It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: French Court Rules Mayors Cannot Ban Burkini

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
cnn

French mayors do not have the right to ban burkinis, the French Council of State ruled Friday, suspending the bans already in place in a number of French cities and towns.

15 French towns had banned the burkini, some citing terror concerns.

In London, demonstrators created a makeshift beach Thursday outside the French Embassy for a "Wear what you want beach party."

A large population of Muslims who were born in France have complained the rule was an overreach. France is a very secular country, but the burkini may be bringing some out into society in places where they migh never have gone.
edit on 26-8-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

Any ordinances rendering the burkini as illegal to wear in France are suspended.
edit on 26-8-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
First they came for burkas and burkinis, then it was hoodies and backpacks.
Now, 20 years later we have to run around nude, only for our own security....

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter
LOL.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Good- Banning items related to a culture or religion is just the move ISIS would want to recruit more Jihadis

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Dammit the water was cold

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
Good- Banning items related to a culture or religion is just the move ISIS would want to recruit more Jihadis

Exactly.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

You were told to go to that OTHER beach, farther down, where the men where burkinis.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

But I thought Muslims were peaceful and tolerant.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
It was a stupid ordinance anyways. Long as you can see the person face, who cares if they wear full clothing while at the beach. Ordinance i could stand behind, is forbidding fat people from wearing speedos at the beach.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra
Really, not joking, here in germany they go for backpacks now, want to forbid them on several events like Oktoberfest and stuff. And we know, if they begin to forbid things first only on several events, where that will end. Sure, only for our own security...

But i can remember the times where they tried that in NYC, because of Graffiti. In the same year you could buy special vests with a lot of space for cans and stuff, to wear under your normal clothes. One could buy them even here, in some special shops, that´s why i know them. So, what would be better for "terror prevention", backpacks they can see and search before entrance, or hidden vests...

All that stuff has nothing to do with terror prevention, so i just signd a picture how it would be maybe in 20 years, nude and a personal drone that follows you everywhwere...

edit on 26 8 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007
It was a stupid ordinance anyways. Long as you can see the person face, who cares if they wear full clothing while at the beach. Ordinance i could stand behind, is forbidding fat people from wearing speedos at the beach.

LOL, that made me laugh, i saw them instantly, those persons in speedos

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

The whole thing is just sick. Making that poor woman strip while people cheered on the police... in front of her crying daughter. Horrible, but disallowing women to choose what they wear is supposed to be a selling point for westerners to hate Islam?

Thankfully there's plenty of common sense French opposed to this kind of hatred and persecution. It seems in every country in the world now, there is a brewing civil war between fascists, bigots and pigs and those of us who know that it's better to just live and let live.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

In 20 years, people will look at France and say, THIS is a European country? And will laugh in disbelief

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

That's the kind of crap that just makes people look silly. Not one person ever said there's no such thing as a jihadist or a bad person who claims to be Muslim. It's that we have the brain power to know that disgusting people don't fit a demographic.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Uh where did I insinuate anything related to this? EVERY SINGLE Muslim I've met, isn't a Jihadist, by that logic, all Muslims therefor, are not Jihadists... What a dumb train of thought-

Just like insinuating that Muslims ARENT tolerant because of ISIS

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I'd be more worried that it goes entirely against the Western spirit of freedom of choice. If one is free to go nude to a beach, well, one should also be free to go covered.

ISIS will always find ways to prey on the weak-minded and deluded. But I don't think we should give up our freedoms in response.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

You were told to go to that OTHER beach, farther down, where the men where burkinis.

Sorry to be off topic but you do know about shrinkage right.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

In 20 years, people will look at France and say, THIS is a European country? And will laugh in disbelief

France has had Muslim immigration since the end of ww2, only another 20 years am I right.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

lol

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Maybe yes, maybe not. Maybe some some lonely islands of the "good white nazi folks"(maybe Neuschwabenland would be a good place?) will be left, and there people still will think that they maybe cold stop the future.

Or one could accept that and try to live with each other, in a respectful way.
Would be the better way than trying to stop the future. We are seven billion earthlings living under the same sun and on the same earth, who thinks that nowadays everybody stays where he was born?

Or should we start to forbid several "races", religious nuts, foreigners from several countries to enter europe? Really? There was an austrian not long ago, with a little moustache under his nose, he tried to do something like this, we all know how it ended.

Saw that your location is yugoslaviya, even my father came in the 1960´s from yugoslavia to germany, if they would have stopped him, i wouldn´t be here today, i wouldn`be happy about that. And this was the time of the first cold war, and germany was/is USA, and you know, yugoslavia was the other, "evil side". What they today call Putin-Russia today. In addition to that my father was a muslim. On papers, not a believer, because he visited university before, and educated people have their problems with cults... And nobody stopped him from coming here to germany, to start a family, to work(hard jobs, because his university university degree simply was not recognized here, because, "red star" and all that) and pay taxes from day one.

Nobody should be deported or forbidden to enter europe or every part of the earth if there is not a real, really very good reason, not just because he has black hairs, the wrong skincolor, his country is robbed by the west or one is tricked by the wrong "religious" cult. We had a wall once, a border here in germany, that people were not allowed to cross for decades, we don´t need such stuff again. Not that kind of germany we had between 1933 and 1945, and not that germany that was called GDR.

But sadly, with the terror excuse and the artificially feared people, they, the security freaks and rightwing-voter fishers, seem to take everything they learned from the Nazi´s and from the StaSi to steal our liberty. That just works when the majority of people stops to think because they are full of hate and because the are full of prejudices.

edit on 26 8 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join