It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crossbow Attack Leaves 3 Dead in Toronto

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

We had an operator from the Lithuanian special forces get shot in the leg.

He didn't even know he got shot until I pointed out to him that he was bleeding from his leg. Got hit with a 7.62x39 round in the calf.

Sometimes things don't register for whatever reason.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Sometimes things don't register for whatever reason.

Sure maybe in a high Adrenalin scenario you military type might encounter but the average joe in a normal day ....really ?..Your gonna get hit like that and just not know it....not buying it

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   

There are plenty of stories out there of people being shot or otherwise injured without the person realizing. It's more common than you might be willing to believe.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I believe that there are many anomalies that are tough to explain without specific experience........still stories are just stories are they not ?

edit on 26-8-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   

I´ve stabbed myself accidently with a bowie knife into my leg (3cm deep, should have been stitched, I was told). The case slipped away while I was jamming the knife back into it. I know, dumb. Learned the lesson.

I walked 2km to the drug store with the blood squeeking out of my sandals, getting some tape and walked back. feeling absolutly no pain. Only when I showed my father and he put iodine into the wound the shock faded and pain noticed. I was 12 back then. Still wondering what the women was thinking and why she did not ask me if I need help, since I taped myself directly in front of the store, making a mess.

Then I saw someone falling from a ladder and hitting his head on the last steps so a big chunk of skin and hair was shaved off. He put it up from the ground, said "I need that", put it in his pocket and went on with his things for a minute (Ambulance was on the phone already). He said he´s fine, want´s to work on.

Although, getting hit with a bullet should be noticeable, but then, maybe he noticed something but thought it was just a stone or a wooden stick who hit him there. I can totally imagine it happening.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

OK ...hard to to argue with.......pain can be sporadic and relative to a situation.....still just hard to imagine, in fact i should be thankful i have had not had the experience ...

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I was shot in the shoulder by a broad head. That's a razor tipped hunting arrow for those who don't know..
Trust me, it hurts.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I can imagine that... Be lucky it wasn´t a gobbler guillotine

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
This threads starting to remind me of that funny scene from Jaws... (checks his appendix scar)

Anyway I`m hoping that more info is released about this, as it sounds so strange.

Did he have a repeater type crossbow? if not, like others have said how the heck could he kill the three in the same place?

Is it drug related? ex spouse etc?

What was the suspicious package? (drugs, explosives. maybe nothing)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

As I've said in other threads, I do a lot of wood working and handle razor sharp tools every day. I get nicks and cuts often, some of them very deep when a chisel or carving knife slips. I never notice even the deep ones, till blood starts getting all over what ever I'm working on. I never get stitches, I just wrap some tape around it and go on. When I was shot with the arrow, it didn't hurt till I looked down and saw what had happened. I thought someone had shoved me at first, because I had my head turned, looking at something else.
Project is right. Some things just don't hurt.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

I was shot in the shoulder by a broad head. That's a razor tipped hunting arrow for those who don't know..
Trust me, it hurts.

I read an account by a man that was walking in the woods.
Some dumbass shot him with broadhead through the thigh.
He stated in the article that he felt no pain when he was struck by the arrow.

Maybe the guy was lying, but I was just passing on the information that I read. I make no claims that every person struck by an arrow feels no pain...... Just that that guy didn't.

I read it years ago, if my memory serves my correctly, it was in Sports Afield or Field and Stream.

I see that you posted about how you can get a cut from a razor sharp instrument and no notice it until you see the blood, so I did an edit!

edit on b000000312016-08-26T07:31:49-05:0007America/ChicagoFri, 26 Aug 2016 07:31:49 -0500700000016 by butcherguy because: removed snark.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Attesting to the randomness of his crimes and violence, Kuklinski confessed he wanted to use a crossbow to carry out a hit, but not without testing its lethality first. While driving his car he asked a stranger for directions and used the crossbow to shoot the man in the forehead. Kuklinski described that the arrow "went half-way into his head"

Richard Kuklinski - The Iceman

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Do you think it's harder/more evil for Obama to order a drone to 'accidentialy' bomb a hospital, again

Or

Physically doing an act and watching the life drain from someone's body?

I would say the personal act is more evil then the leaders actions

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: DAVID64

Trust me, it hurts.

I read an account by a man that was walking in the woods.
Some dumbass shot him with broadhead through the thigh.
He stated in the article that he felt no pain when he was struck by the arrow.

Maybe the guy was lying, but I was just passing on the information that I read. I make no claims that every person struck by an arrow feels no pain...... Just that that guy didn't.

I read it years ago, if my memory serves my correctly, it was in Sports Afield or Field and Stream.

I see that you posted about how you can get a cut from a razor sharp instrument and no notice it until you see the blood, so I did an edit!

A bullet hitting bone can make a grown man cry like a baby. What the lone Ranger or Tonto might call a flesh wound has many cases of individuals being shot stabbed or impaled by all kinds of things and their response has been it did not hurt until the medics started removing the object or attending the wound... The next few days are when the soreness and pain seem to be most prevalent.

Here is a weird one but the pain was not mentioned, however I think this would have seriously hurt ! youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
!a reply to: 727Sky

YIKES!!

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
This story is messed up, one article says that someone was dead in the driveway as well as another person bleeding out in a neighbors house.

Also, it seems like no arrows were used in the attacks, they were all hit with "bolts".

I was working just off of Eglinton the day this happened, though on the complete other side of the city.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
A "bolt" is a Arrow designed for a crossbow. And Just owww. The reason some people dont feel pain is they just didnt notice it. yes they are not paying attention. It ssimiliar to when you get a shot. when you look away it hurts less right?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I feel really bad and conflicted here.

The part of me that loves old school weaponry wants to say "A crossbow? Awesome!!!"

But then, people were killed and that's anything but awesome...

Am I bad person for having both thoughts and not just the people died one?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
I feel really bad and conflicted here.

The part of me that loves old school weaponry wants to say "A crossbow? Awesome!!!"

But then, people were killed and that's anything but awesome...

Am I bad person for having both thoughts and not just the people died one?

No you shoudnt feel bad. did you shoot them? No you didnt. SO dont feel bad. They are dead and I am sure they dont mind because they are better off now than we are.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Well, it may not take skill to use and fire with a crossbow, but to get three people this must have been someone very upset about something. It takes considerably more time to ready and fire a crossbow than a gun or bow and arrow.

A tragic event, but the truly scary thing is that the politicians will use this in order to justify the regulation of bolts and string.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join