It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Ok, putting Clinton aside, what do you really support in Donald Trump and his campaign for POTUS?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:36 PM
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

His leadership skills, his successes, his transparency, his experience, and his willingness to talk to the people is what I admire in him.

His friends, his family, and his loyalty attest to his character. He takes no punches, he doesn't back down, even as people threaten his very life. He is Aristotle's magnanimous man personified.

He doesn't need anything else, and I think his sincerity in saying he wants to give back to the very country and people who helped him find success is inspiring.

I think he will make America great, and a great America is what the world needs right now.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 11:48 PM
a reply to: TheTory

You're right about what America and the world needs right now is a great America, but what if Donald Trump just totally sucks ass as POTUS and tries to use his business as a model for trying to govern the country and lead the free world?

In other words, do you have any concern that he could RUIN the United States of America, both domestically as well as internationally?

What you're saying is that you like and admire him personally, but aside from those impressions and he has built up a powerful brand over the years (could you have been taken in by it?), what is it about his entire policy guideline and platform that you support ie: what is it that he will DO as President to "make America great again"?

Nevertheless, thank you for answering the question. You like the man and his character and principals and what he stands for, personifies, and upholds in your eyes ie: a great leader who will make a great American President and who will just make America great again, rah rah.

I just hope that, in the event that he were to win, that your discernment and evaluative skills are much better than my own.

Out of fairness, with respect to Hillary Clinton, I should say that I find that the caricature of her isn't entirely congruent with what she seeks to accomplish and represent, which is not to say that she hasn't made some mistakes and to be honest, I used to loathe her, but I took another very close look and her stock went up in my books, not because I'm anti-Trump, but because of the platform and the ideas she's putting forward that are entirely affirmative and that have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Donald Trump in protest AGAINST his candidacy, which I do not believe for a moment should be the primary focus of her campaign.

edit on 25-8-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: typo

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:06 AM
1. Trump has promised to end Common Core, which was designed to keep certain groups of students from excelling over their classmates, it's designed to make every student equally stupid.

2. Trump has promised to fix our Trade deals, which were designed to redistribute our wealth and jobs to other countries.

3. Trump has promised to curb illegal immigration, which has destroyed entry level job wages

4. Trump has promised to end Obamacare, which has already resulted in an average 30% policy premium increase

5. He's not Hillary

I could have not said this better.
Trump may be a liar, he may have his flaws. hell he may be as evil as any of the other people who wants to take the office but for me hes no different then any other person in the running that has a chance to win with exception of one thing..

he has far less political baggage then killery. and to my knowledge hasn't had as many people connected to him die in mysterious ways.

you asked why people support him. not to make you understand the reason we do.
you think your candidate has a chance to win but truthfully her troubles haven't even really started yet. she has a very rocky road ahead. and mark my words she should bow out now and enjoy the rest of her life out of the publics eye. she wont have that option later.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:08 AM
It's not just crooked Hilary. Look at the Republicans jumping ship these people are in cahoots and they don't have our interests in mind. They want us fluoridated, enslaved, indebted, sick and on a bunch of drugs.

Just maybe trumps not a part of that

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:32 AM
we have a choice between dumb or dumbier, hillary is obviously dumbier, derp i didn`t intend to, derp,can i be president now? my god are americans really this retarded?

edit on 26-8-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:10 AM
a reply to: Tardacus

You think Mr. "I didn't say that, er, I apologize for what I said" is any better?

I saw a post where someone said Hillary will keep the status quo but Trump might PROBABLY keep the status quo (something like that).

Sounds to me like people are falling for "Hope and Change" all over again because "PROBABLY" sounds like they are just hoping things will change
edit on 26-8-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:13 AM
a reply to: Tardacus

To the rest of the world, looking on, the negativity of BOTH campaigns, seems retarded and very childish and small-minded.

It's not at all what a truly historical campaign should be all about, because we need to bear in mind that this sets precedent for the trajectory of the United States, as a country, and a country seemingly wounded and terribly divided. It also has international and global consequences too.

If Clinton continues to go hard on the negative campaigning and takes her eye off the ball for an instant, then I will be sorely disappointed. This is I'll admit, already happening.

If I were the Clinton campaign, I'd proceed in a real hurry to educate the American people on all the pieces of the Democratic Platform, and get out of the damn sandbox and let Donald Trump say whatever he likes.

In the end-run, before people get to the privacy of the voting booth, and they do possess a great deal of power in their ability to cast their vote, they have a choice, and as much as many dislike both candidates, they will do an inventory and evaluate what is in the best interests of the United States and the World, and that's a place where party loyalty can be as ephemeral as a mirage, or the place where people choose between what both sides are actually proposing that they will DO.

A grand negation has never won an American election in history.

You have to be FOR something, to be inspired. An angry protest does not a wise vote make, since it's emotional and visceral and personal, but not objective and evaluative, more knee jerk, fight or flight type of reaction. It's a fist shaking, but that won't ever make America great again..

We CAN discuss these things reasonably and rationally I do believe, but I put this thread in the political mud-pit just in case.. LOL!

It's been very civil so far, and I thank you and admire you for that. People can have different impressions and opinions about things, but on the more vital and substantive issues, if you don't have a rational argument, but only a fist to shake at everything you oppose, then you have and are for nothing, except some sort of angst, but little else (woe to such a man as this! said like Macbeth or some Shakespeare dude).

I trust my discernment and evaluative skills and, except when she goes really negative on Trump, who I'm starting to suffer a type of fatigue hearing about to be honest, Hillary Clinton is hitting the right notes of "can do" optimism and she is sincere and authentic about wanting to get the details right for every day average Americans, and following through on the Democratic Campaign Policy Platform (of which there's a comprehensive one).

And as a supporter of her platform and thus her campaign I say "leave Donald Trump alone"!

If you want to make a run from behind underdog into a victim whereby the bully becomes the bullied, then because he's not a career politician, people will vote for him if only because they want to take his side in feeling sorry for him, up against the big bad Hillary Clinton campaign machine.

With two children flinging mud at each other in a sandbox.

If I were advising the Clinton Campaign, I would strongly advise for a REFRAME into the Party Platform, which is sound and reasonable, and away from a purely, or largely, negative anti-Trump campaign and leave all this other nonsense and hate mongering behind, while asking that Donald Trump also share his vision for America, and his entire platform and policy guidelines, to contrast it but in a way that's wholly affirmative and optimistic and in alignment with that quintessential "can do" American spirit.

Whoever manages to really inspire the American people to catch a vision of an American renaissance and a new morning in America, but with a real plan to get there and make it happen, for real, and without dropping the ball amid confusion or inexperience, will win the election hands down.

So to be honest, I suppose the intent of this thread was implicit in the title. There's a serious flaw in the Trump campaign, and right there, between loathing and outrage and protest, on the one hand, and a very reasonable and well thought out plan and platform, on the other, is the split and the cutting edge that differentiates - not NAME CALLING!

Negative campaigning has never decisively won a national election in the United States, except with Michael Dukakis' tank photo that is, but that's an exception to the rule.

I figured someone would put forth a great affirmative case for Trump and the Trump platform on it's own merit.. but the night's still young..

Welcome your thoughts, and thank you in advance for participating. I'll leave it to you guys.

Best regards,

edit on 26-8-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:36 AM
Why do you like the democratic platform?

But to answer your question

1) I love his tax reform plan
2) I believe him when he says he will target government waste and corruption because he is not a career politician
3) I really like his stance on enforcing our immigration laws, it's pathetic that the day has come when we have to vote on who doesn't ignore our own laws.
4) I want a wall
5) I want to see Obamacare repealed
6) I like his education policy, remove common core and let the states compete
7) I like that he will actually fight ISIS
8) I'm against 5 million Muslim refugees that Clinton would bring
9) I'm sick of political correctness, his direct talk is "human" compared to the political talk today
10) I feel he will help the economy more than anyone else who ran this year.

And one of the most important: stop the influence of corporate lobbying on our policies, stop them from buying elections.

Trump wasn't my first choice, Rand Paul was, but now if pick Trump over anyone else.
edit on 26/8/16 by xstealth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:41 AM

Because Donnald trump went through school. He graduated. Got himself in a massive debt from his family that he can't pay back, just like every college graduate I know sitting in debt. And even with that college degree from an Ivy League school he is not able to make a profitable business.

So many deals have gone awry due to his own self intervention telling him it will not work. Just like all of us who are afraid of failure. He is the embodiment of someone who has tried and failed so many times that he just can't turn a profit from anything he touches. Just like my friend who lost a few hundred thousand purchasing a cab company after Uber took over the city, decimating his chances of it's survival.

And since people are still scared of getting sued who knows. Maybe he will follow suit with people who # over our deals trying to turn America into the next Third World country that's why.

Even I have been scammed duped #ed over and thrashed in this country and quite frankly I am sick of it myself.

So by putting someone with the likes of his mind is like any one of us sitting in unrepayable debt ever since this social science project of "too little debt is bad" started back in the early 1900s.

It is time for someone who amounts to a college grad to take hold of the reins to steer us in a direction that is prosperous for the higher educated people, not more of the same old same old bull # we've had since bush.

edit on 8262016 by GiulXainx because: (no reason given)

edit on 8262016 by GiulXainx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:59 AM

originally posted by: xstealth

Why do you like the democratic platform?

Here it is

What I like about it is that it's not a bunch of mere promises and just talk of hope and change and whatnot, and she'd be no Junior President or Jr-Intermediate President, to be fair to Obama. I believe in other words that she would have power, the strength, the will and even the stamina, to get it done and it's doable this time, particularly if she were to win a mandate from the American people (some sort of landslide, even if only in the electoral vote count, where it matters).

If I were an American, and to be honest here I'm a Canadian, but I rather into American politics and have been for a while (don't shoot me?!), as much as I might sort of dislike or distrust Hillary Clinton, I'd pay attention and listen to what Clinton's campaign is proposing to actually do, not as some sort of experiment, and not by saying simply "believe me" or "trust me" or "I'll fix it", but by actually laying out the plan and the platform, which was in part hard fought through negotiations with Bernie Sanders and his people. There's no Donald Trump in it, that's not what it's about.

I like all of it, and to be honest, I've never been more hopeful or optimistic, and if Donald Trump keeps putting his foot in his mouth, and short circuiting in his brain then that's just fine by me.

He just never offered a real vision where his "Making America Great Again" slogan is well, just a slogan. It doesn't mean anything in and of itself except some sort of mad rah rah America first yeah! hijacked patriotism by a branded image of Trump=Success and nothing more..!

Just so you know, it's freaking out the rest of the world, the whole thing. We fear Trump for all the wrong reasons much moreso than we could ever hate or loath Hillary Clinton for valid reasons or otherwise.

Please don't go off on me for admitting that I was a Canadian who's observing closely and that I don't have a "chip in the game" but don't we all, at some level?

Carry on!

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:04 AM
a reply to: GiulXainx

A blustering, isolationist America-first America, is not what either America or the rest of the wold needs right now.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:06 AM
A choice between the grim reaper and the devil.....hmmmmmm let me have a think about that

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:35 AM
I don't even mean this in a rude manner, but is this a serious post, given the infinite amount of controversy surrounding her and all her wrong doings?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:57 AM

Well you're from Canada, if you lived here you'd have a clear view that progressive politics destroy everything they get involved with.

We do not need another damn lawyer/career politician in office. People don't trust either one, why trust one who is both?

Being an experienced politician isn't a qualification in my book either, they don't do anything except corrupt and the only qualification to be one is breathing.

We sure don't need another Bush/Clinton dynasty.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:22 AM

Many issues, really. I agree with his stance on immigration... enforcement of the law and real protection of our borders, 100%. I agreed with his hardliners stance on Muslim visitors into this country. I absolutely agree with his position against global free trade agreements and doing whatever it takes to bring this country's manufacturing sector back. I like his tax plan. Hell, I sincerely appreciate his candor regarding political correctness. It's about time a politician who's willing to talk like a real human being and show the real human emotion of angry mockery stepped up and put those pandering DC frauds in their places. He's pledged to defend the 2nd from any attack by the fear mongering opportunists.

What don't I like about him? He's too socially liberal. That said, this country needs to repair it's skeleton before we start hitting the minor cosmetic surgery touch ups like abortion.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:30 AM
a reply to: burdman30ott6

He's pledged to defend the 2nd from any attack by the fear mongering opportunists.

That's a pretty big call i wonder if as the president he even has the capacity to make a change to something so important.....when i see statements like this i think of the marital vows ....tell me how many people who make these vows are in the back of their heads thinking WTF am i doing ? More importantly how many back out, or should i say amend the vows ?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 04:18 AM
I just have to say that the reason's why I just LOVE Trump are as follows.
1. He has never gone back on what he
2. He just has such a high value for women and womens rights...
3. His speeches have SOOO much substance...
4. He is a man to never get baited by a simple tweet or comment/question....Wait I think that happens every time he is asked a question by an intelligent person. Just imagine if he was speaking on the behalf of the American people.

You Americans are in for a big slap in the face if he is to become your POTUS. Good Luck

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 05:34 AM
Trump is not one of the "political elites," who for generations have been selling us out to global interests, all while enriching themselves. Not much else matters to me.
edit on 26-8-2016 by babyfacebill because: Misspelling

edit on 26-8-2016 by babyfacebill because: Misspelling

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:16 AM
I like that he doesn't take donations from foreign countries that harbor terrorism. I like that both parties dislike him and MSM. I like that he doesn't blindly support the racist BLM organization. Most of all I like that he isn't Hillary and that alone garners my vote for him.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:59 AM
One positive thing you can say about a Trump presidency is that he will create jobs. Specifically, we can look forward to huuuge growth in the stand-up comic industry.

During the Bush presidency, comedians had a seemingly endless supply of material to work with. It was a golden age for the industry. Every time Bush went somewhere, passed legislation, decided to bomb some patch of desert, or even opened his mouth to speak comedians had something to work with. Since Obama took office, there seems to be an unspoken rule not to judge him too harshly. Without having the President as source material, comics were forced to find humor in other areas. Many were not able to adapt to the change.

If Clinton is elected, the stand-up comic industry may not survive. It will be un-PC to bash her on anything. Comedians will be reduced to the same stature as mall Santas, working only a month or two out of the year during election season.

Won't you please think of the comedian's children? How are they going to afford to send their children to college without someone like Trump in the White House?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>