It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Predestination Computer

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 11:10 PM

originally posted by: kibric
a reply to: Aazadan

if there is growth for the species
not just a groups agenda
groups have too change
real progress does not come about
through corruption

if we want humans to be a presence
in the galaxy within 1000 years
we will have to take good care of
every human on earth

groups can con them selves into thinking
only they know the right way
but a lot of others think the same

only when small self profiting ideas and agendas
are dropped
we can see the billions of dollars
arent as important as as the expansion
and prosperity of the human race
this can only really be achieved through
care and love

you can't mould the human race
but you can nurture it

even as a business
its short term-ism
to think you will continually profit
if others do not continually profit

the grab for power or agenda
ends the same

a civilization that doesn't crumble
doesn't inhibt the growth of it populace

why cant rulers of the world run the world well
why does it have to be for anyones agenda ?

sorry , rant over..

what are you blabbering about?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:01 AM
a reply to: Aazadan

Thank you for your response

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:06 AM
a reply to: galien8

I had a friend years ago who we all thought rather paranoid when he spoke of the hidden devices within computers
Years later he it appears he was correct

edit on 27-8-2016 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:50 AM
a reply to: galien8

The day is approaching when something similar will fall into place and it'll be a 'mission creep' nightmare. Technology and processing power will reach a point where all that metadata will become more manageable. Moral relativity has already won the day to protect us from terrorism and justifies the mindless hoovering up of internet communications. I say 'mindless' because it's wholesale and lacking the nuance of interpretation; all the organising and scrying is apparently done later on.

Terrorists, wannabe terrorists and maybe-one-day terroristswill have their internet activities monitored and assessed. I like your idea of controlling their web environment. It'd be possible to influence their actions and thoughts; maybe move certain 'actors' into their social circles too. I see the metadata as a loaded weapon - it's neutral and defined by whose hands it's in and what their intentions are.

There have been programmes and studies looking to create analytical software that predicts crime and some of it has already had successes. Let's say crimes occur with higher frequency at certain times in certain places? Some police forces have been placing officers closer to those locations and smothering the crime rate. It's a sensible approach and saves police time, saves money and keeps people happier.

I can see the time coming when the 'metadata' can be crunched to use the patterns of crime and add further layers of analyses. These would use the social media and socio-economic scores to predict locations, times and potential criminals. Essentially what PK Dick called 'precrime' and where I see mission creep taking it to unforeseen places...

There's no reason why something like that wouldn't occur if the technology was there. Political dissent would be an obvious focus as it runs hand in hand with concerns of terrorism. Just as we might predict who might become a criminal, it may become possible to identify budding dissenters. Today's dissenter could be tomorrow's terrorism and would thus justify being watched.

The mission creep will see all kinds of uses for the metadata and (imo) points towards a massive potential for misuse. A Totalitarian state, for example, would be almost impossible to overturn.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:49 AM
a reply to: Kandinsky

I concur! They are already bigbrothering, precriming and yessebossing all over the damn place

top topics
<< 1  2   >>