiter who continually says shockingly stupid comments regarding Blacks and Latinos. It's not a guy who tweets out a pic that he loves Mexicans while eating a taco salad. Or asks Blacks so flippantly, "What do you have to lose?" like they have never had any measure of success.

Add to it ISIS and other world issues and yeah, it seems like a lot. Everyone gets it.

No, the answers to any of these huge issues is NOT Donald Trump. The answer is not a loony Pied Piper who plays tunes of hate and fear, whose main source of information is the internet and all of it's minion trolls. I get it - It would be so easy to be lulled by the sweet tunes of pandering populism played by Donald Trump. But it's not real. Nothing is ever free or easy. There is always a price to pay for those hypnotic tunes. And the price the the U.S. will undoubtedly pay is destabilization and the degradation of our reputation on the world stage. And not even just the world stage but for each of his supporters, individually, and, indeed, for this very website that so often plays hosts to the absurd talking points spewed by his supporters.

With each day that passes, with every new jaw-droppingly dumb or offensive thing he says, with every ill-informed platform or position, with every backtrack or campaign pivot - Trump declares himself incompetent to run even a campaign, much less an Administration. Additionally and perhaps more sadly, his supporters lose credibility in their real life and with on-line friends and adversaries. You see, you take it seriously where Trump so clearly does not. You are passionate where Trump is so clearly feeding you bull#. There comes a point in time though when the pile of bull# is just too big to ignore, the stench too repugnant.

The time is at hand that being a Trump supporter now makes you look foolish. You're covered in bull# and your barreling down the tracks on a Crazy Train that's headed over a cliff. Stop and think. You've got only a small window of time to save your reputation and to save your country. Now jump off!

We'll still be here. We'll get you through. We will have more respect for you for admitting your mistake, for putting you country first. We can still be friends and we won't even talk about you - much.

Given the choice a someone nutty and a criminal...I'll take the nut. He isn't going to accomplish much but she may actually finish the destruction of America Obama started.

Trump is a safer bet.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I feel that Obama was like a junior - intermediate President who was very concerned with being "cool" and was very image conscious.

Frankly, I was dismayed as his general continuation of Bush/Cheney policy.

Hillary I think will be much more committed to getting the job done, and will be both tough as nails and also able to garner more non-partisan support in a much more collaborative environment.

In many ways Obama's lack of experience was an impediment. I don't think that will be the case with Hillary Clinton.

Thanks for your thoughtful reply.

As to the other two posters who replied by talking about raising taxes, you must be in a very high tax bracket to be concerned about have to pay your fair share of taxes ie: 30%.

edit on 28-8-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: nomoredemsorreps

So all you are doing by not voting is doing EXACTLY WHAT TPTB WANT YOU TO DO. SMH. It is so obvious, yet people are so brainwashed..

No man, by voting you are participating in their corrupt system. You are condoning every action they take, every war they make, every murder of innocent lives...

So no, I would never vote and no one else should either.

Now, how about instead of voting the entire population lined the streets and demanded reform of the system & removal of all the agents of corruption that exist? You think those people are brainwashed?

Keep telling yourself your vote matters...

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

OH I GET IT ,they will stop at nothing ...so YOU will DO nothing and they will stop...brilliant logic there.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: boncho
a reply to: nomoredemsorreps

So all you are doing by not voting is doing EXACTLY WHAT TPTB WANT YOU TO DO. SMH. It is so obvious, yet people are so brainwashed..

No man, by voting you are participating in their corrupt system. You are condoning every action they take, every war they make, every murder of innocent lives...

So no, I would never vote and no one else should either.

Now, how about instead of voting the entire population lined the streets and demanded reform of the system & removal of all the agents of corruption that exist? You think those people are brainwashed?

Keep telling yourself your vote matters...

Dude, it's NOT that I think my vote makes all that much difference. It's that I KNOW that NOT VOTING makes NOT ONE BIT OF DIFFERENCE to psychopaths. That's what you don't seem to grasp. Exactly HOW psychopathic and sociopathic TPTB are that are running things these days.

What you ended with is EXACTLY WHAT I AM SAYING NEEDS TO HAPPEN. Unfortunately, you folks who disdain voting...well, I don't see you 'lining any streets' or making any kind of fuss that registers more than a peep. So I'm not sure what world you're living in, but it ain't one that gives a whit if you happen to vote or not. In fact, it HOPES you WON'T VOTE, because then it makes it easier to finagle the results...

Edited to add. In fact if you got off your butts, and actually DID something, you know, like even get together and WRITE IN 'None of the above', or pick a really ridiculous candidate, like, I don't know someone from the Wallflower Party (or find some obscure party), and all voted for THAT person, THEN you'd be accomplishing something. What you are doing now accomplishes exactly ZIP. Zero. And no one cares.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: nomoredemsorreps
Hillary and Obama and Bush pretty much CREATED isis..

Just like Jimmy Carter and Zbigniew Brzezinski helped create and support the Taliban. I just saw an article on the New York Times about how Russia manipulates stories for their own political agenda.

Now I remember stories on national news shows as a child and I hated watching the news at my grandfather's house. I was more cartoon oriented as a child. Incredible Hulk. Duke's of Hazzard. Loved it. News. Despised it. But I remember armed conflict stories even though I don't remember other stories. The news said that the US government and Jimmy Carter accused Russia of invading Aghanistan. Communist expansionism.

Then I find out 30 years later that Russia indeed had REJECTED requests for assistance by the ruling moderate Islamic government to curb the expansion of Islamic radicals attempting to overthrow the government. 14,000 Russia men and boys died at the hands of CIA bullets and Jimmy Carter. Not only that. 2,000 American citizens lost their lives on September 11th. This # gets no more humorous than a trip to your local VA to see young vets dealing with PTSD and amputated limbs from IED's because the US had to send soldiers to the same #ing country 30 years later to do the same #ing job Russian soldiers were doing and have some arrogant prick write a New York Times story about how Russia tells fish stories.

Russia at least protects its own citizens. Carter and Brzezinski get American citizens killed and American soldiers maimed while at the same time lying about Russia politics and armed interventions.

And time and time again. The US and NATO creates these #head towel head insurgencies and lies about Russia's attempts to stop them before they get started.

I give to the DAV monthly and have thought about cancelling my donation and giving that money to Russian veterans organizations whose soldiers died trying to prevent the establishment and foothold that the Taliban achieved while killing 14,000 Russian soldiers armed by CIA bullets. If Russia had been successful then there likely might never have been a September 11th, 2001.
edit on 28-8-2016 by Miracula2 because: added last paragraph

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If you take away all the corruption, all the lies, all the unethical behavior. . . . .

There would be nothing left.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2

originally posted by: nomoredemsorreps
Hillary and Obama and Bush pretty much CREATED isis..

Just like Jimmy Carter and Zbigniew Brzezinski helped create and support the Taliban. I just saw an article on the New York Times about how Russia manipulates stories for their own political agenda.

Now I remember stories on national news shows as a child and I hated watching the news at my grandfather's house. I was more cartoon oriented as a child. Incredible Hulk. Duke's of Hazzard. Loved it. News. Despised it. But I remember armed conflict stories even though I don't remember other stories. The news said that the US government and Jimmy Carter accused Russia of invading Aghanistan. Communist expansionism.

Then I find out 30 years later that Russia indeed had REJECTED requests for assistance by the ruling moderate Islamic government to curb the expansion of Islamic radicals attempting to overthrow the government. 14,000 Russia men and boys died at the hands of CIA bullets and Jimmy Carter. Not only that. 2,000 American citizens lost their lives on September 11th. This # gets no more humorous than a trip to your local VA to see young vets dealing with PTSD and amputated limbs from IED's because the US had to send soldiers to the same #ing country 30 years later to do the same #ing job Russian soldiers were doing and have some arrogant prick write a New York Times story about how Russia tells fish stories.

Russia at least protects its own citizens. Carter and Brzezinski get American citizens killed and American soldiers maimed while at the same time lying about Russia politics and armed interventions.

And time and time again. The US and NATO creates these #head towel head insurgencies and lies about Russia's attempts to stop them before they get started.

I give to the DAV monthly and have thought about cancelling my donation and giving that money to Russian veterans organizations whose soldiers died trying to prevent the establishment and foothold that the Taliban achieved while killing 14,000 Russian soldiers armed by CIA bullets. If Russia had been successful then there likely might never have been a September 11th, 2001.

Yes, exactly like that. But if we take it one step further, the common thread throughout ALL of these acts are two entities:

1. The freaking evil CIA
2. Heinie 'I love to diddle children' Kissinger.

I swear, if JFK had succeeded in blowing the CIA 'into 1000 pieces', and Kissinger had been run over in a car accident 80 years ago, the world would be in a much better place. I think it's obvious to all that Carter, Bush (at least the baby), Obama, Nixon, Johnson, Clinton--they were and are just patsies, doing the beck and call of some other entity. Because there is no other way to explain the commonality that runs through ALL of the presidents we have had, and the acts of congress we've had, for the last 50 years.

Make no mistake. The assassination of JFK was not just the killing of a beloved, to many of us, President, but a freaking coup. And we've been watching these evil ba$tards screw us all over for the last 50 years. After researching what's been really going on around me for the last 5+ years, reading 100s of books about all the things that have happened that are not allowed to be reported in the mainstream, I ma 100% convinced of this truth.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

She wants to raise taxes.

I'm sick and tired of paying such high taxes.

Heck, if you take away all the corruption, all the lies, all the unethical behavior....I don't think there's anything LEFT. I mean, when's the last time a political 'platform' ever was anything but a stack of lies? Remember Obama's 'if you want to keep the same doctor'..., and/or Bush's 'Read my lips, no new taxes...'. LIES. All of them. Every last one.

So if G-d rid the Clintons of all that, there'd be nothing left but a bad smell...

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join