It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Pope About to Make an ET Disclosure? Operation Blue Beam - "Little Green Men" - Whoa!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: klassless
a reply to: klassless

I don't want to derail my own thread or criticize catholicism but before I authored this threadI had noticed online articles about "pope lucifer god" and I just typed that on Google and, boy, 542,000 results! Unbelievable article titles!

I have no idea why the Vatican is interested in astronomy, especially after it condemned Galileo Galilei for his heretic findings but the Vatican has a telescope in Arizona. How does it support catholicism? So they share the data with universities and rent out the place, etc. You can't go to the observatory for masses, or to talk to god through jesus, or to offer your confession, or to be forgiven for your sins.

They're not looking for aliens 'cause that is being covered with more powerful instruments. And talk about misusing priests!

What's preferred, saving souls or saving data?

www.vovatt.org...
Welcome to the website of Vatican Advanced Technology Telescope
The Vatican Observatory Research Group (VORG) operates the 1.8m Alice P. Lennon Telescope with its Thomas J. Bannan Astrophysics Facility, known together as the Vatican Advanced Technology Telescope (VATT), at the Mount Graham International Observatory (MGIO) in southeastern Arizona where sky conditions are among the best in the world and certainly the Continental United States.

You are barking up the wrong tree and make many an assumption on the way. For a start Jesuit priests already studied astronomy, and were pretty expert, and once they got their hands on usable telescopes around the time of Galileo Galilei, it didn't take long, but a few years, to come to some agreement with Galileo, who himself agreed with the much earlier Copernican model of heliocentricity. However the Church in the main was stuffed with Ptolemy's ideas, (and Aristotle for that matter) with a history of conflicting philosophy. So it was all about internal politics really.

As for googling and coming up with something that appears to be congent by number, try that with any old crap, I will take it you will be surprised. You really should do some more 'googling'.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

The thing you quoted and said people did those things were all natural disasters.
edit on 8/26/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Well... considering the literal goal of the Church is to be the one true religion... I mean, you don't expect a tiger to eat tofu, right? Why expect the Catholic church to do anything but try to convert the world?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

The thing you quoted and said people did those things were all natural disasters.

Well, nature is often ruthless, but it isn't the most high making it happen just so people die.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I have no idea why the Vatican is interested in astronomy, especially after it condemned Galileo Galilei for his heretic findings but the Vatican has a telescope in Arizona.

Galileo was not truly "condemned for his heritic findings". He managed to severely piss of the Jesuits, who then launched a campaign against his works. This lead to him being told that he could discuss heliocentrism as a theory but could not advocate it as being the truth. This was the case for quite a few years.

The Pope - who was an early supporter of Galileo's work - then asked him to explore both sides of the argument in his next book, including the Pope's own views, but without advocating one or the other. Unfortunately, Galileo's book made the Pope look like a complete idiot and came across as a staunch attack on geocentrism. Unintentionally, it appears, but the damage was done.

So, between the pissed-off Jesuits and the pissed-off Pope, Galileo was condemned to house arrest for... well, pissing the wrong people off. Heresy was the excuse rather than the reason.
edit on Ev12FridayFridayAmerica/ChicagoFri, 26 Aug 2016 14:12:28 -05008412016b by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Must be nice being God. You go to work, labor, go to the store, buy food other humans grew and butchered, then take it home, cook it, and before eating thank God for it. But nature, which God created and no one controls but him goes and killed millions, and it's, nature's a bitch.

I'd love it if I got praised for all the good things others do, but getting a pass for anything really bad I do.

Oh and let's ignore that the only reason that person has to labor to feed their family is because God designed us to need nourishment by destroying other living things to survive.

I may be agnostic, but when it comes to most religions I'm effectively an Atheist.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Must be nice being God. You go to work, labor, go to the store, buy food other humans grew and butchered, then take it home, cook it, and before eating thank God for it. But nature, which God created and no one controls but him goes and killed millions, and it's, nature's a bitch.

I'd love it if I got praised for all the good things others do, but getting a pass for anything really bad I do.

Oh and let's ignore that the only reason that person has to labor to feed their family is because God designed us to need nourishment by destroying other living things to survive.

I may be agnostic, but when it comes to most religions I'm effectively an Atheist.

That's okay, I understand. For me though, I reached out once to God in a time of great trial, and he swooped in and took my spirit away to a nice place. It was like suddenly being in a different world and he told me these times of great trouble are all part of something coming. I'm staying the course with him. That's my choice. He cares and loves everyone, but the world is going to have to ride it out for better or worse. At least I know where I stand.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

I don't want to derail my own thread or criticize catholicism but before I authored this threadI had noticed online articles about "pope lucifer god" and I just typed that on Google and, boy, 542,000 results! Unbelievable article titles!

I have no idea why the Vatican is interested in astronomy, especially after it condemned Galileo Galilei for his heretic findings but the Vatican has a telescope in Arizona. How does it support catholicism? So they share the data with universities and rent out the place, etc. You can't go to the observatory for masses, or to talk to god through jesus, or to offer your confession, or to be forgiven for your sins.

They're not looking for aliens 'cause that is being covered with more powerful instruments. And talk about misusing priests!

What's preferred, saving souls or saving data?

www.vovatt.org...
Welcome to the website of Vatican Advanced Technology Telescope
The Vatican Observatory Research Group (VORG) operates the 1.8m Alice P. Lennon Telescope with its Thomas J. Bannan Astrophysics Facility, known together as the Vatican Advanced Technology Telescope (VATT), at the Mount Graham International Observatory (MGIO) in southeastern Arizona where sky conditions are among the best in the world and certainly the Continental United States.

You are barking up the wrong tree and make many an assumption on the way. For a start Jesuit priests already studied astronomy, and were pretty expert, and once they got their hands on usable telescopes around the time of Galileo Galilei, it didn't take long, but a few years, to come to some agreement with Galileo, who himself agreed with the much earlier Copernican model of heliocentricity. However the Church in the main was stuffed with Ptolemy's ideas, (and Aristotle for that matter) with a history of conflicting philosophy. So it was all about internal politics really.

As for googling and coming up with something that appears to be congent by number, try that with any old crap, I will take it you will be surprised. You really should do some more 'googling'.

The business of religion is mind control. Nothing else they do is aimed aids religion. No science, no astronomy replaces the rituals that believers MUST perform (kneeling, crossing yourself, handling the rosary, etc.). Therefore, they have no business expanding their nefarious activities.

Wikipedia:

Responding to mounting controversy over theology, astronomy and philosophy, the Roman Inquisition tried Galileo in 1633 and found him "vehemently suspect of heresy", sentencing him to indefinite imprisonment. Galileo was kept under house arrest until his death in 1642.

Jesuit astronomers, experts both in Church teachings, science, and in natural philosophy, were at first skeptical and hostile to the new ideas; however, within a year or two the availability of good telescopes enabled them to repeat the observations.

Religion is man's worst concept.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Members: the thread is being derailed to discuss religion. The thread title is:
"Is the Pope About to Make an ET Disclosure? Operation Blue Beam - "Little Green Men" - Whoa!"

Talk about rumors that the pope is about to make an et disclosure. Or, discuss Operation Blue Beam, or, little green men.

No more talk about the good (ha!) or bad (yea!) re: religion.

What does the pope know about et and when and where and from who did he get the alleged information? Or it's just more ufological bs.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I find your perception of the Vatican and their purpose/potential power severely limited.

The true purpose of said mythology is to act as coded guide to enable mankind from his animalistic autonomic origins towards enlightened limitless experience.

I am more Gnostic than anything and read between the lines in an esoteric mindset.

The EXOTERIC interpretation you seem to have as your only grasp of their religious material, is the true major hurdle in your way of perceiving the larger picture at hand.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: prevenge

I find your perception of the Vatican and their purpose/potential power severely limited.

The true purpose of said mythology is to act as coded guide to enable mankind from his animalistic autonomic origins towards enlightened limitless experience.

I am more Gnostic than anything and read between the lines in an esoteric mindset.

The EXOTERIC interpretation you seem to have as your only grasp of their religious material, is the true major hurdle in your way of perceiving the larger picture at hand.

You are a religious believer and are defending humans' worst enemy that forbids free thinking and stunts progress. What you say is pure bs.

Gnostic: Gnostic | Define Gnostic at Dictionary.com
www.dictionary.com/browse/gnostic
4. (initial capital letter) a member of any of certain sects among the early Christians who claimed to have superior knowledge of spiritual matters, and explained the world as created by powers or agencies arising as emanations from the Godhead.

IOW, BS!

There is only reality. We all live in it. There is no room for religious/esoteric bs.

In the 1981 film "History of the World, Part I" directed by and starring Mel Brooks plays Comicus the stand-up philosopher. When he goes to the Vnemployment window to pick up his Vnemployment cash benefits, Bea Arthur is the "Vnemployment" Insurance Clerk. When she asks Mel what he does he answers "philosopher" and Bea shoots back "Oh, a bull#ter!"

"Oh, a bull#ter!"

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
no, he isnt.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
In a realistic vein; what world leader would ever invoke E.T. with all of the social upheaval going on today?
Personally, what you have will be a lot less, and what you do not have, will be harder to reach. So many more important areas in our society need repair before even going there. IMO.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2
I did not realize the Pope was worthy of listening to. Religon can explain this crap?!?!?! yea right..: GOD sucks

Rank Death toll (estimate) Event Location Date
1 1,000,000–4,000,000*[1] 1931 China floods China July, August, 1931
2 900,000–2,000,000[2] 1887 Yellow River flood China September, October, 1887
3 830,000[3] 1556 Shaanxi earthquake China January 23, 1556
4 450,000 (242,000–655,000) 1976 Tangshan earthquake China July 28, 1976
5 375,000 (250,000–500,000)[1] 1970 Bhola cyclone East Pakistan (now Bangladesh) November 13, 1970
6 300,000[4] 1839 India cyclone India November 25, 1839
7 300,000[5] 1737 Calcutta cyclone India October 7, 1737
8 280,000 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami Indian Ocean December 26, 2004
9 273,400[6] 1920 Haiyuan earthquake China December 16, 1920
10 250,000–300,000[7] 526 Antioch earthquake Byzantine Empire (now Turkey) May 526

Natural disasters happen NATURALLY. Yes God created the world but he does not go around causing those incidents. they just happen.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
They been saying stuff like this for years, to keep people on edge or in suspense, it makes them more mystifying or even possibly majestic if they were supported by higher powers then TPTB could.

Even though I doubt they know anything about them other then stories that were actual accounts or stories that were based of events, like Homer's Illad telling the story of Troy, spiced with mythology.

If any one of institutionalized religions ever did have Aliens, or something more backing an supporting them, then their faith would be viral with ease and with little to challenge it, if Aliens picked sides.

However, seems like they don't give a crap one most of the time.
edit on 27-8-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

If their teachings were for that reason, then why do so many people become depraved or bitter from practicing them? Also if Jesus was real, why didn't he teach any of talents or pass them down through the books that are said to be his own words?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen

If their teachings were for that reason, then why do so many people become depraved or bitter from practicing them? Also if Jesus was real, why didn't he teach any of talents or pass them down through the books that are said to be his own words?

Religion cannot be defended 'cause it has no defense. When it was tried, it lost (Scopes Trial).

No one in their right mind accept Jesus' words, as found in the new testament, as being factual so no books quote him. Nowhere in the new testament does it say that Jesus' words were written down by a scribe who was with Jesus 24/7 and who could access his thoughts. Jesus is not a historical figure for there is no historical evidence for his reality. People created him, and the jewish god.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join