It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last call for all thinking people and actual patriots to jump off of the Trump Crazy Train.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I get it, I really do.

I feel the frustration so many of you have with the established parties. The cronyism, the corruption, the bureaucracy. No doubt our political system is broken. But a man with no actual political ideals is not the person to fix it. A man who openly brags about using the system to enrich himself is not the banner-man for change. No, you look for someone with a clear vision and solid ethics.

I also feel the frustration so many of you have with regard to immigration. There's a brand new neighborhood of very nice houses in my area and the only people buying in there are immigrants. The top school in my area has about a 50% immigrant student population. I think about this and I wonder how they are affording such great houses when so many Americans are living pay check to pay check. I wonder how they inspire such achievement in their kids. But the answers to those questions is not to push them out or deny others like them entry into the U.S., the answer lies in knowing them better and understanding what it is about their culture that encourages such achievement.

I also feel the frustration so many have about jobs and the economy. It's bleak. The only jobs are McJobs or jobs that are too technological for our current crop of applicants. It's so easy and pandering to say "bring manufacturing back" but it won't be like it was, it will be automated and mostly done by robots. The basis of our stagnation and decline is rooted in the politics of 20 years ago and wishing it back to the way it was before isn't going to do a damn thing. We have to innovate and reeducate in order to be competitive and it's going to be hard and not everyone will be able to adapt. That's just the reality. We're in a gap that only time, strategic initiatives and perseverance will see us through.

I also feel the frustration so many have about race relations in the U.S. It does seem that the last 8 years has hurt more than helped, which is disappointing and surprising but it cuts both ways. Some Whites have never given Obama a chance simply because he is black and some Blacks have tried to capitalize on his tenure to exact twisted ideas of social justice or payback. But those people are the demented minority who sadly have the loudest voices. But the answer to racial issues is not a dog whistling race baiter who continually says shockingly stupid comments regarding Blacks and Latinos. It's not a guy who tweets out a pic that he loves Mexicans while eating a taco salad. Or asks Blacks so flippantly, "What do you have to lose?" like they have never had any measure of success.

Add to it ISIS and other world issues and yeah, it seems like a lot. Everyone gets it.

No, the answers to any of these huge issues is NOT Donald Trump. The answer is not a loony Pied Piper who plays tunes of hate and fear, whose main source of information is the internet and all of it's minion trolls. I get it - It would be so easy to be lulled by the sweet tunes of pandering populism played by Donald Trump. But it's not real. Nothing is ever free or easy. There is always a price to pay for those hypnotic tunes. And the price the the U.S. will undoubtedly pay is destabilization and the degradation of our reputation on the world stage. And not even just the world stage but for each of his supporters, individually, and, indeed, for this very website that so often plays hosts to the absurd talking points spewed by his supporters.

With each day that passes, with every new jaw-droppingly dumb or offensive thing he says, with every ill-informed platform or position, with every backtrack or campaign pivot - Trump declares himself incompetent to run even a campaign, much less an Administration. Additionally and perhaps more sadly, his supporters lose credibility in their real life and with on-line friends and adversaries. You see, you take it seriously where Trump so clearly does not. You are passionate where Trump is so clearly feeding you bull#. There comes a point in time though when the pile of bull# is just too big to ignore, the stench too repugnant.

The time is at hand that being a Trump supporter now makes you look foolish. You're covered in bull# and your barreling down the tracks on a Crazy Train that's headed over a cliff. Stop and think. You've got only a small window of time to save your reputation and to save your country. Now jump off!

We'll still be here. We'll get you through. We will have more respect for you for admitting your mistake, for putting you country first. We can still be friends and we won't even talk about you - much.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: JetBlackStare

The time is at hand that being a Trump supporter now makes you look foolish. You're covered in bull# and your barreling down the tracks on a Crazy Train that's headed over a cliff. Stop and think. You've got only a small window of time to save your reputation and to save your country. Now jump off!

We'll still be here. We'll get you through. We will have more respect for you for admitting your mistake, for putting you country first. We can still be friends and we won't even talk about you - much.

+35 more 
link   
a reply to: JetBlackStare

Thank you for your patience, kindness and understanding.

Where do I pick up my Hillary t-shirt?

+2 more 
link   

Last call?
Nope, that would be election day.

There is plenty of time to decide who (not) to vote for.

+58 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I get it

No, you don't.

And what of the other side of the Coin..? I see no mention of HRC's asinine and criminal actions. Where is the rationale comparison?

They are both a detriment to this Country's future...it's as if doing your Civic Duty would be to not vote.

It's one thing to be Bias, but another to be Bias and show your ass.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Why does it have to be Trump or Hillary?

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

You definitely do not do that.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Come on, you're smarter than that. I know you don't actually believe that either/or, lesser of two evils bull#. One is a criminal, the other is a con-artist. I refuse to cast a ballot for either one.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This post makes me want to vote twice. Can't stump the trump. #nobrakesonthistrain.
This election isn't for the weak.
lmao. Back to the meme wars
edit on 26-8-2016 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Hillary is even worse than Trump, how can a person claiming they have their eyes open to the corruption that's taken over our government then vote for the very embodiment of all that means?

I agree with not voting Trump I'm voting Stein. But Hillary is no sane alternative to Trump. I don't suffer from Stockholm Syndrome.

I can't stop others from kissing the feet of our slavers or their cronies, but I won't.

Screw the cats and dogs, vote guinea pig, take a chance on something different, vote third party.

Addendum: "Oh wait your not saying vote Hillary. Ok then. Sorry for jumping the gun. Still leaving my post it still stands for others. Good on you.
edit on 8/26/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

It's sad that you only see two options.

If you go to the grocery store and they only have spoiled food and rotten food, do you still make a purchase? Now THAT is showing your ass.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

It's not up to me. The electoral college is going to decide. Fact is, there are 2 choices.

I am not America. I don't get to choose. My state is heavy for Hillary so my vote won't count.

+37 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Its very easy to lay down a hyperbolic political hit piece that has no substance.

What would really be difficult would be actually defending the other candidate.

Your post is completely negative with no intent to build or solve anything just a blast of hot air saying "you should hate that guy enough to vote for anyone else".

Sad thing is, that's all you have.

Nothing constructive to say or do, just tear down, attack, destroy and lie.

How Hillary of you.

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: JetBlackStare

You definitely do not do that.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Come on, you're smarter than that. I know you don't actually believe that either/or, lesser of two evils bull#. One is a criminal, the other is a con-artist. I refuse to cast a ballot for either one.

It
Is
Not
Up
To
Me.

!!!!!

Either Trump or Hillary will be our next president. That is a fact.

That is not opinion. That is not a bias. That is not partisan. It is a fact.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Bravo good sir, well written and thought out thread.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

Last call?
Nope, that would be election day.

There is plenty of time to decide who (not) to vote for.

I disagree. I think that supporting Trump (or Clinton) is costing this country in immeasurable ways. It perpetuates this farce of an election and makes us all look stupid. Look at this very page. Just because I posted against Trump people are bashing me for supporting Hillary. Where is the critical thinking? There is none, there is just hysteria and reaction.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

That will be a great analogy in the upcoming fight to dump all these turds.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

It's not up to me. The electoral college is going to decide. Fact is, there are 2 choices.

I am not America. I don't get to choose. My state is heavy for Hillary so my vote won't count.

I disagree on all counts with DB, except.. hes right. Despite wanting otherwise, this IS a two person race. End of story. There is a 0% chance a 3rd candidate wins. 0.

edit on 26-8-2016 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Yay! Let's jump off the Trump Train and jump on the Clinton Train.

Yeah, that'll be a much better ride, I bet.

Listen, buddy, this train that we're all on is headed for a major derailment. It's not a question of if, but of how and of who will be conducting it when it finally crashes.

People like you who slam one crazy-ass conductor and actually seem to believe that the other option is any better are a big part of the problem and a big part of why we're here. I just feel sorry for anyone who rants against one in support of the other.

link   

originally posted by: abe froman

Its very easy to lay down a hyperbolic political hit piece that has no substance.

What would really be difficult would be actually defending the other candidate.

I make no presumption to defend the other candidate. I can't. I won't.

But it's kind of sad that your logic is so flawed that you think "If A, then B must also be true."

link   

No, I think it would be best to let them go right off that cliff with the crazy train.

We need something to shock and startle the Right Wing back in to the realm of sanity and that may require them to hit the bottom extremely hard.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join