It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Filipino maid ‘raped by boss’ in Saudi Arabia dies in hospital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The act in itself is bad enough.. However some of the comments on the article are worth a read IMO. This would not have made the news if she had not died..

Before passing away, the 35-year-old was asked by a nurse who had abused her. She pointed at her employer, ABS CBN News reports.

newsletter.thaivisa.com...
www.news.com.au... =public_rss
One comment from the peanut galley I found amusing:

Rancid

Platinum Member
Rancid
Advanced Members
2,227 posts

ID: 4 Posted 23 hours ago

Well, the Saudis are our staunch allies, defenders of democracy and lovers of freedom, so probably best to just ignore these type of things. Just like turning a blind eye to executions, spreading radical Islam, bombing kids in Yemen, oppressing women and breaking numerous animal rights regarding, sheep, goats and camels.
First rate implacable friends like these don't grow on trees.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Any links that will not crash my browser in an attempt to profit from my browsing? Sorry but these links are crap.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
if this happened in russia or NK or Philippines the US would make some 'Hashtag' start trending on twitter. this will be a casual mishap and no one was at fault.

the UN is not going to be screaming human rights abuse or the US, even if it happened to US citizens. (which it did, and the woman was charged for reporting it)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Happens here too but the bosses are convicted and put away.

These gals are very vulnerable.

She probably has kids back home.

Scumbags.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Thing is, rapists come in all denominations. While I get that this article is insinuating that Saudis are the scum of the Earth(which they are), these things happen everywhere. Sad but true.
edit on -05:002016Thu, 25 Aug 2016 23:17:48 -050031America/Chicago000000Thu, 25 Aug 2016 23:17:48 -0500ThuAmerica/ChicagoAug by PorteurDeMort because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I'll go along with that.

It is extraordinarily dangerous for those "guest workers", slaves in any other context, in Saudi Arabia and many of the other OPEC-rich nations. The oil money has given them the false idea that they are some sort of gods--free to do as they please, when ever they please. ...and not just in their own little sheikdoms, either.

We've all heard the stories. Unfortunately, most of 'em are true.

It's time and past for these countries to be held accountable. Were trump or clinton to actually say this, and mean it, I might actually consider voting for them. But they won't say it, or if they do, won't mean it. It's going to take Congressional pressure, and voter pressure, for anything to ever change... That's the simple hard truth of it.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Actually Trump kinda did say this. As a transgender woman is one of the few things I respect him for. Not sure if he means it though, so that part still stands.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Oh how ironic when the UN was commenting about Duterte in the Philippines.

I hope he has a field day with these bastards.....

Any rational person can see the Saudis are so far above the law they are already on Mars.

Worst still that poor women was probably supporting a family back in PH, The amount of people here that have worked in Saudi and said after one "tour" they would never return.
As a family we know one guy in his early 20s that was raped several times. The authorities did not give a damn and it was Laughed off..

Sick backward country run by tyrants with a population of brain washed morons...

RA

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Did he?

I missed it. I'll have look for it, unless you've the link handy?

Thanks for letting me know.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Heard anything from that great supporter of women's right, the poor and downtrodden foreign nationals yet, Hillary? All I hear are crickets.

As side note, this kind of abhorrent behavior is closer to home. Just look at the Mexican border towns. Actually, Antonio banderis and Jennifer Lopez did expose on this called, surprisingly, borderline. It won I think at one of the Cannes film festivals and even though it won, was not shown in any Us theatre because it hit too close to home.

Imdb link

Cheers - Dave
edit on 8/25.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It was during his speech about fighting terrorism I think.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I thought it was gonna be reinforced that no-one could have slaves without basic rights..
Hopefully some changes will come.. Now

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
this has been happening for decades if people stupid enough to go work there, well they have accepted the risk

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
edit on 26-8-2016 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Her family in her home nation need sto contact the Saudi courts and demand Eye for a eye.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
It's pretty common there. My wife's father wanted her to work there as a nurse and she refused because it's so common.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Isn't a Saudi head of the UN human rights commite or something? My heart breaks for any woman forced to go work in this stone age culture because I don't think any woman would go there by choice.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Slickinfinity

Lots from the Philippines go by choice.

top topics

join