It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton Wiped Server With 'BleachBit'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
FUN UPDATE:

Tech firm brags about blocking FBI from recovering Clinton emails

A technology company that provided the program Hillary Clinton's team used to scrub her private server of emails bragged on its website Thursday that it had prevented the FBI from accessing deleted records.

BleachBit, the application that deleted some of Clinton's emails ahead of an FBI investigation, said it had not yet been served a subpoena over its involvement in the destruction of potentially classified records.

A headline on the company's website read: "BleachBit stifles investigation of Hillary Clinton."

www.washingtonexaminer.com...
edit on 26-8-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You know that's just wishful thinking at this point.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Hillary plus 1 person is a team, no?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Judicial watch or whomever is filing the foil requests and lawsuits need to bring a case against Hillary, her lawyers, her tech guy and these tech firms for Spoliation of evidence, whichcan result in fines and/or incarceration of the parties involved.

It would be a slam dunk and I've never heard thatword yet with respect to her emails, but that is exactly what they did. I know this from experience working in the legal and related tech fields.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

If it's obstructed executively and the rest of the govt. is COWED here we are.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Man this is entertaining.

So many heads buried in the sand in this thread just to protect a D.

Unbelievable.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Any server I know, especially one that contains important/unrecoverable information has a backup strategy. If it was done through a network, like NetBackup (used extensively by the government), then somewhere there were multiple incremental and full backups archived. Some places put them out to companies like Iron Mountain, and others make their own archives and lock them up. I wonder if they were able to track all of that down, assuming they did backup.
edit on 26-8-2016 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

The minutia invoked in a backup strategy, is that the backup servers themselves have many hard drive faults in their IT lives. HD's in EMC and NetApp RAID appliances are constantly failing and replaced. Those discarded HD's are rarely destroyed, especially in government sites, and are locked up as well.
edit on 26-8-2016 by charlyv because: added content

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Many files and emails were backed up.

The FBI got ahold of quite a few.

Can't hide from the Sun as they say.

Data firm gives FBI all backed-up Clinton emails

A Connecticut-based tech company that backed-up Hillary Clinton’s personal email account turned over a “hardware device” to the FBI Tuesday, the company said in a statement, adding that the FBI now has all of the Clinton emails the company had in its possession.

Colorado-based tech company Platte River Networks — which maintained Clinton’s server from the time she left office until it was turned over to the FBI in August — had partnered with Datto, the Connecticut-based data protection business, to ensure Clinton’s emails were properly backed up.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

There ya go! Nice comeback. With the complete backups, a zeroe'd server is a moot point.

edit on 26-8-2016 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Hmmm, sounds Dodgy. What motivation might drive a person to instruct that yoga and recipe data be deleted from known existence using the best software available as opposed to simply hitting the delete button??

The thing is, she is a very astute woman in how she goes about her daily business. You can't build an empire and a reputation without some basics. Here are some basics about Hills.

-super smart
-very successful lawyer
-wealthy
-Husband was POTUS
-30+ year successful career in US politics
-Has been Secretary of State for the United States of America
-US Senator.
-Has many many powerful friends across many industries, globally.

Now, with an impressive resume' like that, you can guarantee that one thing above all others is of utmost importance to Hillary - and that thing is INFORMATION.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Now, with an impressive resume' like that, you can
guarantee that one thing above all others is of ut-
most importance to Hillary - and that thing is
BLACKMAIL FODDER.

I'll not mince the pronouns and maybe fix that for ya mate.
I'm certain though the things that aren't on her resume'
will be the line items that keep the festering love boat afloat.

And that second list of wiles are making me feel like all
the Borgia girls at once: would be like a month in Japan,
With a couple clear American Express cards of Soros'.

Without those two afforded adjoining rooms by now at
Leavenworth, I'm worried she has a chance of flipping a win.
And if she wins, we all lose: even her blinded acolytes.

PS I never had the chance to complement your new ava: not
unlike a modern-day Münchausen without the rough and tumble.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
FUN UPDATE:

Tech firm brags about blocking FBI from recovering Clinton emails

A technology company that provided the program Hillary Clinton's team used to scrub her private server of emails bragged on its website Thursday that it had prevented the FBI from accessing deleted records.

BleachBit, the application that deleted some of Clinton's emails ahead of an FBI investigation, said it had not yet been served a subpoena over its involvement in the destruction of potentially classified records.

A headline on the company's website read: "BleachBit stifles investigation of Hillary Clinton."

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

You simply have to love the hubris--

Here's a subpoenaed computer. Now design the software
with the waiver that the designer cannot be held legally
accountable in any way for its use by the licensee.
Then later turn around and brag about being an accessory
to obstruction. Next stop, Bizzaria.

You know what-- I'll spend a grand on a plasma torch before
I buy a platinum poppy seed bagel from those C$%*@KERS.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Just an FYI. Pushing "Delete" doesn't do anything at all in removing a file. That entire file is still exactly the same as it was before you deleted it. The only difference is that the computer doesn't know how to find it anymore. But the entire thing is still there just like you left it.

The only way to actually get rid of information is to write over it with other information or random information or something of that nature. I've recovered lost data from drives that have been completely repartitioned and formatted then a new OS installed on it. Not everything is still there but a lot more of it was than I expected. It just needed to be scanned and reorganized and pieced back together again.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Because they can't refute the truth, so they go for the source. I have no idea why they expect this stuff to be on any outlet other than Right wing media, the Left is covering Hillary's ass as fast as it comes out. The source used, was quoting the State Dept. It doesn't say what they want, so...twist, deflect, deny.
All while the evidence keeps piling up.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

My goodness.

Why the defense of a candidate that DOES NOT care for your well being one bit? Unless, of course, you are part of the elite one percent.

Look, I appreciate your passion. But, you are approaching this election in the same way many of my co-workers and colleagues are: "Hillary is the answer".

Guess what? She is not. Neither is Trump. Until we all realize that the only people our elected officials represent is themselves and their ilk, NOTHING is going to change.

Trump is a charlatan. So is Hillary. So is the supposed "process".

I have a friend who is Secret Service. He will tell you, point blank, that the people he protects "do not care one bit about me or you".

Who else do you need to hear that from to get you to stop defending a criminal?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

It depends on many other factors. Your scenario is valid for common file systems and spinning hard drives. For example with SSD drives there is so called TRIM function which resets every cell used for deleted files on some schedule (daily, weekly). There are also other layers like LVM and its thin provisioning ...

But ... MTA was run on Exchange so we are probably dealing with some classical setup: Two physical HDDs for OS (and Windows AD services?) and two drives for productive data (here Exchange database). Both arrays are in mirror RAIDs. NTFS file system resides on both arrays.

If I would want to destroy evidence on basic level, I would boot the server with Linux USB stick and wipe out both arrays (or all four physical drives) with something like bleach bit - in fact under Linux you do not need any fancy software:

dd if=/dev/random of=/dev/sdX

Is everything you need to thoroughly destroy any data on any mechanical drive plate (if repeated say 10 - 20 times, but even super villains do it only 5 times). If you are paranoid, you smash device to peaces and put it in to some "degaussing" device. For ordinary folk such device is microwave oven ... do not look in to window and do not reuse oven for culinary purposes
However you can still use magnetron of said oven to create your own directed energy weapon.

And first of all: Is USA government run on M$ and Exchange? God help you all folks.
edit on 26-8-2016 by JanAmosComenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: reldra

The article doesn't say Clinton instructed that. The article has Trey Gowdy stating bleachbit was used so that 'even God can't read them'.

Oddly, the FBI has recovered a lot. Can they see better than God?

HER lawyers were following HER orders...No?

The article says 'Clinton's Team'. Oddly, it takes 1 person to run Bleachbit, usually a computer tech. So, let's say there were 2 computer techs, I guess that is a team.

Nowhere does it say lawyers. Yes?

Please STOP the deflecting, wiggling and word mincing. The point is someone UNDER HER AUTHORITY was instructed to use bleachbit on those emails.

Then enter that same company who offers the bleachbit bragging about keeping the FBI from reading the emails because they had not been subpoenaed yet. What a joke.

Tampering of evidence by all involved.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
A little BIT of BLEACH in hot water is all that's needed to sterilize diapers too. Hillary chose that company for more than one reason. Always thinking ahead, this schemer.

(post by NoElection removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Well, on the brightside, now we have a software to use against NSA. SO thanks Hillary. Downloaded. ^_^
PS: Busted

Btw from the bleachbit website:

BleachBit "stifles investigation" of Hillary Clinton

They are even using it as a form of advertisement for their product.

If that is not a dead giveaway I don't know what is.

Posted Screenshot incase they delete it

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join